Crazy Bets

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, May 4, 2004.

  1. Does anybody know if the bookies are offering odds on the
    date the Olympic Staduim Roof collapses?

    [Like if they ever get it up there anyway!!]
    --
    le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site:
    http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > Does anybody know if the bookies are offering odds on the
    > date the
    Olympic Staduim Roof collapses?

    > [Like if they ever get it up there anyway!!]

    That would be the coolest closing ceremony though, just blow
    up the stadium instead of all the balet and opera stuff.
    They already have a guy with a torch so they'll only need
    some dynamite and a fuse.

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com...

  3. On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12:05, Ronald wrote:
    > That would be the coolest closing ceremony though,
    > just blow up the stadium instead of all the balet and
    > opera stuff.

    Barbarian. Opening/closing ceremony that I enjoyed the most
    was Albertville. New, beautiful, intriguing.

  4. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12:05, Ronald wrote:
    >> That would be the coolest closing ceremony though,
    >> just blow up the stadium instead of all the balet and
    >> opera stuff.
    >
    > Barbarian. Opening/closing ceremony that I enjoyed the
    > most was Albertville. New, beautiful, intriguing.

    It's really a great big conspiracy to give the home-turf
    athletes (and tiddley-winks players and dancers in the
    water) an unfair advantage.

    Like the visitors are gonna be so psyched out about the
    probability (not possibility you understand?) of the roof
    collapsing that they will not be able to put out 100%
    thereby levelling the playing field, so to speak, for the
    Modern Day Marathoners, Discus Tossers and Javelin
    Launchers.

    --

  5. Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:
    >

    >>On Tuesday 04 May 2004 12:05, Ronald wrote:
    >>
    >>>That would be the coolest closing ceremony though,
    >>>just blow up the stadium instead of all the balet and
    >>>opera stuff.
    >>
    >>Barbarian. Opening/closing ceremony that I enjoyed the
    >>most was Albertville. New, beautiful, intriguing.
    >

    > It's really a great big conspiracy to give the home-turf
    > athletes (and tiddley-winks players and dancers in the
    > water) an unfair advantage.
    >
    > Like the visitors are gonna be so psyched out about the
    > probability (not possibility you understand?) of the roof
    > collapsing that they will not be able to put out 100%
    > thereby levelling the playing field, so to speak, for the
    > Modern Day Marathoners, Discus Tossers and Javelin
    > Launchers.

    I'm more concerned that they've torn down the flea-bag hotel
    I stayed at for $10 a night and it has been replaced by a
    new swanky place. Greece always was an amazing bargain for
    travel, I hope the Olympics don't screw that up.