Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sh, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Sh

    Sh Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the = Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
    lot. As a competative cyclist I have = had to put up with increase abuse while training today
    because of your = stupidity last night. Unfortunately many motorist think we are one in = the same
    and have been giving more abuse today than we normally recieve = just for sharing the road. Just a
    coincidence, I dont think so!=20

    Why don't you look at the constructive lead taken by Bicycle Victoria, = who promote safe road use
    for all users. They lobbying Local and State = governments in the provision of cycle safe roads.
    They also promote = rides that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, which in = turn
    educates a large group of the population on the benifits of bicycle = commuting and hence reduces
    the use of cars.

    You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get = over it. What will happen
    with the publicity that you short sighted = radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
    motorist and us. = This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from = riding
    and undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

    SH

    ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
    <DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To all cyclists who supported the = Critical Mass=20 ride through
    the Melbourne domain tunnel, <STRONG>thanks a lot</STRONG>. = As a=20 competative cyclist I
    have had to put up with increase abuse while = training=20 today because of your stupidity
    last night. Unfortunately many motorist = think we=20 are one in the same and have been
    giving more abuse today than we = normally=20 recieve just for sharing the road. Just a
    coincidence, I dont think so!=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why don't you look at the constructive = lead taken=20
    by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use for all users. They = lobbying=20 Local
    and State governments in the provision of cycle safe roads. They = also=20 promote rides that
    introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, = which in=20 turn educates a large group of
    the population on the benifits of bicycle =

    commuting and hence reduces the use of cars.</FONT></DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You riders want a society with out = cars, its not=20 going to
    happen, get over it. What will happen with the publicity that = you short=20 sighted radicals
    get, is there will be a wider devide between = motorist=20 and us. This will just
    make it more dangerous to ride, discourage = people=20 from riding and undo all the
    good BV and simular groups have=20 achieved.</FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SH</FONT></DIV>
    <DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80--

    Tags:

  2. Ben

    Ben Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    news:[email protected]... To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride

    ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well said and when will they ever=20 learn?</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
    <DV>"SH" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> = wrote
    in=20 message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= imus.com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <DVI>
    <DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To all cyclists who supported the = Critical Mass=20 ride
    through the Melbourne domain tunnel, <STRONG>thanks a = lot</STRONG>. As a=20 competative
    cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while = training=20 today because of your
    stupidity last night. Unfortunately many = motorist think=20 we are one in the same and
    have been giving more abuse today than we = normally=20 recieve just for sharing the road.
    Just a coincidence, I dont think = so!=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why don't you look at the = constructive lead taken=20
    by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use for all users. = They=20 lobbying Local
    and State governments in the provision of cycle safe = roads.=20 They also promote rides
    that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the = sport,=20 which in turn educates a large
    group of the population on the benifits = of=20 bicycle commuting and hence reduces the use
    of cars.</FONT></DIV>
    <DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You riders want a society with out = cars, its not=20 going to
    happen, get over it. What will happen with the publicity that = you=20 short sighted
    radicals get, is there will be a wider devide = between=20 motorist and us. This
    will just make it more dangerous to ride,=20 discourage people from riding and
    undo all the good BV and = simular groups=20 have achieved.</FONT></DIV>
    <DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SH</FONT></DIV>
    <DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DXV><FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0--

  3. David Sutton

    David Sutton Guest

    >To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
    >lot. As a competative cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while training today because
    >of your stupidity last night. Unfortunately many motorist think we are one in the same and have
    >been giving more abuse today than we normally recieve just for sharing the road. Just a
    >coincidence, I dont think so!

    For a start, you might want to get your facts straight. It was the BURNLEY Tunnel, not the Domain
    Tunnel. And any increase in abuse which you (allegedly) received can be put squarely on the
    shoulders of the apoplectic radio jocks who spent hours (literally) talking about how the world was
    going to end because people couldn't drive through their precious tunnel. For the record, here's
    some press clippings from AFTER the event which reflect the reality of the situation:

    Herald Sun "Police said the protest caused only a minor disruption and they were happy with the
    conduct of the protesters"

    The Age "VicRoads traffic controllers said the event did not seem to have caused congestion in other
    parts of the city" "After police drove through the closed tunnel at 6.30pm, the first five cyclists
    entered from Power Street at 6.35pm. The rest entered from Kings Way two minutes later. The tunnel
    was reopened at 7.15pm."

    So, far from the projected chaos on the roads, the resulting effect on traffic caused barely a
    ripple, according to the authorities. And the tunnel was closed for a total of 45 minutes -- far
    from the 2 hours which the radio jocks were screaming about.

    >Why don't you look at the constructive lead taken by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use
    >for all users. They lobbying Local and State governments in the provision of cycle safe roads.
    >They also promote rides that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, which in turn
    >educates a large group of the population on the benifits of bicycle commuting and hence reduces
    >the use of cars.

    Among the 20 or so Critical Mass riders that I am friendly with, we are involved in the following
    bicycle advocacy projects. Personally, I spend time working on almost every item on this list:

    * forming and running successful Bicycle User Groups (BUGs) to promote cycling and lobby for better
    cycling facilities
    * lobbying government & authorities at all levels, in conjunction with BV
    * producing educative and informational cycling newsletters and publications
    * sitting on local government cycling advisory committees
    * working with local government & BV to create Bike Plans for council areas
    * lobbying local council directly for bike lanes (many CM riders have been involved in a campaign to
    get lanes on Chapel St, which finally looks like it may happen)
    * maintaining cycling email lists & websites
    * writing articles for local newspapers and "BV News"
    * planning for a "Melbourne Bike Week" next summer
    * working on mode-shift programs which encourage people to consider cycling rather than driving
    * planning & hosting social rides open to the general public (and this is not even mentioning work
    by CM'ers in the areas of public transport & environmental advocacy)

    The vast bulk of this work is unpaid & voluntary, and involves a huge commitment of personal time
    from many diverse individuals. It would amount to hundreds of hours spent on cycling advocacy each
    month -- and that's only speaking for the 20 people that I know personally. I can't even begin to
    speak for the other 430 riders who were at CM last night.

    You are WAY off the mark when you paint us as outlaws. We work within the system 99% of the time,
    and often we work hand-in-hand with Bicycle Victoria. If you don't believe me, then ring up BV and
    ask them. And you moigyt be interested to know that although BV does not endorse Critical Mass (nor
    would we ever ask it to) there are many individuals who work for BV who ride in CM.

    We are not just activists, we are also advocates. Yet once a month when we put on our party hats at
    CM, people like you get up on your high horse and slag us off for being cowboys. Well, let me ask
    you, SH, what have you done lately to promote cycling or improve cycling facilities?

    >You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over it. What will happen
    >with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
    >motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and
    >undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

    I think YOU should get over it. Car use is an environmental, health, resource use, land use and
    pollution issue. It's time people realised that our current addiction to cars is completely
    unsustainable. And if it takes CM to do it, then fine.

    CM is global, and we're not going away. Come along to a CM ride some time (last Friday of the month,
    5.30pm, State Library) and experience the joy of it all. You might even like it!

  4. "SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over it. What will happen
    > with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
    > motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and
    > undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.
    >
    > SH
    >

    > --
    Very obvious- it will never be a car-free utopia almost anywhere in the world. They put in a newly
    paved part of the highway here in Santa Cruz and cannot wait a month before chopping it up and
    putting those bumpy unsafe patches all through it. Nice reason for going "car light". When the
    population swells to become a mini-Los Angeles here all I can do is grin and bear it, so not all
    riders live and breathe only leg power! I will keep my car keys handy, thank you.

    But may as well dream on. Let the talk shows curse bikes! Or that television applauding the 50 year
    birthday of Corvette. That seems to be the start of any division. Sad.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  5. Mitch Haley

    Mitch Haley Guest

    Christopher Jordan wrote:
    > Very obvious- it will never be a car-free utopia almost anywhere in the world.

    It will happen when industry and farming need more petro than we can pump. But I don't think it will
    be utopia if we aren't prepared for it.

    Mitch.

  6. Dedcat

    Dedcat Guest

    Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist. Rather than
    marching on foot with placards, this march takes place on two man-powered wheels. Its purpose is not
    to create a car-less utopia. Those who participate in it for that reason are idealists, and must
    have some clue that what they're hoping for will never ever happen. Critical Mass's real purpose is
    to show to the community that road cyclists are here, and that they have every right to be here, in
    a manner that the general public and local government cannot ignore.

    Many drivers and municipalities treat cyclists like a nuisance, rather than like the healthy
    alternative form of transport that they are. While cyclists may have the same rights to the road,
    streets are rarely designed with cyclists in mind, and drivers do their best to let cyclists know
    they are not welcome. Critical Mass is just another avenue to let people know there is a problem. If
    just a small portion of the people who participate in Critical Mass use it as just another avenue
    for getting their message out, and continue to lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe
    road programs in the meantime, then I say all power to them.

    I'm sure the civil rights protests of the past were viewed as a nuisance to some for their
    time as well.

    "SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... You riders
    want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over
    it. What will happen with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a
    wider devide between motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage
    people from riding and undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

  7. "DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist.
    Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no place here or anywhere. CM is a
    bunch of losers who don't have any good thing to say in the first place, let along distroying what
    us good cyclist have left. Thanks but NO THanks for you so called support.......

    Rather than marching on foot with placards, this march takes place
    > on two man-powered wheels. Its purpose is not to create a car-less utopia
    You're not doing that........your making it only harder for the legit cyclist to survive.

    who participate in it for that reason are idealists, and must have
    > some clue that what they're hoping for will never ever happen.
    They have no clue but disruption of the human race......plus 99% don't even know what a bike is!

    Critical
    > Mass's real purpose is to show to the community that road cyclists are
    here,
    > and that they have every right to be here, in a manner that the general public and local
    > government cannot ignore.

    They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and disruptors........that all.

    ike the healthy alternative form of transport that they are. While
    > cyclists may have the same rights to the road, streets are rarely designed with cyclists in mind,
    > and drivers do their best to let cyclists know they are not welcome. Critical Mass is just another
    > avenue to let people know there is a problem.
    The problem is CM itself.........we don't need your help.......you cause 100% more harm then good If
    just a small portion of the people who participate
    > in Critical Mass use it as just another avenue for getting their message out, and continue to
    > lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe road programs in the meantime, then I say all
    > power to them.
    Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER get the proper attention and
    will bring more resistance the help........I have experienced it.........NO thanks to you.

    > I'm sure the civil rights protests of the past were viewed as a nuisance
    > some for their time as well.

    Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
    help...........

    s want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over
    > it. What will happen with the publicity that you short sighted radicals
    get,
    > is there will be a wider devide between motorist and us. This will just
    make
    > it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and undo all the good BV and simular
    > groups have achieved.

  8. Scottjl

    Scottjl Guest

    Critical Mass n. 1. Yet another excuse for irresponsible behavior.

  9. [email protected] (ScottJL) wrote:

    >Critical Mass n. 1. Yet another excuse for irresponsible behavior.

  10. Dedcat

    Dedcat Guest

    "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no place here or anywhere. CM is
    > a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing to
    >> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and disruptors........that
    > all.
    > Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
    get
    > the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I have experienced
    > it.........NO thanks to you.
    > Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
    > help...........

    You've made four erroneous assumptions here.

    One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and you'll
    see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two about street
    riding as they are on the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.

    Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit arrogance
    in that statement is glaring. The are other cyclists in this world, and they all have much as much
    right to their opinion as you.

    Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not. The city I
    live in is well equipped for bicycles, and while I still think things can be better, they are not so
    deficient that I have felt the need to participate in a protest.

    And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be hidden away so that people
    will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed. I wonder how far black
    rights, gay rights, or anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so out of their way as to
    not interrupt in the slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such as yourself.

  11. Rattrigg

    Rattrigg Guest

    "SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride

    Critical Mass is nothing more then civil vandelism disguised as a protest/event. Other road users
    think that cyclists are a nuisence, and critical mass does nothing but justify that opinion.

    If you want to change the way things are, take off your hemp cycling jersy, turn down the phish cd
    and WORK to make it better.

  12. "DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no
    place
    > > here or anywhere. CM is a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing
    > >> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and
    disruptors........that
    > > all.
    > > Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
    > get
    > > the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I
    have
    > > experienced it.........NO thanks to you.
    > > Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
    > > help...........
    >
    > You've made four erroneous assumptions here.
    >
    > One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and
    > you'll see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two
    > about street riding as they are
    on
    > the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.
    >
    > Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit
    > arrogance in that statement is glaring.
    Never said my or the highway...........but there way is NO way!

    The are other
    > cyclists in this world, and they all have much as much right to their opinion as you.
    and that is your opinion.........right........one's opinion, just like mine

    > Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not.
    Then you should police your critical mass.........the few as you say........ruin it all
    for the good!

    The city I live in is well equipped for bicycles, and
    > while I still think things can be better, they are not so deficient that I have felt the need to
    > participate in a protest.
    Protest or social disorder? there is a difference.

    > And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be
    hidden
    > away so that people will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed.
    Yes...to get your rights.........you should stomp on others rights to get your point across........
    I think not! I wonder how far black rights, gay rights, or
    > anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so out of their way as to not interrupt in the
    > slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such as yourself.

    I know........wrote enough tickets for the MC in Sac.

  13. "DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no
    place
    > > here or anywhere. CM is a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing
    > >> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and
    disruptors........that
    > > all.
    > > Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
    > get
    > > the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I
    have
    > > experienced it.........NO thanks to you.
    > > Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
    > > help...........
    >
    > You've made four erroneous assumptions here.
    >
    > One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and
    > you'll see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two
    > about street riding as they are
    on
    > the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.
    >
    > Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit
    > arrogance in that statement is glaring. The are other cyclists in this world, and they all have
    > much as much right to their opinion as you.
    >
    > Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not. The city
    > I live in is well equipped for bicycles,
    and
    > while I still think things can be better, they are not so deficient that I have felt the need to
    > participate in a protest.
    >
    > And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be
    hidden
    > away so that people will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed. I
    > wonder how far black rights, gay rights, or anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so
    > out of their way as to not interrupt in the slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such
    > as yourself.

    Now retired and still a cyclist........ I dealt with MC in Sac.......on the law enforcement
    level..... I witness what they did and I was embarrassed at what they did. Being a bike
    cop........it was totally out of control and no respect for others. So how would you expect to get
    respect from the public.??????? I ride every day.......take part in USCF races...........etc.....
    the general consensus is they are a bunch of losers who have nothing else to do but disrupt peoples
    lives and make the bike a bad thing for the general public. They do nothing to help the cause of
    better bike lanes, bike paths, or better bike commute .... Most are a bunch of burnt out hippies who
    found a bike in an alley........then had an opportunity to disrupt the lives of others. That of
    course is generally speaking.........there were some good one's in the crowd......but being drown
    out by the losers... To bad for a cause.........

  14. Buck

    Buck Guest

    "DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:hBkLa.8544

    > Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist. Rather than
    > marching on foot with placards, this march takes place

    There is no doubt that critical mass participants have a right to protest. However, there is a big
    difference between protesting and disrupting. Protesting gets the word out that there is a group of
    people who are opposed to someone else's opinion or the way something is being done. Disrupting is
    making the normal order impossible because the "protestors" are blocking access.

    > out, and continue to lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe road programs in the
    > meantime, then I say all power to them.

    Lobby all you want. Have petition drives. Put up signs. Have cycling programs for kids. Get the
    transportation people to add more questions about bicycles on driver's exams. Work on stricter
    penalties for injuring or killing a cyclist with a car. Do all of these things, but please, don't
    jam up the roads in "protest." It does nothing to promote our rights to the road. But it certainly
    makes people mad.

    Personally, I don't want critical mass to be a reflection of me. They do not represent me. But their
    actions reflect on cyclists as a whole.

    -Buck

  15. "RattRigg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Critical Mass is nothing more then civil [vandalism] disguised as a protest/event.

    If this be civil vandalism, let us make the most of it.

    > Other road users think that cyclists are a [nuisance], and critical mass does nothing but justify
    > that opinion.

    Don't know about Oz, but here in California the only significant problems seem to occur when
    some politician (da mayor in SF, and some Asian SF supervisor whose name escapes me, Michael
    something) decides to try to get some ink by insisting the cops crack down, so they do, people
    get pushed around, feathers get ruffled, tempers rise. Either that or the cops are just bored,
    so they decide on their own to push people around.

    > If you want to change the way things are, take off your hemp cycling [jersey], turn down the phish
    > cd and WORK to make it better.

    Dude, more hemp and more Phish would make everything works lots better.

    Ride on,

    Rico Sackamenna (where it was only 101 degrees (38C) today, a break from yesterday's 105 (40.5C))

  16. Buck wrote:

    > ...there is a big difference between protesting and disrupting.

    Often there is not.

    > Lobby all you want. Have petition drives. Put up signs. Have cycling programs for kids. Get the
    > transportation people to add more questions about bicycles on driver's exams. Work on stricter
    > penalties for injuring or killing a cyclist with a car. Do all of these things, but please, don't
    > jam up the roads in "protest."

    Protest doesn't need quotes around it. It is just that.

    > It does nothing to promote our rights to the road. But it certainly makes people mad.

    In other words, do whatever you want, just don't do anything that might actually get people's
    attention.

    > Personally, I don't want critical mass to be a reflection of me. They do not represent me. But
    > their actions reflect on cyclists as a whole.

    Tough problem. Either they're just criminals who should be busted, or their gripes are
    legitimate, in which case you'd want to lend them a hand. Let us know which way you
    decide to go.

  17. "Rico X. Partay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:wotLa.723
    > Dude, more hemp and more Phish would make everything works lots better.

    Nonsense, you riff-raff are the reason elite roadies like me are not appreciated over here like we
    should be.

    And you types wonder why guys like me yell at you and throw things like our Silca mini pumps at you
    when you get in our way when we are out training.

    The trouble with your C.M. stuff is the motorist you tick off will see a top level cyclist like me
    later and only think of the damn hippie loser he saw in town, it won't register on him that I'm
    riding a pro bike with CX-7 Look pedals and hollow pin chain and wearing my team kit.

    If you want to cycle without obsessing about auto traffic then stay out of places bikes have no
    business being in, like the business areas, retail areas, urban areas, etc. You can put the bike on
    the roof rack and drive out to the good training roads. Use the car for getting to work and
    shopping, cycling is only about training and competing.

  18. "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Nonsense, you riff-raff are the reason elite roadies like me are not appreciated over here like we
    > should be.

    Fab! Long time no read. How are the new meds working out?

  19. "Rico X. Partay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B0uLa.797>
    > Fab! Long time no read. How are the new meds working out?

    Good, really.

    Only concern is my directeur sportif Giuseppe Martinelli has me using probenicid as the masking
    agent, and we all know that probenicid didn't do the trick for Stefano Garzelli last year.

  20. On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:33:11 +1000 in rec.bicycles.misc, "SH" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
    > lot. As a competative cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while training today
    > because of your stupidity last night.

    try commuting for a while and you'll understand that you get crap from cagers all the time. it's
    about time the cagers got the message.