Crit, Road Race and Crash Footage needed

lindawashere

Nov 11, 2007
Hi All,

I'm producing a documentary and need some footage of crit and road races along with crash footage.

Please contact me if you have any such footage or know where I might find some.

Footage can be as old as 1990's and as long as it wasn't shot on a cell phone, we're willing to consider it.

Specifically, I would love footage of Georgia-based ex-pro cyclist Andrew Johnston and his assorted crashes, but I know I'm dreaming on that one. There was a crash in the Kids Crit in 2001 in Columbia, SC...the race was stopped and they took him away in an ambulance. He suffered his 3rd concussion and was forced to stop racing shortly thereafter. Any leads on this would be more than incredible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[email protected]

lindawashere said:
Hi All,

I'm producing a documentary and need some footage of crit and road races along with crash footage.

Please contact me if you have any such footage or know where I might find some.

Footage can be as old as 1990's and as long as it wasn't shot on a cell phone, we're willing to consider it.

Specifically, I would love footage of Georgia-based ex-pro cyclist Andrew Johnston and his assorted crashes, but I know I'm dreaming on that one. There was a crash in the Kids Crit in 2001 in Columbia, SC...the race was stopped and they took him away in an ambulance. He suffered his 3rd concussion and was forced to stop racing shortly thereafter. Any leads on this would be more than incredible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[email protected]
Can't help you with Andrew Johnston footage. I really don't think any exists. Something that you can try is going to You Tube and searching Bicycle Accidents. Make sure that you use "bicycle". If you put in "bike", you will get a bunch of motorcycle wrecks mixed into your bicycle wrecks.

There's a guy around here who was shooting footage for his own bicycle racing documentary all season long. Maybe he would be willing to sell (or whatever one does in the documentary biz - share for credit??) some of his footage? I'm betting he got plenty of crashes on film (I know he was there for mine!) and I'm sure he won't be using all of them. Of course we are no where near Georgia though.

check out www.start2finishmovie.com

Thanks ya'll.

The races don't have to be in Georgia, as Drew raced all over the country.

I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack for footage of him considering he raced in the 90's, but I'm hoping to find that crash from the 2001 Kids Crit in Columbia, SC. I'm an optimist on this one. Someone has that footage, they just don't know it.

I'm already looking at youtube too, but thought I would try some racing forums and see what I found. I can use crit and crash footage from any race if I can't find Andrew's just to show the excitement and danger of the sport.

Thanks for the heads up about the cycling movie. I'll contact him, but I imagine, he's probably using all of his crash footage or won't be able to give anything up til he knows what he's using in his final movie.

Thanks for the help so far!

I thought I would give it one last go -

Anyone know anyone that films races?

Youtube clips are OK, but I'm hoping to find someone that might actually film races and crashes, and be interesting in a sharing the footage and receiving credit for it in the documentary.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Linda B
www.livingiswinning.com

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm still looking for good criterium race footage, road race footage and lots of crash footage.

It can be shot anywhere in the country.

It can be shot on any type of video camera.

It can be shot in any season, any weather condition, day or night.

It does not have to be professional quality.

Please contact me if you know of anyone with footage or who might have footage or who might know someone who might have footage. ;)

Thanks!

Linda B
www.livingiswinning.com
www.plexuspictures.com

Good news!

Finally found all the racing footage I needed and I finished the film!!

If you want to check out the finished film, go to livingiswinning.com.

It's a sport doc. You'll laugh, cry and be inspired...at least that's the feedback I get from those who have seen it! ;)

Thanks!