Crashed last night Need new front Wheel.

Sam123

Aug 1, 2009
Had a big crash last night.. Done all my hip in big road rash on hip, another big cut above it, elbow all cut, leg and ankle all cut to.. that's not really the problem though..

My wheel on the bike buckled took it to the LBS and they done there best to straighten it up but there was something wrong with the rim i asked if its ridable for about 56 miles we do on Sunday he said sure.

So the thing is now i need to look for new wheels..

I think the ones i have now are 700c 23 inches? Would i need the exact wheels or similar I'm looking to spend about £130-£160 on lighter ones to about 900grams for front and 1100grams for rear i think the ones i have now are plain 2000grams ones.

I found these

Evans Cycles | Campagnolo Vento Reaction Wheelset | Online Bike Shop But im not 100% sure there fit the bike or whatever, what should i be looking out for before buying etc.

If anyone else has got any cheaper/better wheels they refer?

Edit I've just been offered a brand new wheel from 1 of the people i ride with. Is it fine to ride with 2 different wheels?

Sam123 said:
I found these

Evans Cycles | Campagnolo Vento Reaction Wheelset | Online Bike Shop But im not 100% sure there fit the bike or whatever, what should i be looking out for before buying etc.

If anyone else has got any cheaper/better wheels they refer?

Edit I've just been offered a brand new wheel from 1 of the people i ride with. Is it fine to ride with 2 different wheels?

First, sorry to hear about the crash. The best news is that your bike is mostly ok! The bodily stuff will heal. Second, you can just about any 700c rim. FWIW, 700c x 23 is a tire size. It's perfectly okay to use two different wheels. In fact, you quite often see pros doing exactly that. As for the Ventos wheels, those are excellent wheels, and at that price, it'd be tough to get a custom set made with the same quality. Normally, I'd suggest a custom wheel or wheelset, but that Vento price is really tempting. Campagnolo wheels, across their entire wheel line, are known for exemplary build quality and durability.