Create a custom jersey?

dauphin

Aug 28, 2004
Has anyone here ever had a custom cycling jersey created either personally or for a club? I was thinking that a jersey that featured my business would be great advertising that I could wear and even sell for a profit. If anyone knows of a company or companies that do such work I would love to check them out.

Our local cycle club has done this for years. George Hincapie has his clothing company here in South Carolina, and they do the jersey, and put our art work on in.

George's web site

dauphin said:
Has anyone here ever had a custom cycling jersey created either personally or for a club? I was thinking that a jersey that featured my business would be great advertising that I could wear and even sell for a profit. If anyone knows of a company or companies that do such work I would love to check them out.

Try Google, or your favorite search engine.

There seem to be several good responses on Google (some that I have heard about on this or other forums) when searching for:

custom cycling jerseys

:D

I think it is a cool idea... Even cooler if you sponsor a team, event or club instead of charging people to wear your advertising without giving back to the community. ;)

I do not do any handling with creating our team jerseys but they are made by Louis Garneau. It seems to take a bit of awhile to get them in, but they look great.

Note: we probably order 100 jerseys so that may be why they take a little while to get in.

Voler, Verge and CustomSublimation.com will all do full custom or semi-custom jerseys. Full custom gets a bit expensive and most of the time requires a minimum order 5 - 10 jerseys. Semi-custom is a bit more cost effective and you can order as few as one jersey.

I have used all of the above companies for different jerseys. I tend to like the Verge jerseys a bit better but they have a very limited selection for semi-custom jerseys. CustomSublimation.com had excellent customer service and has a ton of semi-custom jerseys. Voler has nice jerseys and a good selection of semi-custom templates.

In case you didn't know... you design a full custom jersey from the ground up. This takes some design skills as well as some graphics software skills - unless you want to pay extra for the use of a house designer from one of the jersey companies. A semi-custom jersey is much easier to do and basically you choose a template jersey and you have an 8x11 area on the front and back where you add your company logo or other design elements.

Links:
www.vergesport.com
http://www.velowearcustom.com/live_overview.asp
http://www.customsublimation.com/index.asp?btnSubmit=CustomDesign

Here in Australia there is a company called Body Torque, they did one for the company I work for. One of our guys designed the strip with heavy input from our marketing and brand people, to ensure correct design.
Submitted it to Body Torque who adapted our design to one of their templates, then they returned it to us for final approval.
We paid a one-off tooling cost of about $A600.
The Bib knicks and jersey are very very good quality, almost like Nalini but not quite as good as Assos. Naturally the knicks must be washed by hand or on "delicates" in the machine or they will stretch.
They are very well made. Only downside was 6 week delivery (for 10 complete sets) became 11 weeks. But they gave us a discount of $30 per set as a sweetener.

"I think it is a cool idea... Even cooler if you sponsor a team, event or club instead of charging people to wear your advertising without giving back to the community."

Excuse me? You think a business owner needs to "give back" to the community? Here is someone who has put everything on the line to better himself and his family, is producing products and services that that people will buy, producing jobs and paying taxes. But he is just a "taker" is that it? Do you ever ask the welfare recipients of your town to "give something back"? :mad:
If every person in your town who is on the dole moved away, the "community" would barely notice. Think what it would be like if every business in your town moved away.
Give back indeed!

try velocespeedwear.com they don't have any minimums so you can order 1 or 2 jerseys

dauphin said:

Hi Everyone,

We actually provide full custom cycling jerseys and shorts for clubs, shops, organized events, and teams. We have very reasonable pricing, short turnaround, and outstanding quality materials and artwork. Please visit us online at shiftcyclewear.com or call us anytime at 801-477-0263.

Thanks and regards,

Curtis
[email protected]

Reactions: Born2bWild