Critique my race video

boisestate

Jul 18, 2011
I'm interested to know what the members of the forum have to say about this race video. I have been using a different forum and have found that I am getting trolled more than would be reasonable to expect. So, I put it here in hopes of starting a dialogue about racing, cycling video production, tactics, fitness, etc. If your criticism is constructive, I look forward to it.

This is a race I did with a six camera shoot. I had three cameras on the bike and three off. It was actually quite easy to set up.

I have taken the 40 minute race and compress it down into seven interesting minutes. As such, you will miss lots of laps where nothing substantial is going on.

Let me know what you think.

Haven't watched the vid yet but thankfully there's not much trolling around here. It's usually limited to just a couple lonely souls.

Just watched - very nice setup. One of the better vids I've seen. My condolences on the lack of scenery, I'm not a huge fan of cone courses. The finish happens a little quickly though and I had to rewind a couple times to make sure i caught it. One thing I still can't get used to in many vids are the teeny fields - the Cat4 races in my parts usually max out every time at 110 riders, even the local stuff.

Btw, thanks very much for listing your cams. One of the other producers of cycling vids on youtube whose vids I really enjoy keeps his camera a secret but a still pic of himself is shown, albeit quite grainy, with the cam on his helmet. I really liked the quality of his movies and had started a thread awhile back asking what folks use but nothing came close to the silhouette. I'm pretty sure the ContourROAM is it.