Creep.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Fredzep, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were on
    a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
    didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up
    the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
    tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off
    limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road I've come
    across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders false
    information just to louse them up. What a creep.

    Fredzep

    Tags:

  2. Q.

    Q. Guest

    "Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
    > on a hiking-only trail in
    > rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
    didn't
    > seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up the
    > hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
    > tried to find another way but
    was
    > not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
    > them that it was legal. In my second season riding
    off
    > road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
    > riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >
    > Fredzep

    Information is power ... I always know how legal I am. If any hikers (or anyone else for that
    matter) tries to tell me different I'll know ... and if they try to KEEP me from going where I
    legally can, then I gently (chya right) tell then that unlawful detainment is a felony crime.

    C.Q.C.

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
    was
    > not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
    > them that it was legal. In my second season riding
    off
    > road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
    > riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >
    > Fredzep

    He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you react if you found
    equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there will be trails
    enough for all. =)

    -John Morgan

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Fredzep wrote:

    > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
    > on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
    > didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road
    > up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The
    > guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was
    > off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road
    > I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders
    > false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >
    > Fredzep

    Another confirmed siting of the Vandemaniac.

    Paladin

  5. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
    > was
    > > Fredzep
    >
    > He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would
    you
    > react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there
    > will be trails enough for all. =)
    >
    > -John Morgan

    The tone of the guy voice indicated otherwise, he sounded like a smart ass. Also, he did not correct
    me or try to argue with me when I told the first rider he was in the right. I actually intervened
    because I thought it would get ugly.

    Fredzep

  6. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
    > was
    > > not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits.
    > > assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding
    > off
    > > road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
    > > riders false information just to louse them up. What
    > > creep.
    > >
    > > Fredzep
    >
    > He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would
    you
    > react if you found equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there
    > will be trails enough for all. =)
    >
    > -John Morgan

    (I'm resending this because it didn't show up on server,sorry if it went through already.) The tone
    of the guy voice indicated otherwise, he sounded like a smart ass. Also, he did not correct me or
    try to argue with me when I told the first rider he was in the right. I actually intervened because
    I thought it would get ugly.

    Fredzep

  7. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Another confirmed siting of the Vandemaniac.
    >

    > Paladin

    I thought of that but was afraid to mention that name.

    Fredzep

  8. Mtb Lover

    Mtb Lover Guest

    John Morgan wrote:
    >>the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but
    >
    > was
    >
    >>not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
    >>them that it was legal. In my second season riding
    >
    > off
    >
    >>road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
    >>riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >>
    >>Fredzep
    >

    > He may have been rude, but it sounds like an honest mistake. How would you react if you found
    > equestrians on a trail that you thought was prohibited? Find your Zen and there will be trails
    > enough for all. =)
    >
    > -John Morgan

    I am with you on this one, I would have just said 'thanks' and been on my way.

    --
    Jerry [email protected] remove the nospam and the period to email me.

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
    > on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
    > didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road
    > up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The
    > guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was
    > off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season riding off road
    > I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these riders
    > false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >
    > Fredzep

    Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.

    JD

  10. Dave Adnum

    Dave Adnum Guest

    "Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
    > on a hiking-only trail in
    > rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit but
    didn't
    > seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend road up the
    > hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to mtb's. The guy
    > tried to find another way but
    was
    > not sure of one so he came up the trail that he thought was off limits. I assurred the both of
    > them that it was legal. In my second season riding
    off
    > road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to give these
    > riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    >
    > Fredzep

    come up to canada.. im my area there are no "illegal" trails.. jus trails that people use for what
    they want.

    dave

  11. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    > "Fredzep" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I was bringing up the rear on a climb of a rider when we came across a hiker. The leading rider
    > > stopped to ask the hiker if he saw his buddy and the hiker starts telling the rider that we were
    > > on a hiking-only trail in a rude manner. The guy on the bike started to lose his temper a bit
    > > but didn't seem to know he was on a legal trail so I stopped and told him. Just then his friend
    > > road up the hill and was cursing the hiker out for telling him the trail was off limits to
    > > mtb's. The guy tried to find another way but was not sure of one so he came up the trail that he
    > > thought was off limits. I assurred the both of them that it was legal. In my second season
    > > riding off road I've come across a few jerks but this guy(hiker) takes the cake. He tried to
    > > give these riders false information just to louse them up. What a creep.
    > >
    > > Fredzep
    >
    > Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.
    >
    > JD

    Once again, Mr. Trail Advocacy portraying a shinning example of mountain bikers.

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.
    >
    > Once again, Mr. Trail Advocacy portraying a shinning example of mountain
    bikers.

    I hope you spell more carefully in your personal ads soliciting spankees.

    Bill "never know WHAT you'll get" S.

  13. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Shoot him a bird and laugh at him the next time you see him.
    > >
    > > Once again, Mr. Trail Advocacy portraying a shinning example of mountain
    > bikers.
    >
    > I hope you spell more carefully in your personal ads soliciting spankees.
    >
    > Bill "never know WHAT you'll get" S.

    Bart - Shinning? Don't you mean 'shining'?

    Willy - Shhh! You want to get sued?!?

    Sorry, it's an unbreakable habit.

    Chris