crazy comuting, nastyness.

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by n2t, May 10, 2007.

1. n2t

n2t New Member

So THIS is why you use fenders. I went home from work today about 7pm. Dark, little bit of lightning and overcast. 1 mile into the 5 mile trip it started raining, HARD, 5 mins later the hail hit..it hailed the rest of the way home and I was covered in mud and water thrown off by my tires. So..I guess there is a reason bikes get fenders when they are comuters, lol sweet. Either way it was fun, lol.

Tags:

2. SEAcarlessTTLE

SEAcarlessTTLE New Member

Indeed, here's to fenders...

I accidentally rode through a puddle of white paint on the local trail when I was too busy gazing at the waterfront scenery on the way home the other day. Man, was I glad that I had fenders! (My bike is black!) I escaped with only a light spattering on my shoes and frame to teach me to pay more attention. :) Of course, the tires look a little goofy, but who cares.

I just hope it wasn't some punk's idea of a good time to leave that puddle there...

3. mphew1

mphew1 New Member

I'm only new to commuting and have only suffered a few showers, however the other day I had to cope with some hail. I don't have any fenders (which I think I would refer to as mudguards - correct me if I have no idea please) but I figured that if I was getting wet from above what is the problem with getting wet and muddy from below.

The hail was the worst part, I was already soaked to the skin but the sharp pains on my arms and face was a bit much. I was going down a hill I normally do at 50km/h but I had to slow to about 20km/h to reduce the pain.

4. n2t

n2t New Member

from above the hail/rain is wet and cold but clean, wet from below is muddy and nasty and is best avoided I'm finding. Either way I'm in love with this 150 dollar denali, I guess it'll be a while before I "upgrade".