Crikey!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

  2. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Gyp <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > > <croc-hunter> Just look a the jaws onher!Shed bite your hand clean off! oi, she's
    > > BEAUUuutifuful!!! </croc-hunter>
    > >
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle.jpg
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle_helmet.jpg
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle_ladies.jpg
    > >

    > Look Soup!!!
    >
    > Gyp
    >
    > <Chuckle>

    comes complete with it's own bowl ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    >[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just a little bigger then your helmet. But it can

    > years ago 3 times that size. It was taking out a dudes pet ducks. Got it to grab the broomstick
    > till it snapped it. A shotgun blast to the head and it was soup. Can't remember how many duck
    > were lost.
    >
    > Fire up MTB 03

    I remember seeing a huge one on cape cod, or martha's vineyard. I remember it as being about 3x that
    size, trying to account for altered perception, being 8 and all, but lets be safe and say it was at
    least 2x as big. right in the middle of the road our rental house was on. The ol' broken broomstick
    was done there too ;)

    Jon Bond

  5. Jon Bond wrote:

    > I remember seeing a huge one on cape cod, or martha's vineyard. I remember it as being about 3x
    > that size,

    I too have only ever seen two of those bad-boys 3x that size, one my dad cought and has the pictures
    to prove it. The second one was happily living in Rez #5 in West Hartford in 1980something. The MDC
    Officer who happened to be there at the time said he though it was a legend or myth, and estimated
    her to be 90-100 years old.

  6. Vp

    Vp Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB,

    > Just look a the jaws onher!Shed bite your hand clean off! oi, she's BEAUUuutifuful!!!

    What kind of turtle is that? Where were these taken?

  7. VP wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB,
    >

    >>Just look a the jaws onher!Shed bite your hand clean off! oi, she's BEAUUuutifuful!!!
    >

    > What kind of turtle is that?

    Snapping turtle

    >Where were these taken?

    Bear Brook State Park

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

  9. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

  10. VP wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB,
    >

    >>Snapping turtle
    >

    > Ouch!
    >

    >>>Where were these taken?
    >>
    >>Bear Brook State Park
    >

    > Where is that?

    NH

  11. Technician

    Technician Guest

    JD <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:57:07 -0400 Subject: Re: Crikey! From: VP <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
    > alt.mountain-bike Message-ID: <BB138B43.42111%[email protected]> Organization: Newsfeeds.com
    > http://www.newsfeeds.com 100,000+ UNCENSORED Newsgroups.
    >

    > ClydesdaleMTB,
    >
    > > Snapping turtle
    >
    > Ouch!
    >
    > >> Where were these taken?
    > >
    > > Bear Brook State Park
    >
    > Where is that?
    >

    > Another friggin' e-tard. Use this really cool thing called a "search engine", doofus.
    >
    > JD

    And while he is doing that, you can read up on quoting indentation methods.
    --
    ~Travis "damn e-tards" ;-)

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  12. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:16:48 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><croc-hunter> Just look a the jaws onher!Shed bite your hand clean off! oi, she's BEAUUuutifuful!!!
    ></croc-hunter>
    >
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle_helmet.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/NEMBA/R&R1/turtle_ladies.jpg

    VERY NICE! Did you get it to hiss at you?

    :-]

  13. Vp

    Vp Guest

    Technician,

    >> Another friggin' e-tard. Use this really cool thing called a "search engine", doofus.
    >>
    >> JD
    >>

    > And while he is doing that, you can read up on quoting indentation methods.
    > --
    > ~Travis "damn e-tards" ;-)

    What's with the hostility in this newsgroup? Parents sell a portion of your medication? Indentation
    is courtesy of Microsnot. Secondly if the discussion is in here, I don't think I should have to
    leave to ask a simple question, when I can just spend 10 seconds here.

    Some people's children...morons.

  14. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    VP thoughtfully penned:

    > What's with the hostility in this newsgroup? Parents sell a portion of your medication?
    > Indentation is courtesy of Microsnot. Secondly if the discussion is in here, I don't think I
    > should have to leave to ask a simple question, when I can just spend 10 seconds here.

    http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

  15. Vp

    Vp Guest

  16. Vp

    Vp Guest

    Penny S.,

    >> What's with the hostility in this newsgroup? Parents sell a portion of your medication?
    >> Indentation is courtesy of Microsnot. Secondly if the discussion is in here, I don't think I
    >> should have to leave to ask a simple question, when I can just spend 10 seconds here.
    >>

    > http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    > There¹s a hiker in my way.  Do I just run over him?
    >
    > Probably best not to.  Always be as nice as you can to hikers ­ a little effort goes a long way
    > towards cordiality.

    Is that what you were referring to? The cordiality part? Like those asking where parks are? Perhaps
    someone is going to throw the bandwidth issue at me? Perhaps it would take more bandwidth to google
    a name of a park, then go searching site to site. No thanks.

  17. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    VP thoughtfully penned:
    > Penny S.,
    >
    >>> What's with the hostility in this newsgroup? Parents sell a portion of your medication?
    >>> Indentation is courtesy of Microsnot. Secondly if the discussion is in here, I don't think I
    >>> should have to leave to ask a simple question, when I can just spend 10 seconds here.
    >>>

    >> http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm
    >
    >> There¹s a hiker in my way. Do I just run over him?
    >>
    >> Probably best not to. Always be as nice as you can to hikers ­ a little effort goes a long way
    >> towards cordiality.
    >
    > Is that what you were referring to? The cordiality part? Like those asking where parks are?
    > Perhaps someone is going to throw the bandwidth issue at me? Perhaps it would take more bandwidth
    > to google a name of a park, then go searching site to site. No thanks.

    refer to section 6.

  18. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    Bill Wheeler said...

    > VERY NICE! Did you get it to hiss at you?

    My dad and I found a snapper about like that one, maybe bigger sitting in the middle of a county
    road. Had to stand on the brakes to miss it. We got out to try and prod it off the road, but it
    wanted to kick our asses instead. We would prod it from behind to try and get it to move, but it
    would jump and do a 180 in mid air and come down hissing and biting the squeegee we were using to
    prod it. Couldn't get it to budge from the road, and eventually we got worried that we were going to
    give the dumb brute a heart attack, so we left. We saw it walking to the side of the road in the
    rear view mirror as we left, so I guess it decided the road wasn't such a good place to sunbathe
    after all.