Crazy crooked crap

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Darsh, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.

    The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my mind
    would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my anus.

    Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    disease.... shudder

    The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to a
    surgery time on Friday morning.

    darsh

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:52:08 GMT, "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >
    >The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    >they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my mind
    >would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my anus.
    >
    >Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    >disease.... shudder
    >

    >The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    >a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    >darsh

    My thoughts are with you. GET FVCKING WELL SOON!

    :-]

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to
    > my anus.
    >
    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    > darsh

    Bro, I don't know what to say....I've known two people that had cancer, another with CP and one kid
    whose Dad shot him in the head (he survived, but is blind and has some mental issues). The great
    thing is they all survived their infirmities and the dude with CP has the best outlook on life out
    of anyone I've ever met, ill or not.

    Hang in there....I know this is easy for me to say not being in your shoes, but seriously you'll
    pull through!
    --
    Slacker

  4. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >
    >The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    >they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my mind
    >would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my anus.
    >
    >Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    >disease.... shudder
    >
    >The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    >a surgery time on Friday morning.

    Sorry to hear about this - but don't worry. If years of MTBing haven't hurt you, this doesn't stand
    a chance. Just have the docs disconnect the nerves in the area so you won't have to spring for any
    saddle padding from now on... ;-)

    Get well.

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Darsh <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to
    why.
    > Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my
    anus.

    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.

    This sucks Darsh - hope the bad news is better than you fear. Get well quick.

    Shaun aRe

  7. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.

    Best of luck with the surgery, hope it goes smoothly and you're back in the saddle quick.
    --
    Chris
    ________________

  8. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to
    why.
    > Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my
    anus.

    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    > darsh

    My mum was diagnosed with brain tumour last november and the anxiety at that time for our family was
    terrible. You never know how its gonna turn out so keep your hopes up. I really feel sucky in
    situations like this cuz I find anything I say would tend to be bullshitty cuz I'm not the one with
    the crap. No pun intended, but take it easy.

    bloocow.

  9. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.
    >
    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >
    > darsh

    Darsh,

    Positive thoughts are with you, Russ P, and all those affected by the events as of late.

    Lance

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to
    why.
    > Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my
    anus.

    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    > darsh

    I hope they get it this time and wish you a full recovery. My thoughts and prayers go with you bro.

    Mike

  11. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Darsh wrote:
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to
    > my anus.
    >
    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.

    Ah, hell, guy, I was sort of hoping the whole situation had been neatly resolved after your
    last report. You know, though, it doesn't really sound like cancer - usually cancer doesn't
    manifest with a sudden acute infection and loads of pus. I'm betting it's some sort of
    anatomical quirk - a fold or pocket in the tissue (though probably not connected to the
    rectum or you'd have known about it before now), formed during fetal development, that got
    irritated and inflamed. Ooh. Or maybe it's all that's left of your twin... That'd be
    suitably Darshesque. And imagine the comeback possibilities the next time somebody complains
    about your attitude... "Geeze, dude, what crawled up your butt and died?" "Well, as a matter
    of fact..."

    Kathleen

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Darsh wrote:
    > > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > > that went with it.
    > >
    > > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know.
    > > When they spoke about possible debris in my
    rectum,
    > > my mouth would always fill with bile... then my mind would wander as to
    why.
    > > Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my
    anus.

    > > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids,
    and
    > > folks with Chron's disease.... shudder
    > >

    > > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as
    > > to a surgery time on Friday morning.
    > >

    > Ah, hell, guy, I was sort of hoping the whole situation had been neatly resolved after your last
    > report. You know, though, it doesn't really sound like cancer - usually cancer doesn't manifest
    > with a sudden acute infection and loads of pus. I'm betting it's some sort of anatomical quirk - a
    > fold or pocket in the tissue (though probably not connected to the rectum or you'd have known
    > about it before now), formed during fetal development, that got irritated and inflamed. Ooh. Or
    > maybe it's all that's left of your twin... That'd be suitably Darshesque. And imagine the comeback
    > possibilities the next time somebody complains about your attitude... "Geeze, dude, what crawled
    > up your butt and died?" "Well, as a matter of fact..."
    >
    > Kathleen

    You are a killer sometimes Kathleen! Heheh, ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  13. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Kathleen wrote:
    > Darsh wrote:
    >> Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >>
    >> The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    >> they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    >> mind would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to
    >> my anus.
    >>
    >> Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    >> disease.... shudder
    >>

    >> The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as
    >> to a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >>

    > Ah, hell, guy, I was sort of hoping the whole situation had been neatly resolved after your last
    > report. You know, though, it doesn't really sound like cancer - usually cancer doesn't manifest
    > with a sudden acute infection and loads of pus. I'm betting it's some sort of anatomical quirk - a
    > fold or pocket in the tissue (though probably not connected to the rectum or you'd have known
    > about it before now), formed during fetal development, that got irritated and inflamed. Ooh. Or
    > maybe it's all that's left of your twin... That'd be suitably Darshesque. And imagine the comeback
    > possibilities the next time somebody complains about your attitude... "Geeze, dude, what crawled
    > up your butt and died?" "Well, as a matter of fact..."
    >
    > Kathleen

    Refreshing... not a worst case scenario. Today is overload on virual get-wells and heal fasts for
    all my AM-buddies...Darsh, do we say, "hope everything comes out all right?

    penny

  14. "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and
    everything
    > that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to
    why.
    > Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to my
    anus.

    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    > darsh

    It always sucks in these situations ... then it gets better ... maybe it sucks more for a while ...
    but it does get better ... then you are rejuvinated to ride harder/faster/longer. The way I see it
    (too much injury experience over the past year) you have two choices:
    1) Give up
    2) or not

    I've read many of your posts, you've already pick #2, remember, it does get better.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

  15. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    Thanks all.

    It is touching to see the thoughts typed out. I feel fine. This is really nothing. My doctor is
    qualified. I am very pleased about some things at this point.

    Kathleen is right I hope. Even though this "lump" was going on for a few months (noticed) before my
    infection(s), I believe that it will be funny in the end.

    I am eating a Carl Buddig, turkey sandwich on wheat.. with a small slice of Old English. Hehe, the
    bad with the good. My "before midnight" snack.

    I will update on my release. I understand it will be Sunday... I have beer in the fridge to make up
    for crazy laws. : )

    Thanks again,

    darsh

  16. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Sorry everyone that had to read about my "perirectal abcess" and everything that went with it.
    >
    > The good news is, I never had a perirectal abcess. That is a wonderful thing for me to know. When
    > they spoke about possible debris in my rectum, my mouth would always fill with bile... then my
    > mind would wander as to why. Even the doctor was sceptical just because it wasn't real close to
    > my anus.
    >
    > Generally, sick people get perirectal abcesses..... Like little kids, and folks with Chron's
    > disease.... shudder
    >

    > The bad news, it is something else. The tests are in, now I wait until tomorrow for the call as to
    > a surgery time on Friday morning.
    >

    > darsh

    "Why?" is the big one we'll probably never know in this life. You've shown that you've got the
    stones, the cajones, the moxie, and the strength of heart and attitude to pull through this bad hand
    dealt to you, too. I've been under the knife 5 times, (only twice was really life-threatening) and
    its quite an exciting process if you look at it like you did when you rode Mount Elbert (sp?) or
    conquered some other major challenge. You're not down unless you quit. You just keep fighting, even
    if its from a hospital bed with tubes stuck in undignified places. Don't let em get to you. Ever
    hear of Victor Frankel? Quite the dude.

    So here's to good drugs, cute nurses, and a quick recovery <Salud!>

    Paladin Let us know if you want old recycled ride reports reposted to help you sleep at nights, ok?

  17. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks all.
    >
    > It is touching to see the thoughts typed out. I feel fine. This is
    really
    > nothing. My doctor is qualified. I am very pleased about some things at this point.
    >
    > Kathleen is right I hope. Even though this "lump" was going on for a few months (noticed) before
    > my infection(s), I believe that it will be funny
    in
    > the end.

    So to speak :)

    Bill "best of luck, Darshman" S.