Cycling Training · Public discussion

Crit Warm Up In 90F Temps

Started by mikesaif · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,047 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
30 July 2010
Last activity
30 July 2010
Original author
mikesaif
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,047
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I rode some crits in March/April with temps anywhere between 35-50F. For these, I did about a 20-30 min warm up with some time at threshold, one minute intervals and some shorter sprints. These worked out great and I felt good at the start line and ready to race right away when the surges started after just a few seconds of racing.

    I am doing a crit on Sunday at noon where it will be about 90F. I am thinking of reducing the warm up to about 10 minutes so as not to get worn out and dehydrated. I would welcome your comments based on your experiences. Thanks.

  2. mikesaif said:

    I rode some crits in March/April with temps anywhere between 35-50F. For these, I did about a 20-30 min warm up with some time at threshold, one minute intervals and some shorter sprints. These worked out great and I felt good at the start line and ready to race right away when the surges started after just a few seconds of racing.

    I am doing a crit on Sunday at noon where it will be about 90F. I am thinking of reducing the warm up to about 10 minutes so as not to get worn out and dehydrated. I would welcome your comments based on your experiences. Thanks.

    I still try to get a good warm up in even in hot temps. It is really important to open your legs up with some short (30sec-1min) efforts. Just keep hydrating throughout your warm up. Crits are often really fast from the first whistle, and you will need to respond to accelerations out of corners. Use your warm up to get your legs used to those types of accelerations and you'll be fine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.