Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mr Libido Incognito, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp

    6 tbsp butter
    1 cup whipping cream
    1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
    cardboard round tube container.)
    pinch of nutmeg
    sprinkling of fresh parsley
    small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
    garlic to taste.

    First off put on a large pot of water to boil over high heat. For cooking
    the pasta.

    In a little oil pan fry some tiger shrimp and thin garlic slices...till
    they turn red. Remove from pan and reserve. Wipe out the pan.

    When you put the pasta in the boiling pot of water...put in the pan the
    6tbsp butter to melt and add the cream and allow the mixture to simmer
    for a few moments. while the pasta finishes cooking.

    Drain your pasta & blend it with sauce (in which you've just added the
    cooked shrimp garlic mixture) and toss with the cheese, nutmeg and
    optional parsley.

    Pasta it works best with: narrow or medium ribbon types, oval strings,
    small filled pillows and shells.

    You can reduce the cheese and increase the butter and cream to get a
    thinner sauce or use 1/2 and 1/2 for the same effect.

    --
    -Alan

    Tags:

  2. limey

    limey Guest

    "Mr Libido Incognito" wrote >
    > Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp
    >
    > 6 tbsp butter
    > 1 cup whipping cream
    > 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
    > cardboard round tube container.)
    > pinch of nutmeg
    > sprinkling of fresh parsley
    > small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
    > garlic to taste.
    >
    > -Alan

    Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"? Eight
    ounces, or a pound, maybe?

    Dora

  3. I'm going to be doing shrimp and asparagus for Easter. :)
    Thanks for this recipe! I'm going to try it.

    Dad's feeling a bit better now but still only wanting broth and yogurt,
    not much solid food altho' he did have some scrambled eggs with cheese
    and crabmeat earlier today. <G>

    He finally consented to take a couple of pain pills so <duh!> is
    feeling a bit better now.

    Gottal love Ibuprofen <lol>

    Cheers!
    Om

    Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
    > Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp
    >
    > 6 tbsp butter
    > 1 cup whipping cream
    > 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
    > cardboard round tube container.)
    > pinch of nutmeg
    > sprinkling of fresh parsley
    > small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
    > garlic to taste.
    >
    > First off put on a large pot of water to boil over high heat. For cooking
    > the pasta.
    >
    > In a little oil pan fry some tiger shrimp and thin garlic slices...till
    > they turn red. Remove from pan and reserve. Wipe out the pan.
    >
    > When you put the pasta in the boiling pot of water...put in the pan the
    > 6tbsp butter to melt and add the cream and allow the mixture to simmer
    > for a few moments. while the pasta finishes cooking.
    >
    > Drain your pasta & blend it with sauce (in which you've just added the
    > cooked shrimp garlic mixture) and toss with the cheese, nutmeg and
    > optional parsley.
    >
    > Pasta it works best with: narrow or medium ribbon types, oval strings,
    > small filled pillows and shells.
    >
    > You can reduce the cheese and increase the butter and cream to get a
    > thinner sauce or use 1/2 and 1/2 for the same effect.
    >
    > --
    > -Alan

  4. Food Snob

    Food Snob Guest

    Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
    > Cream and Butter Sauce (aka Alfredo Sauce) with garlic shrimp
    >
    > 6 tbsp butter
    > 1 cup whipping cream
    > 1 cup parmesan cheese (fresh as you can find)(not that stuff in the
    > cardboard round tube container.)
    > pinch of nutmeg
    > sprinkling of fresh parsley
    > small bag of fresh or frozen tiger shrimps.
    > garlic to taste.

    I'd leave out the nutmeg, but that's a personal preference. This gets
    the Food Snob stamp of approval.

    > --
    > -Alan

    --Bryan

  5. limey wrote on 14 Apr 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"?
    > Eight ounces, or a pound, maybe?
    >
    > Dora

    I'm not sure...possibly 8 oz maybe 10 oz. They are the frozen tiger shrimp
    sold in most freezer sections...1 bag about the size of your hand....

    --
    -Alan

  6. limey

    limey Guest

    "Mr Libido Incognito" wrote

    > limey wrote >
    >> Alan, what is the approximate weight of the "small bag of shrimp"?
    >> Eight ounces, or a pound, maybe?
    >>
    >> Dora
    >>

    > I'm not sure...possibly 8 oz maybe 10 oz. They are the frozen tiger shrimp
    > sold in most freezer sections...1 bag about the size of your hand....
    >
    > -Alan

    Thanks, Alan. Shrimp here are either sold loose (fresh or cooked) or frozen
    in two-pound bags. Eight ounces sounded about right as I read the recipe.
    Your recipe sounds really good.

    Dora