Creepy Bayless

Jake

Guest
I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about this
food -- almost as

and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

--
JaKe, Seattle "Feeling is more important than technique" John "Bonzo" Bonham

JaKe wrote:

> I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
> creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
> porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
> skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
> this food -- almost as

> and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

I didn't see that, but it's because I have always found him to be creepy.

nancy

JaKe wrote:
> The guy is smart and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his ****, but as creepy as Michael Jackson in
an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

JaKe jkdrummer

>I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
>creepy intro. I watched this and here's Rick in
some bathrobe on his Chicago porch
>reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. You could see his hairy chest
and his nipple as his robe
>draped open.

Hmm, I never realized that gay males (not happy men) were turned on by titties and nipples

On 2004-02-03, JaKe <[email protected]> wrote:

> and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

Lately? I think he's always been a bit creepy! What's with that bizarre delivery of his, talking to
the audience in that wheedling affected voice? I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS
capable of talking just like a normal human being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the
kids from the short bus.

But, I certainly can't fault his recipes. I made his mole once and it was excellent.

nb

JaKe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
> creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
> porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
> skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
> this food -- almost as

> and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.

Actually I have met the guy a couple of times and he is quite personable and completely down to
Earth. I think a lot of what he does on TV is schtick.

-L.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

> JaKe jkdrummer
> >
> >I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had
> >a creepy intro. I watched this and here's Rick in
> some bathrobe on his Chicago porch
> >reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. You could see his hairy chest
> and his nipple as his robe
> >draped open.
>
> Hmm, I never realized that gay males (not happy men) were turned on by titties and nipples
>
> >I mean the way he was talking about this food -- almost as

> Sheldon

Only if you don't mash it and mix it with scrambled eggs I guess. <G> That is how I usually eat
Chorizo. Add Jack cheese to that. MMMmmmmm!!!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

PENMART01 wrote:

<PLONK>

--

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:26:06 GMT, notbob <[email protected]> wrote:

>Lately? I think he's always been a bit creepy! What's with that bizarre delivery of his, talking to
>the audience in that wheedling affected voice? I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS
>capable of talking just like a normal human being, not like some grade school teacher addressing
>the kids from the short bus.

Yeah, but his presentation skills are still way better than most, if not all, of the other chefs who
were profiled on the Great Chefs series. I like him better than Jeremiah Tower, who brings new
meaning to flat delivery.

notbob wrote:

> I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS capable of talking just like a normal human
> being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the kids from the short bus.

LOL!

--

John Gaughan wrote:
> JaKe wrote:
>
>> The guy is smart and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.
>

> Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his ****, but as creepy as Michael Jackson in
> an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.

What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
concerned for your son's health.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Rich

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.

JaKe wrote:

> notbob wrote:
>
> > I've heard him interviewed on the phone and he IS capable of talking just like a normal human
> > being, not like some grade school teacher addressing the kids from the short bus.
>
> LOL!

That is SOOOOOOOOO Funny!!!! (laughing!) I only saw notbob's comment because of your reply, but it
slayed me. Precisely why his voice just grates my teeth.

nancy

Richard Periut wrote:

> John Gaughan wrote:

> > Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his ****, but as creepy as Michael Jackson
> > in an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.
> >
> What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
> concerned for your son's health.
>
> Don't judge a book by its cover.

I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:

> Richard Periut wrote:
>
>>John Gaughan wrote:
>

>>>Just like my son's pediatrician -- smart M.D., knows his ****, but as creepy as Michael Jackson
>>>in an orphanage. Next time I will demand a different doctor.
>>>

>>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
>>concerned for your son's health.
>>
>>Don't judge a book by its cover.
>

> I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
>
> nancy

Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?

Richard Periut wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:

> >>What? And risk getting a friggin invertebrate in a jacket and tie? I guess you are not that
> >>concerned for your son's health.
> >>
> >>Don't judge a book by its cover.
> >

> > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
> >
> > nancy
>
> Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
>
> Rich

I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid. Just a gut
feeling that something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay
attention to them.

nancy

JaKe wrote:

> I used to like watching Rick Bayless's "Mexico: One Plate At a Time" but the last one we saw had a
> creepy intro. My wife and watched this together and here's Rick in some bathrobe on his Chicago
> porch reminiscing about the chorizo he had in Mexico. But he was gross, I mean you could see his
> skinny hairy chest and his nipple as his robe draped open. I mean the way he was talking about
> this food -- almost as

> and a great cook -- but I find him to be real creepy lately.
>
> --

I didn't see the episode in question, but I've always thought he'd seem less strange if he shaved
that stuff under his lip. The same with Mario. The one I think is really creepy is the Naked Chef
guy, Jamie. Ick, ick, ick.

gloria p

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:27:45 -0500,
Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote:

> I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.

Heh, depends on the person and the person's judgement, IMO. With some people, the only
accurate gut feeling they get is indigestion. <g>

Re: Bayless, I've only ever seen him on the Burger King commercial, so that's probably not
the best sampling. I did think he sounded... odd.

Ariane

Ariane Jenkins wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:27:45 -0500, Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
>
> Heh, depends on the person and the person's judgement, IMO.

For some odd reason you reminded me of two guys I used to work with. One was a genuine creep. The
other was such a nice guy, I loved him. My buddy F R E D Fred.

Well, the creepy guy always had a comment for the women in the group. One particularly dumb one
actually went out to check her car because he told her her headlights were on. Hello, earth to
Donna. Once, I was walking down a hallway and he said in front of another male coworker, Man, she is
like Audrey Hepburn with a BOD! right in front of me. Okay, creepy old man.

So, he'd look us all over, and here is the funny part. His eyes went in two directions. You never
knew which eye to look at. I'm sorry right now for people who have that, but it is disconcerting. I
say this because F R E D Fred said, I think women think he's creepy because they can't tell where
he's looking.

Hello, Fred, he's creepy because he's creepy.

So of course it depends upon one's point of view (no pun intended). However, just because someone
gives me the creeps is validation enough to me to stay away. I don't need anyone else to say if I'm
right or wrong. Funny, first time I saw Clinton I swear to you I though, ugh, what a creep. Sleaze.
Odd how his blue dressed girlfriend had a nickname for him: Creep.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:
> Richard Periut wrote:

>>>I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or bad.
>>>
>>>nancy
>>
>>Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
>>
>>Rich
>

> I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
> examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid.

What I'm trying to say, is that the "creep", if he's a physician, because of his looks or gestures
characterizng him as "creep", may be the one to diagnose your kid with a deadly disease in it's
early stages, or something akin.

Rich

Just a gut feeling that
> something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay attention to them.
>
> nancy

Dum spiro, spero. (Cicero) As long as I breathe, I hope.

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Richard Periut wrote:

> > > I disagree. I don't think gut feelings should be ignored. I mean that in both ways, good or
> > > bad.
> > >
> > > nancy
> >
> > Ah, but now one must get into the semantics of what creepy is?
> >
> > Rich
>
> I'm really not sure what you mean. At any rate, someone is creepy to me that I would not want
> examining me or kissing me or alone in an elevator with me. Or examining my kid. Just a gut
> feeling that something is not right. Everyone has those feelings, just depends how you pay
> attention to them.

If someone seems creepy to you, then it is probably best to find another doctor. I say this not
because there is likely to be an issue with the doctor, but because it will be an impediment in your
relationship with the doctor. Creepy is relative. I find fundamentalist preachers creepy. I think
that Dr. T. Barry Braselton is sort of creepy. I doubt that either example is likely to do anything
inappropriate. Sometimes people seem creepy because we don't understand their culture or because of
prejudices that we have learned. My assumption about the comment concerning the pediatrician is that
the poster was insinuating that the doctor was gay and therefore was likely to molest the child.
This is an example of bias that is false, but widely perpetuated. Therefore, while the poster might
find the doctor creepy, there is no rational basis for the concern. The real problem, as I see it,
is that the person walks away from the relationship labeling the doctor bad instead of walking away
realizing that the fault lies within himself.