creative uses for bicycle tools

Luigi De Guzman

Guest
...so I was cooking dinner the other night. Student cooking, ergo cheap & nasty implements. am
somewhat dismayed when, as i'm cooking, the saucepan I'm using separates from its handle. Bugger.

Time to think quick. look down, notice that it's because the handle has unscrewed from wherever
it needed to go. I need a screwdriver that'll fit in the spot. and fast, before I ruin the sauce
i'm making.

Dash into my room. luckily, my bike tools are quick at hand. Grab my Park MT-1: a little bar of
steel which appens to have 5 allen heads, a flat screwdriver (works with big philipps ones too) and
3 hex box head wrenches. Usually it's great for tightening the odd bolt on the bike, or holding a
nut while I use something else to tighten a bolt. Dash into the kitchen. Screw on the handle to the
saucepan. Continue cooking.

Dinner was yummy.

=-Luigi

>Luigi de Guzman) wrote:

>..so I was cooking dinner the other night. Student cooking, ergo cheap & nasty implements. am
>somewhat dismayed when, as i'm cooking, the saucepan I'm using separates from its handle. Bugger.
>

>Dinner was yummy

So what was for dinner?

Jim

[email protected] (Jpfler) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >Luigi de Guzman) wrote:
>

> >..so I was cooking dinner the other night. Student cooking, ergo cheap & nasty implements. am
> >somewhat dismayed when, as i'm cooking, the saucepan I'm using separates from its handle. Bugger.
> >

> >Dinner was yummy
>
> So what was for dinner?

nothing fancy; bit of pasta (that pan was still ok, though)& a bodged-up bolognese. Student cooking,
remember? the really yummy stuff I do on occasion, on weekends.

-Luigi