Crash sensor

divinemaredi

Mar 2, 2016
I've recently heard about a helmet crash sensor that contacts your family or close friends once it senses that you've had an accident, thought it was quite cool and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before?

No. First time I heard something like that. I wonder how it understands as an affirmative signal that you crashed and need urgent help?. A violent strike or something?

This is also the first time I've heard of such a helmet. I don't think that would be necessary for me since I only ride inside our village and I seldom join long rides outside on the main roads. My question on that helmet is this - what if you are on a pit stop and the helmet accidentally falls down without you knowing it? If the device sends a signal to your family to communicate the mistaken mishap the it would create a confusion. I think an ID with information at the back would be good enough for that purpose of contacting your family in case of an accident.

Well that sounds neat and everything, but I am failing to really see the need in this. The information will get to where it needs to get to, but shouldn't we wait maybe and find out how bad it is before sending a general alert. The last thing you want is Mom or Dad being in a meeting, interrupted by an urgent message that Johnny is hurt, when he accidentally drops his helmet on the sidewalk. That is just the way I see it.

These kind of products are really amazing. They are rarely released in the market. I have seen several gadgets like this but I have never bought them due the price. You can buy it online but the price of the sensor is very high. The function is really cool and it is worth the price but I can't afford these gadgets. I would love to see a crash sensor on my bike but I wish I could afford it.

I've recently heard about a helmet crash sensor that contacts your family or close friends once it senses that you've had an accident, thought it was quite cool and was wondering if anyone has ever used it before?

This is my first time hearing of it as well, now that would be something that I would purchase for my kids if I had some because it would be nice to be alerted by something that my child has had an accident 2 miles up the street.

It's a great idea sand if it does exist, I can see someone really making good money off this product.

Never heard this before, and I think that's cool. The emergency will immediately come during the accident, and much better to call it "helpmet". :)