Crissy Time - anyone for a BR?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ritcho, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    I'll be in Melbourne between Christmas and New Year. Is there anyone willing to get up early on one of those 'in between' days? I'd really like to check out this BR course and see if I can get anywhere near the top speeds that you guys crank out!

    Ritch

    Tags:

  2. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    ritcho wrote:
    > I'll be in Melbourne between Christmas and New Year. Is there anyone
    > willing to get up early on one of those 'in between' days? I'd really
    > like to check out this BR course and see if I can get anywhere near the
    > top speeds that you guys crank out!
    >
    > Ritch

    I'll be doing it on the 2nd which might be too late for you. Still
    deciding on whether or not to do a tri on the 27th, if not then I'll be
    doing the BR on one of those days.

    DaveB "currently cross training with a wheel barrow and lots of bricks
    (is this a brick session?)"

  3. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    What triathlon is on the 27th?

    Ritch

  4. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    ritcho wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:
    >
    >>ritcho wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'll be in Melbourne between Christmas and New Year. Is there anyone
    >>>willing to get up early on one of those 'in between' days? I'd

    >>really
    >>
    >>>like to check out this BR course and see if I can get anywhere near

    >>the
    >>
    >>>top speeds that you guys crank out!
    >>>
    >>>Ritch
    >>>

    >>I'll be doing it on the 2nd which might be too late for you. Still
    >>deciding on whether or not to do a tri on the 27th, if not then I'll
    >>be
    >>doing the BR on one of those days.
    >>
    >>DaveB "currently cross training with a wheel barrow and lots of bricks
    >>(is this a brick session?)"

    > What triathlon is on the 27th?
    >
    > Ritch

    Benalla which probably doesn't help if you are in Melbourne. I only got
    the details yesterday, can enter on the day and it starts at 5pm. 5pm
    start in the middle of summer, you've gotta be kidding! I'm waiting to
    see what the weather forecast is before deciding what to do.

    DaveB "back to the bricks, sigh"

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Im up for a (shockhorror!) non-Sunday BR. 'course Im supposed to be doing 'Base' training. but as my 10yr old says, "Meh"

  6. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > DaveB Wrote:
    > > ritcho wrote:

    > > bricks
    > > >

    > > > What triathlon is on the 27th?
    > > >
    > > > Ritch
    > > >

    > > Benalla which probably doesn't help if you are in Melbourne. I only got
    > > the details yesterday, can enter on the day and it starts at 5pm. 5pm
    > > start in the middle of summer, you've gotta be kidding! I'm waiting to
    > > see what the weather forecast is before deciding what to do.
    > >
    > > DaveB "back to the bricks, sigh"

    > Im up for a (shockhorror!) non-Sunday BR. 'course Im supposed to be
    > doing 'Base' training. but as my 10yr old says, "Meh"
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    I am on holidays as from today......yay.

    I am planning on doing a ride probably every second morning during the week.
    At this stage I will prob leave home around 0600h or so and do a 2 - 2.5
    hour ride or so. I will prob alternate between:

    1. riding the Yarra Blvd into the city, along Alexandra Pde, around the
    botanic gardens, and back the way I came (this is about 60km or so from my
    place); and

    2. doing the normal BR course (or a variation of, but in that general
    direction).

    On the Yarra Blvd days, I might even stop on the way back for a few
    intervals at Yarra Bend so that I can get that hairpin corner and sprint up
    the hill sorted out for the Kew crits.

    Ride On,

    Gags

  7. B.T.

    B.T. New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2004
    I'm keen, I've been getting back into shape the last couple of weeks/months, so some company might spice things up, maybe we could squeeze in a Beach Rd cruise, it might make it less boring. (I caught Baden Cooke's wheel last week, made me feel like a pro for the 3k I sucked his wheel, I was stoked, what a great world we live in that a hack like me can ride with one of the world elite, I'm hoping to spot Katie Mactier one day ;) ).

    Brett.

  8. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    How about the 27th then? The Monday, 0720 at the 'usual' meeting place?

    Ritch

    I say 'usual' in that other people have talked about it... I've not been on a BR...

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Cool! you shoulda sprinted out past him just for something to tell the grandkids when your an old blighter:D
    altho the BR rides came about bcos of our loathing of Beach Rd!

  10. Blah

    Blah Guest

    "ritcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > B.T. Wrote:
    >> I'm keen, I've been getting back into shape the last couple of
    >> weeks/months, so some company might spice things up, maybe we could
    >> squeeze in a Beach Rd cruise, it might make it less boring. (I caught
    >> Baden Cooke's wheel last week, made me feel like a pro for the 3k I
    >> sucked his wheel, I was stoked, what a great world we live in that a
    >> hack like me can ride with one of the world elite, I'm hoping to spot
    >> Katie Mactier one day ;) ).
    >>
    >> Brett.

    > How about the 27th then? The Monday, 0720 at the 'usual' meeting place?
    >

    > Ritch
    >
    > I say 'usual' in that other people have talked about it... I've not
    > been on a BR...
    >

    > --
    > ritcho

    Pretty sure I can do that. School holidays are ace...

  11. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > B.T. Wrote:
    > > I'm keen, I've been getting back into shape the last couple of
    > > weeks/months, so some company might spice things up, maybe we could
    > > squeeze in a Beach Rd cruise, it might make it less boring. (I caught
    > > Baden Cooke's wheel last week, made me feel like a pro for the 3k I
    > > sucked his wheel, I was stoked, what a great world we live in that a
    > > hack like me can ride with one of the world elite, I'm hoping to spot
    > > Katie Mactier one day ;) ).
    > >
    > > Brett.

    > Cool! you shoulda sprinted out past him just for something to tell the
    > grandkids when your an old blighter:D
    > altho the BR rides came about bcos of our loathing of Beach Rd!
    > --
    > flyingdutch

    I have actually never riden Beach Road........just tacked onto the BR
    because it is local!! I will prob be there on the 27th (as well as
    tomorrow).

    Gags

  12. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Alright, that's it - I'll be there at 0720 on Monday 27-Dec.

    Merry Christmas,
    Ritch

  13. Blah

    Blah Guest

    "ritcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> > How about the 27th then? The Monday, 0720 at the 'usual' meeting

    >> place?
    >> >

    >> > Ritch
    >> >
    >> > I say 'usual' in that other people have talked about it... I've not
    >> > been on a BR...
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > ritcho
    >> >

    >> Pretty sure I can do that. School holidays are ace...

    > Alright, that's it - I'll be there at 0720 on Monday 27-Dec.
    >
    > Merry Christmas,
    > Ritch
    >

    > --
    > ritcho

    Shweet.

  14. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Hang on!?!?!?

    does that mean we are doing one on Boxing Day 26th AND 27th???

    better oad up on the chrissy pud then... :rolleyes:

  15. Blah

    Blah Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > ritcho Wrote:
    >> Alright, that's it - I'll be there at 0720 on Monday 27-Dec.
    >>
    >> Merry Christmas,
    >> Ritch

    > Hang on!?!?!?
    >
    > does that mean we are doing one on Boxing Day 26th AND 27th???
    >
    > better oad up on the chrissy pud then... :rolleyes:
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    Yes. Yes it does mean that. 1/20 on the Tuesday?

  16. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Blah wrote:
    > "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    >
    >>ritcho Wrote:
    >>
    >>>Alright, that's it - I'll be there at 0720 on Monday 27-Dec.
    >>>
    >>>Merry Christmas,
    >>>Ritch

    >>Hang on!?!?!?
    >>
    >>does that mean we are doing one on Boxing Day 26th AND 27th???
    >>
    >>better oad up on the chrissy pud then... :rolleyes:
    >>

    >>--
    >>flyingdutch
    >>

    > Yes. Yes it does mean that. 1/20 on the Tuesday?

    Guys can we confirm what we talked about Wed. Is the Sunday ride to be
    reverse BR route and Monday normal? I'm only up for Monday so would
    prefer that to be the normal route. Anyone mad enough to ride up that
    big hill can have it.

    DaveB

  17. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    I'll see how I feel, but I might be able to make Sunday morning as well if the start is 0720 at Doncaster Shoppingtown

    Ritch

  18. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    no i think the lack of oxygen post-race got the better of me.
    Some things should not be tampered with...

  19. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:
    >
    >>Guys can we confirm what we talked about Wed. Is the Sunday ride to be
    >>reverse BR route and Monday normal? I'm only up for Monday so would
    >>prefer that to be the normal route. Anyone mad enough to ride up that
    >>big hill can have it.
    >>
    >>DaveB

    > :eek: :eek: :eek:
    > no i think the lack of oxygen post-race got the better of me.
    > Some things should not be tampered with...

    So BR is on Monday in honour of Ritcho and too much plum pudding on Xmas
    day.

    DaveB

  20. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003
    If I am reading this correctly, then 26th is standard BR, 27th (monday) is bonus BR ??
    I am in for boxing day BR, but will be beach rd on 27th with the bunch.... 6am cnr of north rd and nepean hwy!