Criminals on TV

In message <[email protected]>, David Hansen
<[email protected]> writes
>From the evidence presented on several newsgroups, over many years,
>I suspect that any abuse starts when you realise you have no valid
>logical response to arguments which are in some cases, though not
>all, irrefutable.

I have to say now, my car front was kicked by a cyclist in the cycle
lane of the road I was waiting to enter. It was only my fearing a few
years behind bars that stopped me pursuing him, with the intention that
he should never be in a position to get on a bike again. Cyclists are
the scum of the earth and should be segregated by law from proper road
users. Pedestrians have pavements, give bike riders bike paths and
make it illegal for un powered bikers onto roads, causing both danger to
themselves and other legitimate users. This is no troll, go back as
far as you like though my posts and you'll see my stance of segregation
has never changed.
--
Clive.

Clive. wrote:
> In message <[email protected]>, David Hansen
> <[email protected]> writes
>> From the evidence presented on several newsgroups, over many years,
>> I suspect that any abuse starts when you realise you have no valid
>> logical response to arguments which are in some cases, though not
>> all, irrefutable.

> I have to say now, my car front was kicked by a cyclist in the cycle
> lane of the road I was waiting to enter. It was only my fearing a
> few years behind bars that stopped me pursuing him, with the
> intention that he should never be in a position to get on a bike
> again. Cyclists are the scum of the earth and should be segregated
> by law from proper road users. Pedestrians have pavements, give
> bike riders bike paths and make it illegal for un powered bikers onto
> roads, causing both danger to themselves and other legitimate users. This
> is no troll, go back as far as you like though my posts and
> you'll see my stance of segregation has never changed.

Surely, since it is cars and other motor vehicle which are the newcomers
(requiring both additional and improved roads etc) it they who should be
segregated? Your atittude is typical of the arrogance which causes people to
get killed and injured.

"Clive." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I have to say now, my car front was kicked by a cyclist in the cycle lane
> of the road I was waiting to enter. It was only my fearing a few years
> behind bars that stopped me pursuing him, with the intention that he
> should never be in a position to get on a bike again. Cyclists are the
> scum of the earth and should be segregated by law from proper road users.

So you let one bad experience with a person dominate how you feel about a
significant portion of society. Have you ever considered therapy?

Would you like to tell us more about the incident? Do you know why the
cyclist kicked your car? How much damage did they do?

clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Clive." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> I have to say now, my car front was kicked by a cyclist in the cycle
>> lane of the road I was waiting to enter. It was only my fearing a
>> few years behind bars that stopped me pursuing him, with the
>> intention that he should never be in a position to get on a bike
>> again. Cyclists are the scum of the earth and should be segregated
>> by law from proper road users.

> So you let one bad experience with a person dominate how you feel
> about a significant portion of society. Have you ever considered
> therapy?
>
> Would you like to tell us more about the incident? Do you know why the
> cyclist kicked your car? How much damage did they do?
>
> clive

I think it would find it quite difficult to a) ride close enough across
the front of a car to be able to kick a side panel and b) not fall off
doing so as my "kicking leg" tries to clear the side of the now kicked
car.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

> "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> "Clive." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> I have to say now, my car front was kicked by a cyclist in the cycle
>>> lane of the road I was waiting to enter. It was only my fearing a
>>> few years behind bars that stopped me pursuing him, with the
>>> intention that he should never be in a position to get on a bike
>>> again. Cyclists are the scum of the earth and should be segregated
>>> by law from proper road users.

>> So you let one bad experience with a person dominate how you feel
>> about a significant portion of society. Have you ever considered
>> therapy?
>>
>> Would you like to tell us more about the incident? Do you know why the
>> cyclist kicked your car? How much damage did they do?

> I think it would find it quite difficult to a) ride close enough across
> the front of a car to be able to kick a side panel and b) not fall off
> doing so as my "kicking leg" tries to clear the side of the now kicked
> car.

Are you suggesting the other Clive may not be being entirely accurate with
his story?

cheers,
clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>>> "Clive." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> So you let one bad experience with a person dominate how you feel
>>> about a significant portion of society. Have you ever considered
>>> therapy?
>>>
>>> Would you like to tell us more about the incident? Do you know why
>>> the cyclist kicked your car? How much damage did they do?

>> I think it would find it quite difficult to a) ride close enough
>> across the front of a car to be able to kick a side panel and b) not
>> fall off doing so as my "kicking leg" tries to clear the side of the
>> now kicked car.

> Are you suggesting the other Clive may not be being entirely accurate
> with his story?

Not at all - just noting that I personally would find it difficult ;-)

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

> "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> news:[email protected]:

>>> I think it would find it quite difficult to a) ride close enough
>>> across the front of a car to be able to kick a side panel and b) not
>>> fall off doing so as my "kicking leg" tries to clear the side of the
>>> now kicked car.

>> Are you suggesting the other Clive may not be being entirely accurate
>> with his story?
>>

> Not at all - just noting that I personally would find it difficult ;-)

I wonder if training courses could be offered to help those of use who have
these problems - maybe a variation on what Tom offers. "Cycling for
hoodie-wannabees"? I have a feeling trials riding may help here.

cheers,
clive

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I wonder if training courses could be offered to help those of use who
> have these problems - maybe a variation on what Tom offers. "Cycling
> for hoodie-wannabees"? I have a feeling trials riding may help here.

Wouldn't that be for bunny hopping onto the bonnet, giving the windscreen a
good kick and then jumping down on the other side?

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

> "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> I wonder if training courses could be offered to help those of use who
>> have these problems - maybe a variation on what Tom offers. "Cycling
>> for hoodie-wannabees"? I have a feeling trials riding may help here.

> Wouldn't that be for bunny hopping onto the bonnet, giving the windscreen
> good kick and then jumping down on the other side?

I think that might be part of the advanced course - let's try and keep the
curriculum simple for the first few lessons at least.

cheers,
clive

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:12:34 +0100, JNugent
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>> Yes. They know it's bloody difficult to obtain a conviction where
>> someone causes death by driving badly. It always has been, or at
>> least always since I became interested about thirty years ago.

>Do you think that's because juries know something you don't want to admit?

What juries know is something most of us are perfectly happy to
admit: cars are dangerous, and many drivers apply insufficient care
quite often. The problem of getting a jury of twelve motorists to
hold another motorist criminally liable for such negligence is a
matter of record.

It remains the fact that if anything like three thousand people were
killed by, say, trains every year there would be a national outcry.
Look at the hyperbole after the last major rail crash, with people
saying that no expense must be spared to make the railways perfectly
safe. And most ironically of all, people desert the railways after
such highly publicised incidents and take instead to their cars...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:36:19 +0100, JNugent
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>> Which explains why LGV and PCV drivers have a more intensive test.
>> Oh, wait....

>Nothing to do with a "higher duty of care" (which is the same as that
>of any other driver).

Seems to me that things like operators licensing, safety checks,
tachograph regulations and so on imply a higher duty of care, or at
least that *someone* thinks that more danger should bring with it
more regulation and more care.

>> In practice some road users pose ... are
>> more likely to be prosecuted if they break the rules.

>Are you trying to claim that the rules don't apply to some road-users?
>If you believe that to be true, it could explain a lot.

It's a question of priorities. Enforcing rules against pedestrians,
who kill virtually nobody but themselves, is a lower priority than
enforcing rules against drivers, who kill thousands annually. I
have yet to identify a single road user group that can be said to
truly observe the rules.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:11:35 +0100, [email protected] (Steve
Firth) said in <1i3md4z.gjkdsw1u8pkkrN%%steve%@malloc.co.uk>:

>> You do know that where a car hits a bicyclist the car driver is
>> usually to blame, don't you?

>You do know that the police rarely record statistics for incidents
>instigated by pedal cyclists, don't you?

You do know that's a red herring, don't you? When a cyclist is
injured in a collision involving a motor vehicle, the motor driver
is usually at fault. There is no suggestion that these are only
recorded *when* it is the driver's fault; the rate of
under-reporting for serious road traffic injuries is generally
thought to be pretty low, falling to zero when severity rises to
death.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:48:08 GMT, NM <[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>> 2. the road network is commons which has been progressively made the
>> exclusive domain of a group who have, until very recently, not paid
>> more than a fraction of what they cost the economy

>That is pure fiction

You say. Meanwhile, great swathes of the road network, a right of
way and maintained at the public expense, are so intimidating that
non-drivers refuse to use them.

>> 3. cycling is seen as worthy of promotion because it makes people
>> fitter and healthier, whereas driving does not

>Not by me (and several million other motorists) it isn't

LOL! I know. You really hate those smug bastards who get fit while
you're suffocating, don't you?

>> 4. find a hooray henry in Abergele if you can, cycling is a mode
>> accessible to the poor as well as the affluent

>It's the terrority of children, youths, students, lycra clad horray
>henry loonies, and the impoverished, sane solvent people seldom bother.

Uh-huh. Redux: you are a bigot. Goodbye.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:12:34 +0100, JNugent
> <[email protected]> said in
> <[email protected]>:
>
>>> Yes. They know it's bloody difficult to obtain a conviction where
>>> someone causes death by driving badly. It always has been, or at
>>> least always since I became interested about thirty years ago.

>> Do you think that's because juries know something you don't want to
>> admit?

> What juries know is something most of us are perfectly happy to
> admit: cars are dangerous, and many drivers apply insufficient care
> quite often. The problem of getting a jury of twelve motorists to
> hold another motorist criminally liable for such negligence is a
> matter of record.
>
> It remains the fact that if anything like three thousand people were
> killed by, say, trains every year there would be a national outcry.
> Look at the hyperbole after the last major rail crash, with people
> saying that no expense must be spared to make the railways perfectly
> safe. And most ironically of all, people desert the railways after
> such highly publicised incidents and take instead to their cars...

Not only that but they complain about railways being expensive.

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:54:14 +0100, "Jeremy Parker"
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>A long time ago I served on the board of the Washington Area
>Bicyclist Assoc', in Washington DC. A fellow board member was
>cardiologist Dr Sam Fox, the guy who invented the 220-age formula for
>maximum heart rate

Heh! It's his fault, then. When I was a gym rat the trainers went
to ask their medical adviser about me because my max. heart rate in
circuit classes was regularly over 230, and I would run the
cross-trainer at a heart rate of 185 for 45 minutes or more at a
stretch (aged 40). He said it was fine, the figure is only a guide.
Quite right, too.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:01:58 GMT, ®i©ardo <[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>Why do you presuppose that anyone would just sit in their 4x4 all day,
>without any other form of exercise?

"Let's have a minute's silence for all those Americans who are right
now stuck in traffic on the way to the gym to ride a stationary
bicycle" - congressman Earl Blumenauer.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:00:41 GMT,
[email protected] (Ekul Namsob) said in
<1i3pi4m.876gzd1mtnkwxN%[email protected]>:

>Surely it doesn't take a genius to realise that twats who cycle at you
>on the pavement do so precisely because they are inconsiderate and
>couldn't care less about the language they use.

More likely it's because they've been frightened off the road by the
motor traffic, or deluded into it by the council's tin of Magic
White Paint.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:48:08 GMT, NM <[email protected]> said in
> <[email protected]>:
>
>>> 2. the road network is commons which has been progressively made the
>>> exclusive domain of a group who have, until very recently, not paid
>>> more than a fraction of what they cost the economy

>> That is pure fiction

> You say. Meanwhile, great swathes of the road network, a right of
> way and maintained at the public expense, are so intimidating that
> non-drivers refuse to use them.

Where would that be then

>>> 3. cycling is seen as worthy of promotion because it makes people
>>> fitter and healthier, whereas driving does not

>> Not by me (and several million other motorists) it isn't

> LOL! I know. You really hate those smug bastards who get fit while
> you're suffocating, don't you?

There are other ways to keep fit without getting wet and looking ike a
dork on a recumbent, there is life outside cycling.

>>> 4. find a hooray henry in Abergele if you can, cycling is a mode
>>> accessible to the poor as well as the affluent

>> It's the terrority of children, youths, students, lycra clad horray
>> henry loonies, and the impoverished, sane solvent people seldom bother.

> Uh-huh. Redux: you are a bigot. Goodbye.

So when faced with facts and the truth you have no answer.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:03:58 +0100, "Clive."
<[email protected]> said in
<[email protected]>:

>>Except that they aren't, because as has been pointed out already
>>they are more likely than average to be house owners, car owners and
>>high-rate taxpayers. Do try to keep up at the back there.

>What sort of wild stupid assertion is this? Whilst anyone rides their
>bike they are paying no fuel duties or any other kind, VED is payable by
>anyone owning a motorised vehicle whether they chose to use it or not.

And we don't get a rebate on VED when we leave the car at home and
take the bike. In the mean time I pay high rate tax (not unusual
since cyclists are more likely than non-cyclist to be high-rate
taxpayers) - the amount of tax I pay towards upkeep of the roads is
likely to be greater than the amount my cycling costs the road
network. Especially since I now have a car which returns over
50mpg.

Roads are funded out of general taxation, and except for a very
brief period where up to half the cost was met from the road fund
they pretty much always have been. Way back when, cyclists led the
campaigns for decent road surfaces.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:00:41 GMT,
> [email protected] (Ekul Namsob) said in
> <1i3pi4m.876gzd1mtnkwxN%[email protected]>:
>
>> Surely it doesn't take a genius to realise that twats who cycle at you
>> on the pavement do so precisely because they are inconsiderate and
>> couldn't care less about the language they use.

> More likely it's because they've been frightened off the road by the
> motor traffic, or deluded into it by the council's tin of Magic
> White Paint.

However you want to dress it up they are breaking the law and being
inconsiderate and obnoxious to others, why they are doing it is
irrelevent, there is no excuse.