Creep.

Fredzep

Guest
I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were on
a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up
the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off
limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road I've come
across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders false
information just to louse them up. What a creep.

Fredzep

"Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
> stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
> on a hiking-only trail in
> rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
didn't
> seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up the
> hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
> tried to find another way but
was
> not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
> them that it was legal. In my second season riding
off
> road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
> riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>
> Fredzep

Information is power ... I always know how legal I am. If any hikers (or anyone else for that
matter) tries to tell me different I'll know ... and if they try to KEEP me from going where I
legally can, then I gently (chya right) tell then that unlawful detainment is a felony crime.

C.Q.C.

> the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
was
> not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
> them that it was legal. In my second season riding
off
> road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
> riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>
> Fredzep

He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you react if you found
equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there will be trails
enough for all. =)

-John Morgan

Fredzep wrote:

> I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
> stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
> on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
> didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road
> up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The
> guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was
> off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road
> I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders
> false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>
> Fredzep

Another confirmed siting of the Vandemaniac.

Paladin

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:AQCwb.7384$9O5.3046@fed1read06...
> > the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
> was
> > Fredzep
>
> He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would
you
> react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there
> will be trails enough for all. =)
>
> -John Morgan

The tone of the guy voice indicated otherwise, he sounded like a smart ass. Also, he did not correct
me or try to argue with me when I told the first rider he was in the right. I actually intervened
because I thought it would get ugly.

Fredzep

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:AQCwb.7384$9O5.3046@fed1read06...
> > the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
> was
> > not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits.
> > assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding
> off
> > road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
> > riders false information just to louse them up. What
> > creep.
> >
> > Fredzep
>
> He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would
you
> react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there
> will be trails enough for all. =)
>
> -John Morgan

(I'm resending this because it didn't show up on server,sorry if it went through already.) The tone

John Morgan wrote:
>>the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
>
> was
>
>>not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
>>them that it was legal. In my second season riding
>
> off
>
>>road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
>>riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>>
>>Fredzep
>

> He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you react if you found
> equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there will be trails
> enough for all. =)
>
> -John Morgan

I am with you on this one, I would have just said 'thanks' and been on my way.

--
Jerry [email protected] remove the nospam and the period to email me.

"Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
> stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
> on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
> didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road
> up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The
> guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was
> off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road
> I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders
> false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>
> Fredzep

Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.

JD

"Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
> stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
> on a hiking-only trail in
> rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
didn't
> seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up the
> hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
> tried to find another way but
was
> not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
> them that it was legal. In my second season riding
off
> road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
> riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
>
> Fredzep

come up to canada.. im my area there are no "illegal" trails.. jus trails that people use for what
they want.

dave

> "Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
> > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
> > on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit
> > but didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend
> > road up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to
> > mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he
> > thought was off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season
> > riding off road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to
> > give these riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
> >
> > Fredzep
>
> Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.
>
> JD

Once again, Mr. Trail Advocacy portraying a shinning example of mountain bikers.

"Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.
> >
> > Once again, Mr. Trail Advocacy portraying a shinning example of mountain
> bikers.
>
> I hope you spell more carefully in your personal ads soliciting spankees.
>
> Bill "never know WHAT you'll get" S.

Bart - Shinning? Don't you mean 'shining'?

***** - Shhh! You want to get sued?!?

Sorry, it's an unbreakable habit.

Chris