critical mass = total douchebags

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:41:20 GMT, "Iraqi Joe" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I agree. And while we are on the subject, please tell your douchbag
>President to remove his soldiers from out country.

Believe me, that's exactly what he wants to do.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:37:31 -0700, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Protesters are often weakminded, many of them have too much time on their
>hands. I certainly don't have time for such nonsense.

As someone who engaged in his share of protests back in my younger
days, I have to support their right to protest. A bit of civil
disobedience goes a long way in getting your point across without
being violent.

My concern is that these protestors will take police assets away from
their other job of stopping people who might have much more serious
things on their mind than holding up traffic.

The possibility of terror attacks is very real and the more the police
can focus on stopping that, the better.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:55:01 GMT, "Thomas Jefferson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Oftentimes they are the real critical thinkers. You should be grateful they
>are in NY to oppose the fascist RNC who are destroying the democracy I and
>others worked so hard to create.

Thanks Thomas. Wasn't it you who set up the electoral college system
because you didn't want to leave the final word to the masses?

Jack Hollis wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:55:01 GMT, "Thomas Jefferson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Oftentimes they are the real critical thinkers. You should be
>> grateful they are in NY to oppose the fascist RNC who are destroying
>> the democracy I and others worked so hard to create.

> Thanks Thomas. Wasn't it you who set up the electoral college system
> because you didn't want to leave the final word to the masses?

Dead wrong. Jefferson HATED the EC.

"I have ever considered the constitutional mode of election ultimately by
the Legislature voting by States as the most dangerous blot in our
Constitution, and one which some unlucky chance will some day hit and give
us a pope and antipope." - Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to George Hay,
1823.

"Jack Hollis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:55:01 GMT, "Thomas Jefferson"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Oftentimes they are the real critical thinkers. You should be grateful
>>they
>>are in NY to oppose the fascist RNC who are destroying the democracy I and
>>others worked so hard to create.

> Thanks Thomas. Wasn't it you who set up the electoral college system
> because you didn't want to leave the final word to the masses?

But for those hanging chads and the minority voters disenfranchised by those
Republican fascists, you would have had Al Gore as your president. Now
trust me on this one. Tony Scalia and his lap dog Clarence are in big caca
up here, to borrow a phrase from Moses.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jack Hollis wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:55:01 GMT, "Thomas Jefferson"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Oftentimes they are the real critical thinkers. You should be
>>> grateful they are in NY to oppose the fascist RNC who are destroying
>>> the democracy I and others worked so hard to create.

>> Thanks Thomas. Wasn't it you who set up the electoral college system
>> because you didn't want to leave the final word to the masses?

> Dead wrong. Jefferson HATED the EC.
>
> "I have ever considered the constitutional mode of election ultimately by
> the Legislature voting by States as the most dangerous blot in our
> Constitution, and one which some unlucky chance will some day hit and give
> us a pope and antipope." - Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to George Hay,
> 1823.

Thank you for making that plain. It may be time for a little revolution.
Good for the soul of the body politic, don't you think?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > I can't stand leftie hippie retards who think they have to right to

> disrupt
> > other people's lives with their pointless and misguided political
> > statements. And what's worse, these douchebags (the vast majority of whom
> > don't even ride regularly) succeed only in giving motorist a dim view of
> > cyclists, the price of which is paid by racers who have to deal with the
> > lingering ill-will months/years after the stupid protest (that they had
> > nothing to do with) has ended.
> >
> > They ought to throw all those ****ers in jail.

> Protesters are often weakminded,

????????

--
tanx,
Howard

"Let's turn dining back into eating."
The Descendents

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]...
>>
>>>I can't stand leftie hippie retards who think they have to right to

>>disrupt
>>
>>>other people's lives with their pointless and misguided political
>>>statements. And what's worse, these douchebags (the vast majority of whom
>>>don't even ride regularly) succeed only in giving motorist a dim view of
>>>cyclists, the price of which is paid by racers who have to deal with the
>>>lingering ill-will months/years after the stupid protest (that they had
>>>nothing to do with) has ended.
>>>
>>>They ought to throw all those ****ers in jail.

>>Protesters are often weakminded,

> ????????

People who never protest or disagree are strong minded.

Well, OK, maybe not.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:p[email protected]...
> > > I can't stand leftie hippie retards who think they have to right to

> > disrupt
> > > other people's lives with their pointless and misguided political
> > > statements. And what's worse, these douchebags (the vast majority of

whom
> > > don't even ride regularly) succeed only in giving motorist a dim view

of
> > > cyclists, the price of which is paid by racers who have to deal with

the
> > > lingering ill-will months/years after the stupid protest (that they

had
> > > nothing to do with) has ended.
> > >
> > > They ought to throw all those ****ers in jail.

> > Protesters are often weakminded,

> ????????

Duh, isn't is often like obvious?

> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> "Let's turn dining back into eating."
> The Descendents
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Protesters are often weakminded,

> > ????????

> Duh, isn't is often like obvious?

Like, totally noooo. The point was that you've made a rather gross
overgeneralization. I'll be the first to admit that plenty of people on the
left haven't done as much homework as they ought to have and are not very
eloquent at expressing themselves. The reason is because they are people,
and people are prone to those bits of behavior. Perhaps you get this
perspective from the coverage of protests you may have seen. From your
description of the area you live and my experiences with it, that (the
coverage) is likely to have been a fairly conservative take. Bay area TV
news is generally thought of as fairly liberal, but the coverage in the Bay
Area of the anti-war marches last year had a distinctly non liberal slant.
They seemed to pick the most obvious caricatures and stereotypes to put on
- leaving the majority out of the picture. And that majority was well
informed and articulate.

Wouldn't you think that "weakminded" might be a better way to describe
people who simply take the government at its word and never look into
things? The media certainly did that in the run up to the war.

--

In article <%_9Yc.62801$9d6.23034@attbi_s54>,
Tim Lines <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>Protesters are often weakminded,

> > ????????
> >

> People who never protest or disagree are strong minded.
>
> Well, OK, maybe not.

That must explain why sheep don't run this planet. Baaahhh!

--
tanx,
Howard

"Let's turn dining back into eating."
The Descendents

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > ????????

> > Duh, isn't is often like obvious?

> Like, totally noooo. The point was that you've made a rather gross
> overgeneralization. I'll be the first to admit that plenty of people on

the
> left haven't done as much homework as they ought to have and are not very
> eloquent at expressing themselves. The reason is because they are people,
> and people are prone to those bits of behavior. Perhaps you get this
> perspective from the coverage of protests you may have seen. From your
> description of the area you live and my experiences with it, that (the
> coverage) is likely to have been a fairly conservative take. Bay area TV
> news is generally thought of as fairly liberal, but the coverage in the

Bay
> Area of the anti-war marches last year had a distinctly non liberal slant.
> They seemed to pick the most obvious caricatures and stereotypes to put on
> - leaving the majority out of the picture. And that majority was well
> informed and articulate.
>
> Wouldn't you think that "weakminded" might be a better way to describe
> people who simply take the government at its word and never look into
> things? The media certainly did that in the run up to the war.

I remember watching the Watts fires from Dodger stadium when I was a kid, of
course that was a riot, big time protest. I actually have talked to
protesters and organizers over the years from various groups like those
proponents of nuclear power to supporters of Pro choice. One time I remember
being in the mission district in SF, where a girl was working a rally for
Pro choice. I talked to her for a while, and not claiming to be that well
informed on one of my least favorite subjects I thought I would chat her up.
I clearly filled in a few gaps for her. She seemed more like someone who was
just on the bandwagon for the ride and clearly uninformed about the issues.
I don't watch Bay Area TV for the news. I do get both east and west feeds,
but really when it comes to local news I tune into Fresno, but for the
nation, both east and west, along with CNN, MSNBC, FOX, PBS news hour, and
the internet mostly for all kinds of news sources for the really juicy
stuff. My point about weakminded is those numbers who love the mob mentality
and love a good riot without knowing the issues. I have seen this over the
years and talked to several. They seem to stand behind their cause quite
often without having studied the issues. Kind of the hard line thinking
about what sounds right, and jumping on the bandwagon without taking the
time to study the issues. Many of these types seem to want to prove how hard
they are confronting police rather then talking rationally about what
divides both sides. These are the basically the weakminded types, put them
in front of a microphone and watch them freeze up without a clue. It amazes
me even with the college crowd, that many of those jump on the chanting and
raving bandwagon end up looking a deer in the headlights of a Mack truck
when finally persuade them to engage in a rational discussion without
screaming. On the flip side of course there always those who know the issues
quite well, but they are not the many, but more then likely the few.
Certainly those who follow the pied piper without looking at both sides like
the war in Iraq as you suggest. Here is a view from the other side who
opposes CNN.

News you won't find on CNN or FOX.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

This one used to be excellent but, they seem to have vanished.

http://www.albasrah.net

Another one to have seem to have vanished was...

http://www.stopislam.com

"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I can't stand leftie hippie retards who think they have to right to disrupt
> other people's lives with their pointless and misguided political
> statements. And what's worse, these douchebags (the vast majority of whom
> don't even ride regularly) succeed only in giving motorist a dim view of
> cyclists, the price of which is paid by racers who have to deal with the
> lingering ill-will months/years after the stupid protest (that they had
> nothing to do with) has ended.
>
> They ought to throw all those ****ers in jail.

dumbass,

why the **** are you posting about what gay-ass hippies are up to ?

what next a report from a phish concert ?

**** like this is worse than some douche trying to unload his 8speed shifters here.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> My point about weakminded is those numbers who love the mob mentality
> and love a good riot without knowing the issues.

Well, wanting to engage in over-the-top confrontational behavior doesn't
necessarily preclude knowing the issues. There are some who will go along
on events like that just for the chance to do it.

> On the flip side of course there always those who know the issues
> quite well, but they are not the many, but more then likely the few.

Well, having been at a bunch of the anti-war events, I can tell you that
I completely disagree with you on that point. The knowledgeable ones
outnumbered the "smash it up" crowd by a *huge* margin. Funny thing - at
every one of those events, there would be a group of people (maybe 30
strong) on one corner protesting the protesters. When people would try to
calmly discuss the issues with them, they were shrieking and boiling with
rage - no one could get a word in edgewise. The pro-war protesters were
incredibly unreasonable and, having listened to what they were yelling,
incredibly uninformed. Strange that there were a bunch of cameras around
them the whole time. Some of the local coverage made it seem like those
people were outnumbered by only about ten to one - which wwas hardly the
case.

> News you won't find on CNN or FOX.

Certainly not opposite ends of the spectrum, imo.

> http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

They had the expose' on the "Tipping over Saddam's statue" ******** -
that was pretty good.

--
tanx,
Howard

"Let's turn dining back into eating."
The Descendents

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in news:fE1Yc.106576$TI1.77965
@attbi_s52:

> Which is why myself and a lot of others I know try to distance ourselves
> from them as much as possible. In the long run it sucks if you encounter a
> redneck out on the country road who is stilling thinking of the critical
> ass **** he just saw in the city.
>
> -Ken

Grow a spine and stand up for yourself when confronted with unfriendly
rednecks. Like they are going to be civil towards you regardless of weather
or not their day was disrupted by critical mass (which is unlikely as it
happens in the *city*).

RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Message gotten: The opposition smells bad and acts worse.
>
> Ron

But has nice legs, a heathier body, and isn't going to keel over at 50.
Unless they get run over by a motorist before they hit 50.

"Thomas Jefferson" <[email protected]> wrote in news:nW7Yc.1147$w%6.738
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> Thank you for making that plain. It may be time for a little revolution.
> Good for the soul of the body politic, don't you think?

How about just ammending the constitution?
A lot less blood would be spilled.

"hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote:

>I can't stand leftie hippie retards who think they have to right to disrupt
>other people's lives with their pointless and misguided political
>statements. And what's worse, these douchebags (the vast majority of whom
>don't even ride regularly) succeed only in giving motorist a dim view of
>cyclists, the price of which is paid by racers who have to deal with the
>lingering ill-will months/years after the stupid protest (that they had
>nothing to do with) has ended.
>
>They ought to throw all those ****ers in jail.

Reminds me of the time years ago, when I was going down Lex and had to
get around a bus blocking the intersection, cutting off some
suburbanite cager and his chick in the process. When they finally
caught me at the stoplight a few blocks later, his chick leaned out
the window and started chanting in that nasal Longuyland accent "ride
on the sidewalk, ride on the sidewalk."
Stick to your office park crits, ya wienie cager, cuz ya don't have
the intestinal fortitude for the big city.

-HD

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > My point about weakminded is those numbers who love the mob mentality
> > and love a good riot without knowing the issues.

> Well, wanting to engage in over-the-top confrontational behavior

doesn't
> necessarily preclude knowing the issues. There are some who will go along
> on events like that just for the chance to do it.
>
> > On the flip side of course there always those who know the issues
> > quite well, but they are not the many, but more then likely the few.

> Well, having been at a bunch of the anti-war events, I can tell you

that
> I completely disagree with you on that point. The knowledgeable ones
> outnumbered the "smash it up" crowd by a *huge* margin.

That would interesting to know just how many knew the issues really well,
but no way to put stats on that without talking to every single one of them.

Funny thing - at
> every one of those events, there would be a group of people (maybe 30
> strong) on one corner protesting the protesters. When people would try to
> calmly discuss the issues with them, they were shrieking and boiling with
> rage - no one could get a word in edgewise. The pro-war protesters were
> incredibly unreasonable and, having listened to what they were yelling,
> incredibly uninformed. Strange that there were a bunch of cameras around
> them the whole time. Some of the local coverage made it seem like those
> people were outnumbered by only about ten to one - which wwas hardly the
> case.

The rabid mentality runs in packs and usually aren't interested in dialogue,
often people who don't understand the issues take that route. The big bluff
without knowledge and many with tooooo... much time on their hands.

> > News you won't find on CNN or FOX.

> Certainly not opposite ends of the spectrum, imo.

CNN doesn't slam Bush like this guy does and CNN wouldn't report half this
stuff with his slant. Even so a lot of it rings true. He dishes the dirt,
but actually the one that really dishes the dirt was albasrah.net. UK
guardian dishes the dirt sometimes. I usually pick up reuters first, then,
SF and LA, NY times or post, USA today, UK and Euro papers, as well as
others I browse but often the juicy ones are just out there, hidden, and you
have to find them.