Critical Mass Tunnel Freaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sh

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the = Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
lot. As a competative cyclist I have = had to put up with increase abuse while training today
because of your = stupidity last night. Unfortunately many motorist think we are one in = the same
and have been giving more abuse today than we normally recieve = just for sharing the road. Just a
coincidence, I dont think so!=20

Why don't you look at the constructive lead taken by Bicycle Victoria, = who promote safe road use
for all users. They lobbying Local and State = governments in the provision of cycle safe roads.
They also promote = rides that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, which in = turn
educates a large group of the population on the benifits of bicycle = commuting and hence reduces
the use of cars.

You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get = over it. What will happen
with the publicity that you short sighted = radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
motorist and us. = This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from = riding
and undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

SH

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
<DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To all cyclists who supported the = Critical Mass=20 ride through
the Melbourne domain tunnel, <STRONG>thanks a lot</STRONG>. = As a=20 competative cyclist I
have had to put up with increase abuse while = training=20 today because of your stupidity
last night. Unfortunately many motorist = think we=20 are one in the same and have been
giving more abuse today than we = normally=20 recieve just for sharing the road. Just a
coincidence, I dont think so!=20 </FONT></DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why don't you look at the constructive = lead taken=20
by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use for all users. They = lobbying=20 Local
and State governments in the provision of cycle safe roads. They = also=20 promote rides that
introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, = which in=20 turn educates a large group of
the population on the benifits of bicycle =

commuting and hence reduces the use of cars.</FONT></DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You riders want a society with out = cars, its not=20 going to
happen, get over it. What will happen with the publicity that = you short=20 sighted radicals
get, is there will be a wider devide between = motorist=20 and us. This will just
make it more dangerous to ride, discourage = people=20 from riding and undo all the
good BV and simular groups have=20 achieved.</FONT></DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SH</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C33D9B.58ADDB80--

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Well said and when will they ever learn? "SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride
through the = Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a lot. As a competative cyclist I have = had to put up
with increase abuse while training today because of your = stupidity last night. Unfortunately many
motorist think we are one in = the same and have been giving more abuse today than we normally
recieve = just for sharing the road. Just a coincidence, I dont think so!=20

Why don't you look at the constructive lead taken by Bicycle Victoria, = who promote safe road use
for all users. They lobbying Local and State = governments in the provision of cycle safe roads.
They also promote = rides that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, which in = turn
educates a large group of the population on the benifits of bicycle = commuting and hence reduces
the use of cars.

You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get = over it. What will happen
with the publicity that you short sighted = radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
motorist and us. = This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from = riding
and undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

SH

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well said and when will they ever=20 learn?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DV>"SH" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> = wrote
in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= imus.com.au</A>...</DIV>
<DVI>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To all cyclists who supported the = Critical Mass=20 ride
through the Melbourne domain tunnel, <STRONG>thanks a = lot</STRONG>. As a=20 competative
cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while = training=20 today because of your
stupidity last night. Unfortunately many = motorist think=20 we are one in the same and
have been giving more abuse today than we = normally=20 recieve just for sharing the road.
Just a coincidence, I dont think = so!=20 </FONT></DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why don't you look at the = constructive lead taken=20
by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use for all users. = They=20 lobbying Local
and State governments in the provision of cycle safe = roads.=20 They also promote rides
that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the = sport,=20 which in turn educates a large
group of the population on the benifits = of=20 bicycle commuting and hence reduces the use
of cars.</FONT></DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You riders want a society with out = cars, its not=20 going to
happen, get over it. What will happen with the publicity that = you=20 short sighted
radicals get, is there will be a wider devide = between=20 motorist and us. This
will just make it more dangerous to ride,=20 discourage people from riding and
undo all the good BV and = simular groups=20 have achieved.</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SH</FONT></DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2></FONT> </DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C33DBC.BE7524C0--

>To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
>lot. As a competative cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while training today because
>of your stupidity last night. Unfortunately many motorist think we are one in the same and have
>been giving more abuse today than we normally recieve just for sharing the road. Just a
>coincidence, I dont think so!

For a start, you might want to get your facts straight. It was the BURNLEY Tunnel, not the Domain
Tunnel. And any increase in abuse which you (allegedly) received can be put squarely on the
shoulders of the apoplectic radio jocks who spent hours (literally) talking about how the world was
going to end because people couldn't drive through their precious tunnel. For the record, here's
some press clippings from AFTER the event which reflect the reality of the situation:

Herald Sun "Police said the protest caused only a minor disruption and they were happy with the
conduct of the protesters"

The Age "VicRoads traffic controllers said the event did not seem to have caused congestion in other
parts of the city" "After police drove through the closed tunnel at 6.30pm, the first five cyclists
entered from Power Street at 6.35pm. The rest entered from Kings Way two minutes later. The tunnel
was reopened at 7.15pm."

So, far from the projected chaos on the roads, the resulting effect on traffic caused barely a
ripple, according to the authorities. And the tunnel was closed for a total of 45 minutes -- far
from the 2 hours which the radio jocks were screaming about.

>Why don't you look at the constructive lead taken by Bicycle Victoria, who promote safe road use
>for all users. They lobbying Local and State governments in the provision of cycle safe roads.
>They also promote rides that introduce thousands of non cyclist to the sport, which in turn
>educates a large group of the population on the benifits of bicycle commuting and hence reduces
>the use of cars.

Among the 20 or so Critical Mass riders that I am friendly with, we are involved in the following
bicycle advocacy projects. Personally, I spend time working on almost every item on this list:

* forming and running successful Bicycle User Groups (BUGs) to promote cycling and lobby for better
cycling facilities
* lobbying government & authorities at all levels, in conjunction with BV
* producing educative and informational cycling newsletters and publications
* sitting on local government cycling advisory committees
* working with local government & BV to create Bike Plans for council areas
* lobbying local council directly for bike lanes (many CM riders have been involved in a campaign to
get lanes on Chapel St, which finally looks like it may happen)
* maintaining cycling email lists & websites
* writing articles for local newspapers and "BV News"
* planning for a "Melbourne Bike Week" next summer
* working on mode-shift programs which encourage people to consider cycling rather than driving
* planning & hosting social rides open to the general public (and this is not even mentioning work
by CM'ers in the areas of public transport & environmental advocacy)

The vast bulk of this work is unpaid & voluntary, and involves a huge commitment of personal time
from many diverse individuals. It would amount to hundreds of hours spent on cycling advocacy each
month -- and that's only speaking for the 20 people that I know personally. I can't even begin to
speak for the other 430 riders who were at CM last night.

You are WAY off the mark when you paint us as outlaws. We work within the system 99% of the time,
and often we work hand-in-hand with Bicycle Victoria. If you don't believe me, then ring up BV and
ask them. And you moigyt be interested to know that although BV does not endorse Critical Mass (nor
would we ever ask it to) there are many individuals who work for BV who ride in CM.

We are not just activists, we are also advocates. Yet once a month when we put on our party hats at
CM, people like you get up on your high horse and **** us off for being cowboys. Well, let me ask
you, SH, what have you done lately to promote cycling or improve cycling facilities?

>You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over it. What will happen
>with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
>motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and
>undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

I think YOU should get over it. Car use is an environmental, health, resource use, land use and
pollution issue. It's time people realised that our current addiction to cars is completely
unsustainable. And if it takes CM to do it, then fine.

CM is global, and we're not going away. Come along to a CM ride some time (last Friday of the month,
5.30pm, State Library) and experience the joy of it all. You might even like it!

"SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> You riders want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over it. What will happen
> with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a wider devide between
> motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and
> undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.
>
> SH
>
>
> --
Very obvious- it will never be a car-free utopia almost anywhere in the world. They put in a newly
paved part of the highway here in Santa Cruz and cannot wait a month before chopping it up and
putting those bumpy unsafe patches all through it. Nice reason for going "car light". When the
population swells to become a mini-Los Angeles here all I can do is grin and bear it, so not all
riders live and breathe only leg power! I will keep my car keys handy, thank you.

But may as well dream on. Let the talk shows curse bikes! Or that television applauding the 50 year
birthday of Corvette. That seems to be the start of any division. Sad.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Christopher Jordan wrote:
> Very obvious- it will never be a car-free utopia almost anywhere in the world.

It will happen when industry and farming need more petro than we can pump. But I don't think it will
be utopia if we aren't prepared for it.

Mitch.

Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist. Rather than
marching on foot with placards, this march takes place on two man-powered wheels. Its purpose is not
to create a car-less utopia. Those who participate in it for that reason are idealists, and must
have some clue that what they're hoping for will never ever happen. Critical Mass's real purpose is
to show to the community that road cyclists are here, and that they have every right to be here, in
a manner that the general public and local government cannot ignore.

Many drivers and municipalities treat cyclists like a nuisance, rather than like the healthy
alternative form of transport that they are. While cyclists may have the same rights to the road,
streets are rarely designed with cyclists in mind, and drivers do their best to let cyclists know
they are not welcome. Critical Mass is just another avenue to let people know there is a problem. If
just a small portion of the people who participate in Critical Mass use it as just another avenue
for getting their message out, and continue to lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe
road programs in the meantime, then I say all power to them.

I'm sure the civil rights protests of the past were viewed as a nuisance to some for their
time as well.

"SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... You riders
want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over
it. What will happen with the publicity that you short sighted radicals get, is there will be a
wider devide between motorist and us. This will just make it more dangerous to ride, discourage
people from riding and undo all the good BV and simular groups have achieved.

"DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist.
Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no place here or anywhere. CM is a
bunch of losers who don't have any good thing to say in the first place, let along distroying what
us good cyclist have left. Thanks but NO THanks for you so called support.......

Rather than marching on foot with placards, this march takes place
> on two man-powered wheels. Its purpose is not to create a car-less utopia
You're not doing that........your making it only harder for the legit cyclist to survive.

who participate in it for that reason are idealists, and must have
> some clue that what they're hoping for will never ever happen.
They have no clue but disruption of the human race......plus 99% don't even know what a bike is!

Critical
> Mass's real purpose is to show to the community that road cyclists are
here,
> and that they have every right to be here, in a manner that the general public and local
> government cannot ignore.

They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and disruptors........that all.

ike the healthy alternative form of transport that they are. While
> cyclists may have the same rights to the road, streets are rarely designed with cyclists in mind,
> and drivers do their best to let cyclists know they are not welcome. Critical Mass is just another
> avenue to let people know there is a problem.
The problem is CM itself.........we don't need your help.......you cause 100% more harm then good If
just a small portion of the people who participate
> in Critical Mass use it as just another avenue for getting their message out, and continue to
> lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe road programs in the meantime, then I say all
> power to them.
Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER get the proper attention and
will bring more resistance the help........I have experienced it.........NO thanks to you.

>
> I'm sure the civil rights protests of the past were viewed as a nuisance
to
> some for their time as well.

Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
help...........

s want a society with out cars, its not going to happen, get over
> it. What will happen with the publicity that you short sighted radicals
get,
> is there will be a wider devide between motorist and us. This will just
make
> it more dangerous to ride, discourage people from riding and undo all the good BV and simular
> groups have achieved.

Critical Mass n. 1. Yet another excuse for irresponsible behavior.

"Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no place here or anywhere. CM is
> a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing to
>> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and disruptors........that
> all.
> Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
get
> the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I have experienced
> it.........NO thanks to you.
> Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
> help...........

You've made four erroneous assumptions here.

One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and you'll
see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two about street
riding as they are on the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.

Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit arrogance
in that statement is glaring. The are other cyclists in this world, and they all have much as much
right to their opinion as you.

Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not. The city I
live in is well equipped for bicycles, and while I still think things can be better, they are not so
deficient that I have felt the need to participate in a protest.

And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be hidden away so that people
will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed. I wonder how far black
rights, gay rights, or anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so out of their way as to
not interrupt in the slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such as yourself.

"SH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride

Critical Mass is nothing more then civil vandelism disguised as a protest/event. Other road users
think that cyclists are a nuisence, and critical mass does nothing but justify that opinion.

If you want to change the way things are, take off your hemp cycling jersy, turn down the phish cd
and WORK to make it better.

> "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no
place
> > here or anywhere. CM is a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing
to
> ...
> >> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and
disruptors........that
> > all.
> ...
> > Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
> get
> > the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I
have
> > experienced it.........NO thanks to you.
> ...
> > Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
> > help...........
>
> You've made four erroneous assumptions here.
>
> One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and
> you'll see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two
> about street riding as they are
on
> the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.
>
> Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit
> arrogance in that statement is glaring.
Never said my or the highway...........but there way is NO way!

The are other
> cyclists in this world, and they all have much as much right to their opinion as you.
and that is your opinion.........right........one's opinion, just like mine
>
> Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not.
Then you should police your critical mass.........the few as you say........ruin it all
for the good!

The city I live in is well equipped for bicycles, and
> while I still think things can be better, they are not so deficient that I have felt the need to
> participate in a protest.
Protest or social disorder? there is a difference.
>
> And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be
hidden
> away so that people will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed.
Yes...to get your rights.........you should stomp on others rights to get your point across........
I think not! I wonder how far black rights, gay rights, or
> anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so out of their way as to not interrupt in the
> slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such as yourself.

I know........wrote enough tickets for the MC in Sac.

> "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Yes it does.......but when it stomps on others rights......it has no
place
> > here or anywhere. CM is a bunch of losers who don't have any good thing
to
> ...
> >> They are not road cyclist......the are rogues and
disruptors........that
> > all.
> ...
> > Yes we need more bike lanes, etc.......but CM way of protest will NEVER
> get
> > the proper attention and will bring more resistance the help........I
have
> > experienced it.........NO thanks to you.
> ...
> > Yes they were............and did they get what they wanted...........no! Not with your
> > help...........
>
> You've made four erroneous assumptions here.
>
> One is that all participants in a critical mass protest are hooligans. Watch one one day and
> you'll see that while a good number of them are bike couriers (who should know a thing or two
> about street riding as they are
on
> the road in the downtown core all day long), they are not all ruffians.
>
> Two is the ignorant assumption number two is that your way is the only way... the inherit
> arrogance in that statement is glaring. The are other cyclists in this world, and they all have
> much as much right to their opinion as you.
>
> Three, that I am a ruffian and an active participant in critical mass protests. I am not. The city
> I live in is well equipped for bicycles,
and
> while I still think things can be better, they are not so deficient that I have felt the need to
> participate in a protest.
>
> And lastly, you seem to have the bizarre idea that protests should be
hidden
> away so that people will not be inconvenienced with the message that is trying to be conveyed. I
> wonder how far black rights, gay rights, or anti-war movements would have gotten if people went so
> out of their way as to not interrupt in the slightest the daily routine of the average schmoe such
> as yourself.

Now retired and still a cyclist........ I dealt with MC in Sac.......on the law enforcement
level..... I witness what they did and I was embarrassed at what they did. Being a bike
cop........it was totally out of control and no respect for others. So how would you expect to get
respect from the public.??????? I ride every day.......take part in USCF races...........etc.....
the general consensus is they are a bunch of losers who have nothing else to do but disrupt peoples
lives and make the bike a bad thing for the general public. They do nothing to help the cause of
better bike lanes, bike paths, or better bike commute .... Most are a bunch of burnt out hippies who
found a bike in an alley........then had an opportunity to disrupt the lives of others. That of
course is generally speaking.........there were some good one's in the crowd......but being drown
out by the losers... To bad for a cause.........

"DedCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:hBkLa.8544

> Critical Mass is a protest, just like any other, and it has every right to exist. Rather than
> marching on foot with placards, this march takes place

There is no doubt that critical mass participants have a right to protest. However, there is a big
difference between protesting and disrupting. Protesting gets the word out that there is a group of
people who are opposed to someone else's opinion or the way something is being done. Disrupting is
making the normal order impossible because the "protestors" are blocking access.

> out, and continue to lobby their government for more bike lanes and safe road programs in the
> meantime, then I say all power to them.

Lobby all you want. Have petition drives. Put up signs. Have cycling programs for kids. Get the
transportation people to add more questions about bicycles on driver's exams. Work on stricter
penalties for injuring or killing a cyclist with a car. Do all of these things, but please, don't
jam up the roads in "protest." It does nothing to promote our rights to the road. But it certainly
makes people mad.

Personally, I don't want critical mass to be a reflection of me. They do not represent me. But their
actions reflect on cyclists as a whole.

-Buck

"RattRigg" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Critical Mass is nothing more then civil [vandalism] disguised as a protest/event.

If this be civil vandalism, let us make the most of it.

> Other road users think that cyclists are a [nuisance], and critical mass does nothing but justify
> that opinion.

Don't know about Oz, but here in California the only significant problems seem to occur when
some politician (da mayor in SF, and some Asian SF supervisor whose name escapes me, Michael
something) decides to try to get some ink by insisting the cops crack down, so they do, people
get pushed around, feathers get ruffled, tempers rise. Either that or the cops are just bored,
so they decide on their own to push people around.

> If you want to change the way things are, take off your hemp cycling [jersey], turn down the phish
> cd and WORK to make it better.

Dude, more hemp and more Phish would make everything works lots better.

Ride on,

Rico Sackamenna (where it was only 101 degrees (38C) today, a break from yesterday's 105 (40.5C))

Buck wrote:

> ...there is a big difference between protesting and disrupting.

Often there is not.

> Lobby all you want. Have petition drives. Put up signs. Have cycling programs for kids. Get the
> transportation people to add more questions about bicycles on driver's exams. Work on stricter
> penalties for injuring or killing a cyclist with a car. Do all of these things, but please, don't
> jam up the roads in "protest."

Protest doesn't need quotes around it. It is just that.

> It does nothing to promote our rights to the road. But it certainly makes people mad.

In other words, do whatever you want, just don't do anything that might actually get people's
attention.

> Personally, I don't want critical mass to be a reflection of me. They do not represent me. But
> their actions reflect on cyclists as a whole.

Tough problem. Either they're just criminals who should be busted, or their gripes are
legitimate, in which case you'd want to lend them a hand. Let us know which way you
decide to go.

"Rico X. Partay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:wotLa.723
> Dude, more hemp and more Phish would make everything works lots better.
>
Nonsense, you riff-raff are the reason elite roadies like me are not appreciated over here like we
should be.

And you types wonder why guys like me yell at you and throw things like our Silca mini pumps at you
when you get in our way when we are out training.

The trouble with your C.M. stuff is the motorist you tick off will see a top level cyclist like me
later and only think of the damn hippie loser he saw in town, it won't register on him that I'm
riding a pro bike with CX-7 Look pedals and hollow pin chain and wearing my team kit.

If you want to cycle without obsessing about auto traffic then stay out of places bikes have no
business being in, like the business areas, retail areas, urban areas, etc. You can put the bike on
the roof rack and drive out to the good training roads. Use the car for getting to work and
shopping, cycling is only about training and competing.

"Rico X. Partay" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:B0uLa.797>
> Fab! Long time no read. How are the new meds working out?
>
>
Good, really.

Only concern is my directeur sportif Giuseppe Martinelli has me using probenicid as the masking
agent, and we all know that probenicid didn't do the trick for Stefano Garzelli last year.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:33:11 +1000 in rec.bicycles.misc, "SH" <[email protected]> wrote:

> To all cyclists who supported the Critical Mass ride through the Melbourne domain tunnel, thanks a
> lot. As a competative cyclist I have had to put up with increase abuse while training today
> because of your stupidity last night.

try commuting for a while and you'll understand that you get **** from cagers all the time. it's
about time the cagers got the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.