Crash for Matt White

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
ahh ****! :(

Crash for Matt White
http://www.cyclingnews.com
Australian Matthew White (Cofidis) has crashed while warming up for the Tour de France prologue in Liège, Belgium. White was rushed to the hospital with a severe cut on his head and a suspected broken collarbone, putting his first Tour participation in serious doubt.

Cyclingnews will have more information as it becomes available.

Yeah! This same thing happened to Bob Rolle when he was with 7-11. He was replaced before the race. This is the same with Matt White's team, his replacement arriving on very short notice. So I suppose from a team perspective, it's better to happen now than a few stages down the road. But that doesn't make Matt feel much better I suppose.

Doesn't really feel like a good start to the tour for the Aussies:
White crashes out before the start
Rogers crashes during prologue
McGee feeling like **** and riding poorly
Gates crashes and misses the cut
O'Grady crashes 4km from end of Stage 1
Time for a change of luck?

Originally posted by gntlmn
Yeah! This same thing happened to Bob Rolle when he was with 7-11. He was replaced before the race. This is the same with Matt White's team, his replacement arriving on very short notice. So I suppose from a team perspective, it's better to happen now than a few stages down the road. But that doesn't make Matt feel much better I suppose.

A high speed dash across Belgium for Peter Farazijn, apparently.

Yea it's a shame to work so hard to get to this race and then crash during warm-up, hope he will be here next year.