Creepy Places On The Road.

Riverwood

Apr 3, 2015
Hello, everyone!

As you travel on bike across the world, plenty of weird things can happen. You need to be always ready if something’ll go wrong. Or even try to prevent troubles.

Here you can share your experience and knowledge with over people about places that nobody should visit at all: towns with high crime rates, dangerous places on the road.

Because, would be very tricky if you decide to stay in the town and then suddenly it will turn out that the place is actually a cult commune with freaks ready to kill you during some kind of mystic ritual or something.

+ Maybe there is someone who knows alternate routes.

So, please share your experience and ideas about being safety on the road.

Nice thread. ;) Welcome to the forums btw...

There is nothing creepier then fb - organized rides...

I was doing that for quite some time, but the people that go there are f@ckin creepy as f@ck once you get to know them.

Not all of them (I think), but there are lots of wackos there man.

There was a guy that wanted us to turn a ride into a funeral for a guy that died the other day around here... Talking about f@ckin creepy rides...

Small towns run by a bloodthirsty cult! :D You should definitely check "Wicker man". :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070917/

MV5BMTU2MzEzNjU4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc1NTYzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I mean, avoid sketchy locations where crime occurs regularly or the potential for a crime exists more so than other locations. You can always protect yourself with a firearm or even a pocket knife. Either way, you might want to avoid wooded areas if you're unfamiliar with them and a variety of other locations. I'm not that weirded out by most places, so I'll cycle wherever the road takes me.

If a path or road is bit creepy or spooky then I will ride or walk down it, but if I think i could potentially be in any real danger whatsoever then I will go another way. It is one thing to be spooked and like a good scare, it is another to be frightened and ignore the dangers that are in front of you.

gavinfree said:
I mean, avoid sketchy locations where crime occurs regularly or the potential for a crime exists more so than other locations. You can always protect yourself with a firearm or even a pocket knife. Either way, you might want to avoid wooded areas if you're unfamiliar with them and a variety of other locations. I'm not that weirded out by most places, so I'll cycle wherever the road takes me.
You must be American, we don't have the access to firearms here like that lol

The creepiest part for me is in the dark on single lane back roads near my house which is like forest Farming area

gavinfree said:
You must be American, we don't have the access to firearms here like that lol

The creepiest part for me is in the dark on single lane back roads near my house which is like forest Farming area

The bottom line is this. If you don't know the area and have never traveled it before, then it's best you stay out until you have scouted the area in a car with a friend.

You don't need to get shot by a gun to be considered a dangerous are. Road hazards, dogs, punks with sling shots. Anything can get you in a predicament. Even though you have the best intentions, that alone won't keep you safe.

I avoid riding in dangerous places like Washington DC, Camden NJ, Harlem, and all other gun free zones because those are the areas with the highest handgun murder rates. There are areas where there is crime and areas where there is no crime. I avoid the crime areas.

Potholes riding at night are best mitigated with wide tires...say 32mm. Not much to do about dogs other than learning how to deal with them. Punks with slingshots are a new one. In my state, merely possessing an unpermitted slingshot would carry a minimum 5 years in prison since they are in the same category as a handgun.....you need a permit to carry such a weapon. Pocket knives are also not allowed to be carried for protection or really anything like that unless you are a contractor or goin fishin or huntin

I like nothing better than riding a desolute country road at night where my only worry is deer at dusk