Criterium International 2010

Contador's decision to ride Criterium had immediate effect on Armstrong. He got sick and withdraw from MSR.
Now he could decide to race in Volta a Catalunya instead of Criterium, 'cause he needs to make up lost racing miles.

Andrija said:
Contador's decision to ride Criterium had immediate effect on Armstrong. He got sick and withdraw from MSR.
Now he could decide to race in Volta a Catalunya instead of Criterium, 'cause he needs to make up lost racing miles.

a bit too early to jump to that for me right now. i can see it happening, but that would certainly cement the idea that armstrong is ducking contador. have to figure that, given armstrong's past behaviour, he and the hog will open another twitter insult campaign if they alter their schedule this close to the start.

slovakguy said:
a bit too early to jump to that for me right now. i can see it happening, but that would certainly cement the idea that armstrong is ducking contador. have to figure that, given armstrong's past behaviour, he and the hog will open another twitter insult campaign if they alter their schedule this close to the start.
It would be too obvious if he'd cancel his Criterium participation now. I'm just overemphasising his vanity. But, let's wait and see... Maybe what's absurd for us - could be logical for them.

Andrija said:
Afterwards, maybe Armstrong decides not to start the race. Maybe he breaks his collarbone in MSR.
Some p.r. spin will come out for sure.

Andrija said:

I've gotta hand it to you. You called that one like it was a book you'd already read (title: It's Not About the Gastroenteritis). Of course, he might still think better of it and show up for his ass-whoopin'.

Maxiton said:
I've gotta hand it to you. You called that one like it was a book you'd already read (title: It's Not About the Gastroenteritis). Of course, he might still think better of it and show up for his ass-whoopin'.
Well, I didn't expect him to withdraw from MSR, but this withdrawal sets the stage for eventual further excuses. The point is - he doesn't play only on roads, he plays off them as well.

Andrija said:
Well, I didn't expect him to withdraw from MSR, but this withdrawal sets the stage for eventual further excuses. The point is - he doesn't play only on roads, he plays off them as well.

Spot on, Andrija.

The withdrawal from MSR may or may not have been a genuine issue of illness.

He knows he can't be Contador.

Vanity's always been his weak point.

That bike is junk and is also the wrong size. Check the local ebay and Craig's list for a good used shop quality bike. This is the same bike that you would find at Walmart and only comes in one size. Schwinn makes good bikes but they are only sold in shops. You will never find a good bike for the amount you want to spend unless you go used. Measure you inseam and look for a frame that is 59% of that. The most important thing when buying a bike is getting the correct frame size.

I cant agree about Armstrong ducking. I do think that if Lance has got something up his sleeve he would rather wait until the TDF to demonstrate. In the mean time there is no reason to add to Contador's confidence with a head to head loss.

Having said all this no way Contador loses. 11 years younger, 30lbs lighter and hate to admit it but a more talented rider than Lance and probably the best multi-stage racer since E.M.

Lance has gotta get 15 pounds off and keep his power to hang with AC and I dont see that happening.

This TDF is going to be a yawner! Contador from the first up hill finish till the end unless her wrecks or get sick.

hpearson said:
. . . no way Contador loses. 11 years younger, 30lbs lighter and hate to admit it but a more talented rider than Lance and probably the best multi-stage racer since E.M.

Lance has gotta get 15 pounds off and keep his power to hang with AC and I dont see that happening.

This TDF is going to be a yawner! Contador from the first up hill finish till the end unless her wrecks or get sick.

I agree with everything you just said. But check it out: what if Contador gets busted for his, erm, medical preparation? That could easily happen. After all, I can't think of any of Armstrong's teammates who went on to rival Armstrong on other teams who weren't busted. I'm not saying I know why that is, exactly, but why should Contador be any different?

And what if Bruyneel works out some sort of deal with Riis? The latter is looking for a sponsor . . . maybe that's an angle Bruyneel could somehow work, who knows? Schleck (or his team) gets reigned in slightly and Armstrong benefits . . . Stranger things have happened in the wacky world of racing . . . .

Any or all of it - or something similar - could make for some surprises come July.

the hog and riis working together? should i be looking for four guys on horses riding for some team out of armageddon at this year's tour then?

Fedrigo took the first stage.
Contador lost a lot of time, more than a minute.
Armstrong couldn't follow main bunch on final accent. But Shack sent message to Astana with Machado behind Fedrigo.
Samuel Sanchez and Evans were the best of GT contenders.
Surprising result. Not just because of the winner, more because of time he gained on big guns.

Damn !

I knew I should not have opened this thread just yet, while I'm recording it as we speak. :D

Oh well, it's a good spoiler anyways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkL0chZ2m9k"]YouTube - Critérium International 2010 - Stage 1 - Final kilometers (1/2)[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOrFGoaK2d4[/ame]

Wow. Not what was expected for sure.

Poor ol' Lance still has a tummy ache, plus it's only March so it's ok :D. Why even go there ?!?

Contador will blame it on his team mates.

On that note, Is Cadel proving himself enough to get invited ??

gman0482 said:
Wow. Not what was expected for sure.

Poor ol' Lance still has a tummy ache, plus it's only March so it's ok :D. Why even go there ?!?

Contador will blame it on his team mates.

This time he can't blame his team mates. Vino did very good job.

gman0482 said:
On that note, Is Cadel proving himself enough to get invited ??
I think it's enough. Rainbow jersey, previous TDF results (except last year) and form at the beginning of the season should be enough.

Awww poor Alberto had the sniffles. I'm sure he would have put the hammer down if he were in shape.

Tiago Machado - now that guy's been EXCELLENT over the past month or two. Where does Johan find these guys?

genedan said:
Tiago Machado - now that guy's been EXCELLENT over the past month or two. Where does Johan find these guys?

I'd never heard of this guy until today, he's only young to - 22 or 23 apparently!

genedan said:
Awww poor Alberto had the sniffles. I'm sure he would have put the hammer down if he were in shape.

Bruyneel doesn't find them. He creates them. Just like he's created Heras or Beltran. Faithful lieutenants.

Andrija said:
Bruyneel doesn't find them. He creates them. Just like he's created Heras or Beltran. Faithful lieutenants.

Yeah, sure. He must have used a time machine to travel back in time and get Heras a Vuelta victory before Heras joined Postal.

Bro Deal said:
Yeah, sure. He must have used a time machine to travel back in time and get Heras a Vuelta victory before Heras joined Postal.
Somehow you've managed to miss the point. But I'm sure you're aware of it.