Creepy Bayless

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jake, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Jake

    Jake Guest

    I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
    creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
    porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
    skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about this
    food -- almost as

    and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

    --
    JaKe, Seattle "Feeling is more important than technique" John "Bonzo" Bonham
     
    Tags:


  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    JaKe wrote:
    >
    > I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
    > creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
    > porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
    > skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
    > this food -- almost as

    > and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

    I didn't see that, but it's because I have always found him to be creepy.

    nancy
     
  3. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

    JaKe wrote:
    > The guy is smart and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

    Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his shit, but as creepy as Michael Jackson in
    an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.

    --
    John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]
     
  4. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    JaKe jkdrummer
    >
    >I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
    >creepy intro. I watched this and here's Rick in
    some bathrobe on his Chicago porch
    >reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. You could see his hairy chest
    and his nipple as his robe
    >draped open.

    Hmm, I never realized that gay males (not happy men) were turned on by titties and nipples

    >I mean the way he was talking about this food -- almost as


    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
    ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
     
  5. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-03, JaKe <[email protected]> wrote:

    > and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

    Lately? I think he's always been a bit creepy! What's with that bizarre delivery of his, talking to
    the audience in that wheedling affected voice? I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS
    capable of talking just like a normal human being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the
    kids from the short bus.

    But, I certainly can't fault his recipes. I made his mole once and it was excellent.

    nb
     
  6. -L.

    -L. Guest

    JaKe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
    > creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
    > porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
    > skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
    > this food -- almost as

    > and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

    Actually I have met the guy a couple of times and he is quite personable and completely down to
    Earth. I think a lot of what he does on TV is schtick.

    -L.
     
  7. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

    > JaKe jkdrummer
    > >
    > >I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had
    > >a creepy intro. I watched this and here's Rick in
    > some bathrobe on his Chicago porch
    > >reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. You could see his hairy chest
    > and his nipple as his robe
    > >draped open.
    >
    > Hmm, I never realized that gay males (not happy men) were turned on by titties and nipples
    >
    > >I mean the way he was talking about this food -- almost as

    >

    >
    > Sheldon

    Only if you don't mash it and mix it with scrambled eggs I guess. <G> That is how I usually eat
    Chorizo. Add Jack cheese to that. MMMmmmmm!!!

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=katra
     
  8. Jake

    Jake Guest

    PENMART01 wrote:
    >

    >

    <PLONK>

    --
    JaKe, Seattle "Feeling is more important than technique" John "Bonzo" Bonham
     
  9. Robert Klute

    Robert Klute Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:26:06 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lately? I think he's always been a bit creepy! What's with that bizarre delivery of his, talking to
    >the audience in that wheedling affected voice? I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS
    >capable of talking just like a normal human being, not like some grade school teacher addressing
    >the kids from the short bus.

    Yeah, but his presentation skills are still way better than most, if not all, of the other chefs who
    were profiled on the Great Chefs series. I like him better than Jeremiah Tower, who brings new
    meaning to flat delivery.
     
  10. Jake

    Jake Guest

    notbob wrote:

    > I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS capable of talking just like a normal human
    > being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the kids from the short bus.

    LOL!

    --
    JaKe, Seattle "Feeling is more important than technique" John "Bonzo" Bonham
     
  11. John Gaughan wrote:
    > JaKe wrote:
    >
    >> The guy is smart and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.
    >
    >
    > Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his shit, but as creepy as Michael Jackson in
    > an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.
    >
    What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    concerned for your son's health.

    Don't judge a book by its cover.

    Rich

    --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.
     
  12. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    JaKe wrote:
    >
    > notbob wrote:
    >
    > > I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS capable of talking just like a normal human
    > > being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the kids from the short bus.
    >
    > LOL!

    That is SOOOOOOOOO Funny!!!! (laughing!) I only saw notbob's comment because of your reply, but it
    slayed me. Precisely why his voice just grates my teeth.

    nancy
     
  13. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Richard Periut wrote:
    >
    > John Gaughan wrote:

    > > Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his shit, but as creepy as Michael Jackson
    > > in an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.
    > >
    > What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    > concerned for your son's health.
    >
    > Don't judge a book by its cover.

    I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.

    nancy
     
  14. Nancy Young wrote:

    > Richard Periut wrote:
    >
    >>John Gaughan wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his shit, but as creepy as Michael Jackson
    >>>in an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.
    >>>
    >>
    >>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    >>concerned for your son's health.
    >>
    >>Don't judge a book by its cover.
    >
    >
    > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
    >
    > nancy

    Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?

    Rich

    --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.
     
  15. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Richard Periut wrote:
    >
    > Nancy Young wrote:

    > >>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    > >>concerned for your son's health.
    > >>
    > >>Don't judge a book by its cover.
    > >
    > >
    > > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
    > >
    > > nancy
    >
    > Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
    >
    > Rich

    I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
    examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid. Just a gut
    feeling that something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay
    attention to them.

    nancy
     
  16. Puester

    Puester Guest

    JaKe wrote:
    >
    > I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
    > creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
    > porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
    > skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
    > this food -- almost as

    > and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.
    >
    > --

    I didn't see the episode in question, but I've always thought he'd seem less strange if he shaved
    that stuff under his lip. The same with Mario. The one I think is really creepy is the Naked Chef
    guy, Jamie. Ick, ick, ick.

    gloria p
     
  17. On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:27:45 -0500,
    Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.

    Heh, depends on the person and the person's judgement, IMO. With some people, the only
    accurate gut feeling they get is indigestion. <g>

    Re: Bayless, I've only ever seen him on the Burger King commercial, so that's probably not
    the best sampling. I did think he sounded... odd.

    Ariane
     
  18. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Ariane Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:27:45 -0500, Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
    >
    > Heh, depends on the person and the person's judgement, IMO.

    For some odd reason you reminded me of two guys I used to work with. One was a genuine creep. The
    other was such a nice guy, I loved him. My buddy F R E D Fred.

    Well, the creepy guy always had a comment for the women in the group. One particularly dumb one
    actually went out to check her car because he told her her headlights were on. Hello, earth to
    Donna. Once, I was walking down a hallway and he said in front of another male coworker, Man, she is
    like Audrey Hepburn with a BOD! right in front of me. Okay, creepy old man.

    So, he'd look us all over, and here is the funny part. His eyes went in two directions. You never
    knew which eye to look at. I'm sorry right now for people who have that, but it is disconcerting. I
    say this because F R E D Fred said, I think women think he's creepy because they can't tell where
    he's looking.

    Hello, Fred, he's creepy because he's creepy.

    So of course it depends upon one's point of view (no pun intended). However, just because someone
    gives me the creeps is validation enough to me to stay away. I don't need anyone else to say if I'm
    right or wrong. Funny, first time I saw Clinton I swear to you I though, ugh, what a creep. Sleaze.
    Odd how his blue dressed girlfriend had a nickname for him: Creep.

    nancy
     
  19. Nancy Young wrote:
    > Richard Periut wrote:
    >
    >>Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    >>>>concerned for your son's health.
    >>>>
    >>>>Don't judge a book by its cover.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
    >>>
    >>>nancy
    >>
    >>Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
    >>
    >>Rich
    >
    >
    > I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
    > examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid.

    What I'm trying to say, is that the "creep", if he's a physician, because of his looks or gestures
    characterizng him as "creep", may be the one to diagnose your kid with a deadly disease in it's
    early stages, or something akin.

    Rich

    Just a gut feeling that
    > something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay attention to them.
    >
    > nancy

    --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.
     
  20. Vox Humana

    Vox Humana Guest

    "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Richard Periut wrote:
    > >
    > > Nancy Young wrote:
    >
    > > >>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
    > > >>concerned for your son's health.
    > > >>
    > > >>Don't judge a book by its cover.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or
    > > > bad.
    > > >
    > > > nancy
    > >
    > > Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
    > >
    > > Rich
    >
    > I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
    > examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid. Just a gut
    > feeling that something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay
    > attention to them.

    If someone seems creepy to you, then it is probably best to find another doctor. I say this not
    because there is likely to be an issue with the doctor, but because it will be an impediment in your
    relationship with the doctor. Creepy is relative. I find fundamentalist preachers creepy. I think
    that Dr. T. Barry Braselton is sort of creepy. I doubt that either example is likely to do anything
    inappropriate. Sometimes people seem creepy because we don't understand their culture or because of
    prejudices that we have learned. My assumption about the comment concerning the pediatrician is that
    the poster was insinuating that the doctor was gay and therefore was likely to molest the child.
    This is an example of bias that is false, but widely perpetuated. Therefore, while the poster might
    find the doctor creepy, there is no rational basis for the concern. The real problem, as I see it,
    is that the person walks away from the relationship labeling the doctor bad instead of walking away
    realizing that the fault lies within himself.
     
Loading...