Crazy freestyl.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Worminton, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Worminton

    Worminton Guest

    Ok I'm a street rider (and proud of it) and I might be thinking of doing
    freestyle. So tell me how you do those crazy tricks.

    Especially the one where you jump from seat to wheel.

    --
    Worminton - Owner of a new Chromatic Harmonica

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    The Queen City Harmonica Club is looking for gigs.
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    We actually use a complex system of mirrors, wires, and pulleys to pull
    off the tricks. All those freestyle moves are actually impossible.

    But if you think you might be able to do it, despite it's impossibility,
    try this:
    PRACTICE

    --
    James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

    -If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
    pizza, for it is, wicked."-
    --Thedan

  3. Worminton

    Worminton Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *We actually use a complex system of mirrors, wires, and pulleys to
    > pull off the tricks.
    > PRACTICE *

    Or those stuff expensive cause i have a small budget when it comes to my
    unis:D

    --
    Worminton - Owner of a new Chromatic Harmonica

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    The Queen City Harmonica Club is looking for gigs.
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

  4. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    James_Potter wrote:
    > *We actually use a complex system of mirrors, wires, and pulleys to
    > pull off the tricks. All those freestyle moves are actually
    > impossible.*

    That's why they're called tricks since it is all magic and illusion.
    :)

    When you can do the tricks without the mirrors, wires, and pulleys, then
    you call them skills. Serious riders don't practice tricks -- They
    practice skills. :D

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

  5. Ken Cline

    Ken Cline Guest

    "James_Potter" <[email protected]> writes:

    > We actually use a complex system of mirrors, wires, and pulleys to pull
    > off the tricks. All those freestyle moves are actually impossible.

    Damn! I had assumed those freestyle tricks where due to quantum
    mechanical tunneling, with every accomplished freestyle rider's motion
    inescapably linked with that of a complete klutz in an alternate
    universe. And to think it's just wirework and mirrors...

    Ken

  6. doofe

    doofe Guest

    well, we do it thru a really complex way of thinking. practice,
    practice, practice, practice, and when your thru doing that, practice
    more!!! thats the ONLY way to learn. you could know exactly how to do
    it, but you probably arent going to get it the first few times,
    especially when you get into the harder stuff. practice everyday, for as
    long as you can. then do that everyday. youll get good at it.

    --
    doofe - I put the "F U!" in FUn!

    Death Metal + Punk + Hardcore + Funky facial hair + One wheel = Doofe
    doofe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4335