Crit Crash Video: Whose Fault?

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

When you have a rider whose leading edge of his front tire is about level with the back of your rear wheel, does your owl like peripheral vision see that far back? I know mine doesn't.
Short answer is yes - peripheral vision and "peripheral sense". On the hoods, movement of shape and sound is relatively easy to perceive in that area - especially if just overtaking another rider. In the drops, a glance underarm gives a direct look at rear wheel and surrounding area. In tight, final sprint scenarios where everything is happening rapid-fire, maybe more understandable. In this situation, not so much.

Just not the type of riding I think should be promoted or excused.

" People passing each other like that in cars would sure make for an interesting drive to work."

Happens multiple times every day in and around Cleveland.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

" People passing each other like that in cars would sure make for an interesting drive to work."

Happens multiple times every day in and around Cleveland.
Maryland too. This morning a small SUV tried to do that to a flatbed truck.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

He chopped THREE front wheels!
Plus the hotel may bill him for the paint damage to their roof!

Me, I'm fully in touch with my idiocy. I turned down the idea of a roof rack after about 1/3 second. (I hope the blue guy didn't!)

The blue **** guy pulls out clipping the front wheel of the rider with a white top and black ****.

The blue **** should have looked over his shoulder to ensure his action was safe to do so. I failed in his duty of care to bother with this observation thus causing an accident. This is why it is his fault. Simple really.

The Guy in the blue was at fault for swerving out not reason to take the line he did as others have said plenty of room on either side..