Crazy new contraption at Kew crits tomorrow

monsterman said:
PHP:
PHP:

Beep beep beep - ***Warning*** - Syruppy kodak moment follows::D :D

Hey Warrywch - no big stick noticed or even sensed as cocked behind your back:D for reasons that I won't bore anyone with, I'm quite proud of my track record on working with indigenous aussies and others, and I can zealously leap when prodded. Kiss / hug.:D Back to my lair ........

sweet MM :D Hope the kodak was digital so we can remove the redeye later :p

cfsmtb said:
Ahhhh, {{{{a.b group hug}}}} :eek:

Or maybe not.

There's a tantie progressing on another thread regarding a L'una.....

hmmm L'unas an all together different matter GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

monsterman wrote:
> I have showed the site to some of my work
> colleagues including a PNG national, a german persian (charming but
> mixed up guy :D ), and a chinese and no-one was offended by anything,
> even when I pointed out what has apparently offended some.

Just to clarify, I wasn't personally offended, but...

I have met many people from overseas who have had a misconception that
Australia is a place where a fortunate class of "white" people get
wealthy from things like gold mines, fisheries etc, which are all based
on the labour of aboriginals, islanders, imported asian labour etc.
Much like the preconception that I might have of say South Africa, or
Dubai (having not been to either place).

In that context, the subject image certainly could reinforce such a
misconception, and possibly for many such people cast Australia as an
unattractive place to travel, or the business in question as
exploitative and distasteful, in the same way that would not feel
comfortable as a "rich foreigner" in another country travelling by
rickshaw pulled by someone who was exploited "cheap labour".

Cheers
David M

These seem to be everywhere here!

Spotted in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam and Berlin

(Dutchy's been on a blitzkrieg!!!)

1deg, snow, beer'o'clock!

warrwych wrote:
> flyingdutch Wrote:
> > The lads who race regularly are already looking to start a 'CabRace'
> > around the Kew course :D:D:D
> >
> > Could be the perfect handicapping system.
> > The stronger you are, the bigger the passenger/s you get...

> Can't wait to see them take the hairpin in one of those :D
>
> And perfect role for Bleve - as passenger!!!! Coaching from the
> backseat hehehe :D :D

hell of a handicap, lugging my lazy carcas up the hill :)

David M said:
snippo.....

I have met many people from overseas who have had a misconception that
Australia is a place where a fortunate class of "white" people get
wealthy from things like gold mines, fisheries etc, which are all based
on the labour of aboriginals, islanders, imported asian labour etc.David M
obviously the same ones who believe Australia has kangaroos on every urban street, that we get shark attacks in the bath tub and all our snakes sleep under our pillows every night.....(hmmmm)...oh yeah, and dubbya is our best pal..

but the cabs are a great idea for Melb. and who gives a rat's fig about the colour of the rider/driver or passengers in any promo literature/collateral....
Chris has a great venture in mind, a cool opportunity for riders to earn a decent income and add colour to the city ( pun intended)

ptui I say...it may be 1:19am...but it's beer-o'clock somewhere in the world so stand back ....hook flip pop fizz slurp ahhhhhhhhh

rooman said:
obviously the same ones who believe Australia has kangaroos on every urban street, that we get shark attacks in the bath tub and all our snakes sleep under our pillows every night.....(hmmmm)...oh yeah, and dubbya is our best pal..

You should warn people about dropbear attacks, it's a very serious problem.