Creamed a SK8R today.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Grolch, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. Grolch

    Grolch Guest

    Ripping down my favourite bike trail about 3 meters wide. I'm all the way to
    the right, where I'm supposed to be doing about 28k. Some skate boarders are
    coming up towards me in the middle, ish part of the trail. Just before one
    passes by he swerves a bit, looses balance and dives straight for my bike,
    er, trike. He got some nasty gashes on his arms and one hand. He was pissed
    and about to attack me until he suddenly realised he left bits of skin and
    stuff hanging off of my wheel and fender stay,ewwww, skater skin. Don't
    worry I rinsed it off. Poor guy though, I walked him over to the Firehall
    not 50meters from where we crashed. His board and the path were really
    spattered. shook me up.

    Tags:

  2. Grolch wrote:
    > Ripping down my favourite bike trail about 3 meters wide. I'm all the way to
    > the right, where I'm supposed to be doing about 28k. Some skate boarders are
    > coming up towards me in the middle, ish part of the trail. Just before one
    > passes by he swerves a bit, looses balance and dives straight for my bike,
    > er, trike. He got some nasty gashes on his arms and one hand. He was pissed
    > and about to attack me until he suddenly realised he left bits of skin and
    > stuff hanging off of my wheel and fender stay,ewwww, skater skin. Don't
    > worry I rinsed it off. Poor guy though, I walked him over to the Firehall
    > not 50meters from where we crashed. His board and the path were really
    > spattered. shook me up.

    Some ideas for building fairings for your trike to help with this
    problem in the future:
    <http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/>.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

  3. Hull 697

    Hull 697 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2005
    I seem to recall the Romans mounted scythe blades on chariot wheels. Wouldn't that work better for taking SK8R's off your bike trails? Off hand I do not know of a location for acquiring scythe blades, you'd probably have to make them.

  4. Grolch

    Grolch Guest

    "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Grolch wrote:
    >> Ripping down my favourite bike trail about 3 meters wide. I'm all the way
    >> the right, where I'm supposed to be doing about 28k. Some skate boarders
    >> are
    >> coming up towards me in the middle, ish part of the trail. Just before
    >> one
    >> passes by he swerves a bit, looses balance and dives straight for my
    >> bike,
    >> er, trike. He got some nasty gashes on his arms and one hand. He was
    >> pissed
    >> and about to attack me until he suddenly realised he left bits of skin
    >> and
    >> stuff hanging off of my wheel and fender stay,ewwww, skater skin. Don't
    >> worry I rinsed it off. Poor guy though, I walked him over to the Firehall
    >> not 50meters from where we crashed. His board and the path were really
    >> spattered. shook me up.

    > Some ideas for building fairings for your trike to help with this
    > problem in the future:
    > <http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/>.
    >
    > --
    > Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

    Wow, Joe's got it bad. Good laugh at some of the contraptions though. Will a
    fairing really make my rides better? I live in hilly terrain and weight
    really counts.

  5. Grolch wrote:
    > "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Grolch wrote:
    > >> Ripping down my favourite bike trail about 3 meters wide. I'm all the way
    > >> the right, where I'm supposed to be doing about 28k. Some skate boarders
    > >> are
    > >> coming up towards me in the middle, ish part of the trail. Just before
    > >> one
    > >> passes by he swerves a bit, looses balance and dives straight for my
    > >> bike,
    > >> er, trike. He got some nasty gashes on his arms and one hand. He was
    > >> pissed
    > >> and about to attack me until he suddenly realised he left bits of skin
    > >> and
    > >> stuff hanging off of my wheel and fender stay,ewwww, skater skin. Don't
    > >> worry I rinsed it off. Poor guy though, I walked him over to the Firehall
    > >> not 50meters from where we crashed. His board and the path were really
    > >> spattered. shook me up.

    > > Some ideas for building fairings for your trike to help with this
    > > problem in the future:
    > > <http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/>.
    > >

    > Wow, Joe's got it bad. Good laugh at some of the contraptions though. Will a
    > fairing really make my rides better? I live in hilly terrain and weight
    > really counts.

    Watch the bike versus garbage can video clips again, and imagine the
    garbage cans being skateboarders. ;)

    --
    Tom Sherman - Here, not there.