Crew member needed for Race Across America

ultrarob

Guest
I've had a couple people have to bail from my crew for RAAM for either
work reasons or health problems. The race is only a month away so this
is short notice but I really need to find a couple more people. If
you're available or know of someone who might be, please let me know.
Go to http://www.ultrarob.com or my blog at
http://ultrarob.blogspot.com to find more info. Thanks!

Basically the set up will be 2 crews of 3 and if I manage to get more
than 6 people we'll be able to have a couple people run errands or have
a chance to take turns getting extra rest. The problem right now is I'm
basically down to 5 with one more pretty sure that he's not going to be
allowed to take off work. My goal will to be riding about 20 hours a
day so the crew needs to be getting more sleep than me so they can
function as my brain and also not run over me when directly following.

During a shift there's 3 main responsiblities, the driver, the
navigator, and the food, supplement, and medication person. There will
be other tasks such as changing music, getting jackets, spraying water
to cool me off, fixing mechanical issues, etc.

I have a couple people driving a van to the start from Colorado and the
rest I'm flying. I'm having the crew arrive in Oceanside on June 9th.
I'm flying pretty much everyone home on June 24th. During the race I'm
paying for food and lodging so the crew really shouldn't have to pay
for much of anything.

www.ultrarob.com
blog: http://ultrarob.blogspot.com

"ultrarob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've had a couple people have to bail from my crew for RAAM for either
> work reasons or health problems. The race is only a month away so this
> is short notice but I really need to find a couple more people. If
> you're available or know of someone who might be, please let me know.
> Go to http://www.ultrarob.com or my blog at
> http://ultrarob.blogspot.com to find more info. Thanks!
>
> Basically the set up will be 2 crews of 3 and if I manage to get more
> than 6 people we'll be able to have a couple people run errands or have
> a chance to take turns getting extra rest. The problem right now is I'm
> basically down to 5 with one more pretty sure that he's not going to be
> allowed to take off work. My goal will to be riding about 20 hours a
> day so the crew needs to be getting more sleep than me so they can
> function as my brain and also not run over me when directly following.
>
> During a shift there's 3 main responsiblities, the driver, the
> navigator, and the food, supplement, and medication person. There will
> be other tasks such as changing music, getting jackets, spraying water
> to cool me off, fixing mechanical issues, etc.
>
> I have a couple people driving a van to the start from Colorado and the
> rest I'm flying. I'm having the crew arrive in Oceanside on June 9th.
> I'm flying pretty much everyone home on June 24th. During the race I'm
> paying for food and lodging so the crew really shouldn't have to pay
> for much of anything.
>
> www.ultrarob.com
> blog: http://ultrarob.blogspot.com

$$ to work for you?

"ultrarob" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1147669378.469709.111250
@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I've had a couple people have to bail from my crew for RAAM for either
> work reasons or health problems. The race is only a month away so this
> is short notice but I really need to find a couple more people. If
> you're available or know of someone who might be, please let me know.
> Go to http://www.ultrarob.com or my blog at
> http://ultrarob.blogspot.com to find more info. Thanks!
>
> Basically the set up will be 2 crews of 3 and if I manage to get more
> than 6 people we'll be able to have a couple people run errands or have
> a chance to take turns getting extra rest. The problem right now is I'm
> basically down to 5 with one more pretty sure that he's not going to be
> allowed to take off work. My goal will to be riding about 20 hours a
> day so the crew needs to be getting more sleep than me so they can
> function as my brain and also not run over me when directly following.
>
> During a shift there's 3 main responsiblities, the driver, the
> navigator, and the food, supplement, and medication person. There will
> be other tasks such as changing music, getting jackets, spraying water
> to cool me off, fixing mechanical issues, etc.
>
> I have a couple people driving a van to the start from Colorado and the
> rest I'm flying. I'm having the crew arrive in Oceanside on June 9th.
> I'm flying pretty much everyone home on June 24th. During the race I'm
> paying for food and lodging so the crew really shouldn't have to pay
> for much of anything.
>
> www.ultrarob.com
> blog: http://ultrarob.blogspot.com

I would help. This would be the coolest thing, but the timing doesn't
work for me. :(

--
---
William O'Hara

"ultrarob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've had a couple people have to bail from my crew for RAAM for either
> work reasons or health problems. The race is only a month away so this
> is short notice but I really need to find a couple more people. If
> you're available or know of someone who might be, please let me know.
> Go to http://www.ultrarob.com or my blog at
> http://ultrarob.blogspot.com to find more info. Thanks!

Callistus Valerius, here is you chance to step up.

> Callistus Valerius, here is you chance to step up.

I don't need any more crew.

You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
carried gear, etc. They're basically Sunday morning riders, the idea of
starting at 3 am on a Saturday morning and riding the whole weekend without
stopping is totally foreign to them.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
> drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
> didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
> carried gear, etc. They're basically Sunday morning riders, the idea of
> starting at 3 am on a Saturday morning and riding the whole weekend without
> stopping is totally foreign to them.

Ummm, I think you misread his post. He wants you to drive the van at 3
am and rub his feet. You know, be his *****.

To the OP - good luck with it.

I'd be interested in crewing for you- or, as someone said, being your
***** and rubbing your feet... well maybe INTERESTED is the wrong word,
but... helping you through RAAM sounds fun.

E-mail me if you're still looking for people- I'd like to talk to you
on the phone at least before I tell my wife to go visit her family for
two weeks- and I'm sure you'd like to find out a little bit about me,
aside from my pithy quote. Did I say pithy? Geez...

Paul

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
> drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
> didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
> carried gear, etc.

Dumbass -

I've ridden over the Andes and the Himalayas, self-supported. Bike was
150 lbs. when loaded w/ 5 gallons of water. Set up my own tent, cooked
my own meals, wiped my own ass.

No RVs and chase vehicles following me. No need for a crew to babysit.
No need for sleep deprivation. No ego-driven delusions of being
involved in some glorious athletic "event".

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni a écrit :
> Callistus Valerius wrote:
>
>> You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
>> drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
>> didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
>> carried gear, etc.
>>

> Dumbass -
>

> I've ridden over the Andes and the Himalayas, self-supported. Bike was
> 150 lbs. when loaded w/ 5 gallons of water. Set up my own tent, cooked
> my own meals, wiped my own ass.
>
> No RVs and chase vehicles following me. No need for a crew to babysit.
> No need for sleep deprivation. No ego-driven delusions of being
> involved in some glorious athletic "event".
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Well, aren't you the virtous one !

Sandy wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni a écrit :
> > Callistus Valerius wrote:
> >
> >> You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
> >> drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
> >> didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
> >> carried gear, etc.
> >>

> > Dumbass -
> >

> > I've ridden over the Andes and the Himalayas, self-supported. Bike was
> > 150 lbs. when loaded w/ 5 gallons of water. Set up my own tent, cooked
> > my own meals, wiped my own ass.
> >
> > No RVs and chase vehicles following me. No need for a crew to babysit.
> > No need for sleep deprivation. No ego-driven delusions of being
> > involved in some glorious athletic "event".
> >

> > thanks,
> >
> > K. Gringioni.
> >

> Well, aren't you the virtous one !

Dumbass -

Not quite as virtuous as if I had participated in the hardest race of
them all, FRed Across AMerica.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Sandy wrote:
> Well, aren't you the virtous one !

Well yes presumably he didn't get laid while he was doing the all of
the above (unless there were some yaks or llamas handy).

> I've ridden over the Andes and the Himalayas, self-supported. Bike was
> 150 lbs. when loaded w/ 5 gallons of water. Set up my own tent, cooked
> my own meals, wiped my own ass.
>
> No RVs and chase vehicles following me. No need for a crew to babysit.
> No need for sleep deprivation. No ego-driven delusions of being
> involved in some glorious athletic "event".
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

of course in training, we don't have chase vehicles either, we live off
the land so to speak. but it is good to see you've had a few pure cycling
experiences, unlike these others who weigh their new carbon fiber bottle
cages, and wonder how they look in their new Assos outfit.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> You won't find any raamsters in here. These folk do 80 mile rides,
>drafting 70 of them. They'd sh*t bricks if they rode a few centuries and
>didn't see another wheel to suck off of. They've never used lights, never
>carried gear, etc. They're basically Sunday morning riders, the idea of
>starting at 3 am on a Saturday morning and riding the whole weekend without
>stopping is totally foreign to them.

sleep deprivation is not a sport. If you wish to torture yourself, that's
your problem. Not everyone is a masochist.

If I had the time, I would offer to help the OP. I think it would be fun to
see the US driving across it.
Alex