Creaking seat

martP7

Apr 12, 2011
The seat on my MTB has developed an annoying creaking noise. Have tightened it, sprayed it with GT40 and even swapped it with my spare seat. Any ideas amongst you lot? Could it be my seat post? ;-(

If it does it with a different seat, I would look close at the post and check the frame for cracks.

I had the same thing, my seat seemed to creak when i put pressure on my pedals, (uphill, accelerating etc). I took it to my LBS and the guy there who is ace tried my bike out in the car park and said it could be my seat post, he took it out and oiled it re-positioned it and it WORKED. I'm very particular about creaks, squeaks and clicks and my version of hell was a clicky pedal all the way to skeggy from Nottingham. It sorted it and now i ride creak free.
WHUPP

Cheers for that.......... will head into my garage now and try the same cure. Creaking on long runs is starting to get to me !!

Thanks for the advice!!! I may try it on my bike. I thought it was the left pedal as it only does it when pressing hard on the left pedal but I suppose it could be the seat post.