Creaking seatpost : the drastic solution

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Peter R ., Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

    Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel frame
    for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.

    Peter 'Tempted' R.

    Tags:

  2. "Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel
    > frame for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.
    >
    > Peter 'Tempted' R.

    Take the epic there so sweet

    Al

    > Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel
    > frame for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.
    >
    > Peter 'Tempted' R.

    No you have to be lying, deals that good just don't get offered :)
    --
    _________________________

  4. Peter R. wrote:
    > Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel
    > frame for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.
    >
    > Peter 'Tempted' R.

    Epic sounds damn good... I wouldn't buy one straight off, but then again, I wouldn't buy a scalpel
    either. If I had to chose between the two, it'd be the epic, hands down.

    You will have to get a new fork, headset, and stem though, and if you had a lefty, a new front hub.
    Some things to think about.

    Jon Bond

  5. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

    On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:13:06 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Peter R. wrote:
    >> Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel
    >> frame for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.
    >>
    >> Peter 'Tempted' R.
    >>

    >Epic sounds damn good... I wouldn't buy one straight off, but then again, I wouldn't buy a scalpel
    >either. If I had to chose between the two, it'd be the epic, hands down.
    >
    >You will have to get a new fork, headset, and stem though, and if you had a lefty, a new front hub.
    >Some things to think about.
    >
    >Jon Bond

    They're throwing in the fork and the headset, Jon, and I have regular Chris King hubs. Now I really
    like the look of these Epic things, but honestly, most people don't have a clue about how good a
    scalpel really is.

    Peter R.

  6. Peter R. wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:13:06 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Peter R. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Called the LBS. They're giving me a new frame next week. They even offered to swap the Scalpel
    >>>frame for an S-Works Epic. Now there's a thought.
    >>>
    >>>Peter 'Tempted' R.
    >>>

    >>Epic sounds damn good... I wouldn't buy one straight off, but then again, I wouldn't buy a scalpel
    >>either. If I had to chose between the two, it'd be the epic, hands down.
    >>
    >>You will have to get a new fork, headset, and stem though, and if you had a lefty, a new front
    >>hub. Some things to think about.
    >>
    >>Jon Bond
    >

    > They're throwing in the fork and the headset, Jon, and I have regular Chris King hubs. Now I
    > really like the look of these Epic things, but honestly, most people don't have a clue about how
    > good a scalpel really is.
    >
    > Peter R.

    They are pretty sweet bikes - just not the kind of bike I'd personally buy. I test rode one in my
    search for my new FS frame, and decided it was too race oriented for me. Yes, I'm going to race, but
    I also want a bike I can bash around a bit. Maybe a bit of Urban (light urban, I suck!), lots and
    lots and lots of rocky, rooty trailriding, and then some racing thrown in on the side. If its a
    smooth course, I'll just use my hardtail, no problem. If I could have four bikes, they'd be: Road
    Bike Medium travel FS trail bike Superlight racing hardtail Short travel racing FS

    Although the hardtail might be replaced by a singlespeed ;)

    Then again, I don't have infinite funds, so I need a bike that can handle racing, but also some
    abuse. Yeah, the scalpel can take some, but its designed to take XC race stresses, not trail
    riding stresses.

    Good deal if they give you a new fork and headset too, I'd jump on that sucker.

    Jon Bond