Crazy London Drivers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Garykerr4, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Garykerr4

    Garykerr4 Guest

    I used to ride to Central London every day now however I work closer to home, Thankfully! However I
    am on a course in Central London this week and decided to get the panniers out and ride up there.
    It's amazing how easily you forget what its like. I only had about 3 close shaves today, but live to
    tell the tale. I for one am quite happy about the congestion charge, for my own selfish reasons.

    Gary

    Tags:

  2. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "garykerr4" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I used to ride to Central London every day now however I work closer to home, Thankfully! However
    > I am on a course in Central London this week and decided to get
    the
    > panniers out and ride up there. It's amazing how easily you forget what
    its
    > like. I only had about 3 close shaves today, but live to tell the tale. I for one am quite happy
    > about the congestion charge, for my own selfish reasons.
    >
    > Gary

    Not selfish - for the good of London.

  3. "garykerr4" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I used to ride to Central London every day now however I work closer to home, Thankfully! However
    > I am on a course in Central London this week and decided to get the panniers out and ride up
    > there. It's amazing how easily you forget what its like. I only had about 3 close shaves today,
    > but live to tell the tale. I for one am quite happy about the congestion charge, for my own
    > selfish reasons.
    >
    > Gary

    Close shaves are all relative. If you resume cycling in London it will all come flooding back.
    You'll start measuring things using a "man's ruler" - you know, 6 inches in real life equals 18
    inches using the "man's ruler". Very useful things, "man's rulers".

    SteveP

  4. Huw Lynes

    Huw Lynes Guest

    On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:41:02 +0000 (UTC) "garykerr4" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I used to ride to Central London every day now however I work closer to home, Thankfully! However
    > I am on a course in Central London this week and decided to get the panniers out and ride up
    > there. It's amazing how easily you forget what its like. I only had about 3 close shaves today,
    > but live to tell the tale. I for one am quite happy about the congestion charge, for my own
    > selfish reasons.

    It seems to be particularly intense at the moment, which might be a product of having two tube lines
    out of action.

    --
    | Huw Lynes | The Moving Picture Company |
    | System Administrator | 127 Wardour Street |

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    stephen pridgeon wrote:

    > Close shaves are all relative. If you resume cycling in London it will all come flooding back.
    > You'll start measuring things using a "man's ruler" - you know, 6 inches in real life equals 18
    > inches using the "man's ruler". Very useful things, "man's rulers".

    Cue old joke about why women can't park cars....

    --
    Guy
    ===