CritUSA Anyone else had "non" Deals?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark, May 3, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi Folks, From many of your high recommendations of CritUSA, I agreed,
    prices seemed swell, and comments/opinions of the "Boss Man" in a
    google search are flawless.

    Well, I wrote, and the owner didn't have what I first initially wanted
    (Open Corsa CX) but we both came to terms and agreed on a pair of the
    Michelin Pro Race Tires,and 2 tubes to go with.

    Asked to give me his address, and I'd gladly mail a MO Payment.... no
    address....nothing.

    Then I asked if it was his intention that he would send the
    merchandise first?
    I forwarded my name, and address, and told him to go ahead, and
    ship....

    Basically, I got no confirmation of recieving my letters. Then 2-2/12
    weeks later, get a message that he'd be out of town, and he was going
    to ship out stuff before he left.

    Again, I gave him thhe go ahead to ship..... nothing. More eeks went
    by.

    What little email I had gotten over the weeks seemed very vague.
    And here I am waiting, waiting, waiting........nothing. My last
    letter clearly explained that I would've liked to recieve these tires
    before I take my pension.... Still, no reply.... nothing.

    I'm sorry if I'm just the little guy here, only wishing to buy a
    couple of measly Tires+Tubes. I'm sorry Dan that I don't own a
    complete pro team that is in need of tires for all their bikes, making
    it a better use of your time.

    I do see though, that you do find time to advertise your merchandise
    virtually every day, so perhaps you'll maybe find the time to explain
    to me here why this happened? I await your answer. Mark D.

    Tags:

  2. cal

    cal Guest

    Mark:

    Something must reall be seriusly out of whack here. I have had 100%
    perfect experience with CritUSA. Quick responses to questions, quick
    fulfillment of all orders.

    You might condsider looking at other things, like emails not reaching
    Dan, or his not reaching you. It seems something is amiss.

    I'm just a "little guy", too and I've never had better service
    anywhere than CritUSA.

    cal

    On 3 May 2004 20:34:31 -0700, [email protected] (Mark) wrote:

    >Hi Folks, From many of your high recommendations of CritUSA, I agreed,
    >prices seemed swell, and comments/opinions of the "Boss Man" in a
    >google search are flawless.
    >
    >Well, I wrote, and the owner didn't have what I first initially wanted
    >(Open Corsa CX) but we both came to terms and agreed on a pair of the
    >Michelin Pro Race Tires,and 2 tubes to go with.
    >
    >Asked to give me his address, and I'd gladly mail a MO Payment.... no
    >address....nothing.
    >
    >Then I asked if it was his intention that he would send the
    >merchandise first?
    >I forwarded my name, and address, and told him to go ahead, and
    >ship....
    >
    >Basically, I got no confirmation of recieving my letters. Then 2-2/12
    >weeks later, get a message that he'd be out of town, and he was going
    >to ship out stuff before he left.
    >
    >Again, I gave him thhe go ahead to ship..... nothing. More eeks went
    >by.
    >
    >What little email I had gotten over the weeks seemed very vague.
    >And here I am waiting, waiting, waiting........nothing. My last
    >letter clearly explained that I would've liked to recieve these tires
    >before I take my pension.... Still, no reply.... nothing.
    >
    >I'm sorry if I'm just the little guy here, only wishing to buy a
    >couple of measly Tires+Tubes. I'm sorry Dan that I don't own a
    >complete pro team that is in need of tires for all their bikes, making
    >it a better use of your time.
    >
    >I do see though, that you do find time to advertise your merchandise
    >virtually every day, so perhaps you'll maybe find the time to explain
    >to me here why this happened? I await your answer. Mark D.

  3. "cal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mark:
    >
    > Something must reall be seriusly out of whack here. I have had 100%
    > perfect experience with CritUSA. Quick responses to questions, quick
    > fulfillment of all orders.
    >
    > You might condsider looking at other things, like emails not reaching
    > Dan, or his not reaching you. It seems something is amiss.
    >
    > I'm just a "little guy", too and I've never had better service
    > anywhere than CritUSA.
    >
    > cal
    >

    > On 3 May 2004 20:34:31 -0700, [email protected] (Mark) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi Folks, From many of your high recommendations of CritUSA, I agreed,
    > >prices seemed swell, and comments/opinions of the "Boss Man" in a
    > >google search are flawless.
    > >
    > >Well, I wrote, and the owner didn't have what I first initially wanted
    > >(Open Corsa CX) but we both came to terms and agreed on a pair of the
    > >Michelin Pro Race Tires,and 2 tubes to go with.
    > >
    > >Asked to give me his address, and I'd gladly mail a MO Payment.... no
    > >address....nothing.
    > >
    > >Then I asked if it was his intention that he would send the
    > >merchandise first?
    > >I forwarded my name, and address, and told him to go ahead, and
    > >ship....
    > >
    > >Basically, I got no confirmation of recieving my letters. Then 2-2/12
    > >weeks later, get a message that he'd be out of town, and he was going
    > >to ship out stuff before he left.
    > >
    > >Again, I gave him thhe go ahead to ship..... nothing. More eeks went
    > >by.
    > >
    > >What little email I had gotten over the weeks seemed very vague.
    > >And here I am waiting, waiting, waiting........nothing. My last
    > >letter clearly explained that I would've liked to recieve these tires
    > >before I take my pension.... Still, no reply.... nothing.
    > >
    > >I'm sorry if I'm just the little guy here, only wishing to buy a
    > >couple of measly Tires+Tubes. I'm sorry Dan that I don't own a
    > >complete pro team that is in need of tires for all their bikes, making
    > >it a better use of your time.
    > >
    > >I do see though, that you do find time to advertise your merchandise
    > >virtually every day, so perhaps you'll maybe find the time to explain
    > >to me here why this happened? I await your answer. Mark D.

    I have no idea if this may be the cause, but an increasing number of people
    are using spam filters. They often of the score set very low, and
    consequently solicited email they are expecting from companies gets filtered
    out. If you are using a spam filter, check the directory in which it dumps
    suspected spam. The email you expected could be in there.

  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi Cal, thank you for your response.

    You may be very correct about this. I see that Dan uses AOL, and I can
    remember years ago, when I was a Web-TV'er, that I had nothing but
    trouble trying to correspond with AOL folks.

    It is very possible that 1/2 my letters never reached him?

    Had he at least given me a number to call, it would've been an easy
    matter to straighten things out with him, and "Phone" the order.

    I'm sure as you say, that Danny is Top Shelf. There's just too many
    100% seatisfied customers to doubt this.

    I felt that I never gotten closure at all from Danny one way, or
    another.
    At least if he had told me that I don't want you business, and go
    elsewhere to buy your goods, I would've understood, but yet nothing
    from him at all.

    This is what I found so strange. I was hoping he would perhaps come
    here to expain things, and maybe he will in this thread? We'll see I
    guess. Mark D.
    cal <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mark:
    >
    > Something must reall be seriusly out of whack here. I have had 100%
    > perfect experience with CritUSA. Quick responses to questions, quick
    > fulfillment of all orders.
    >
    > You might condsider looking at other things, like emails not reaching
    > Dan, or his not reaching you. It seems something is amiss.
    >
    > I'm just a "little guy", too and I've never had better service
    > anywhere than CritUSA.
    >
    > cal
    >

    > On 3 May 2004 20:34:31 -0700, [email protected] (Mark) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi Folks, From many of your high recommendations of CritUSA, I agreed,
    > >prices seemed swell, and comments/opinions of the "Boss Man" in a
    > >google search are flawless.
    > >
    > >Well, I wrote, and the owner didn't have what I first initially wanted
    > >(Open Corsa CX) but we both came to terms and agreed on a pair of the
    > >Michelin Pro Race Tires,and 2 tubes to go with.
    > >
    > >Asked to give me his address, and I'd gladly mail a MO Payment.... no
    > >address....nothing.
    > >
    > >Then I asked if it was his intention that he would send the
    > >merchandise first?
    > >I forwarded my name, and address, and told him to go ahead, and
    > >ship....
    > >
    > >Basically, I got no confirmation of recieving my letters. Then 2-2/12
    > >weeks later, get a message that he'd be out of town, and he was going
    > >to ship out stuff before he left.
    > >
    > >Again, I gave him thhe go ahead to ship..... nothing. More eeks went
    > >by.
    > >
    > >What little email I had gotten over the weeks seemed very vague.
    > >And here I am waiting, waiting, waiting........nothing. My last
    > >letter clearly explained that I would've liked to recieve these tires
    > >before I take my pension.... Still, no reply.... nothing.
    > >
    > >I'm sorry if I'm just the little guy here, only wishing to buy a
    > >couple of measly Tires+Tubes. I'm sorry Dan that I don't own a
    > >complete pro team that is in need of tires for all their bikes, making
    > >it a better use of your time.
    > >
    > >I do see though, that you do find time to advertise your merchandise
    > >virtually every day, so perhaps you'll maybe find the time to explain
    > >to me here why this happened? I await your answer. Mark D.

  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hello, May I ask you folks how you have done business with CritUSA?
    Had you been sent the merchandise first, and then send out payment
    after? Or?

    I quite sure Dan did indeed have my name, and address to ship the
    tires to.

    There didn't seem to be any question about that.

    I said YES! Send them to me many, many times. Nothing ever came. I
    began to wonder too, if the Tires/Tubes were perhaps shipped, and got
    lost somehow, but I would've thought too after awhile, I would've
    heard something from Dan asking if I had recieved my Merchandise, and
    why I hadn't sent payment?

    I'm sorry if in some way, I'm appearing to be the "Bad Guy" here, as
    I'm really not.

    One should hopefully not have to wait eons to recieve merchandise from
    a vendor, or constantly have to twist thier arms, and this certainly
    appears what CritUSA seems to have done with me.

    A customer surely should have product in hand when he/she needs it,
    and not when a vendor seems to be able to find the time at his/her own
    convenience and chooses to "Get Around" to it.

    As another example, when I have dealt with folks such as Brandford
    Bike, I cannot stress how amazingly fast I recieve merchandise from
    them! 2-3 days at most. Mark D.

  6. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Mark)

    >I'm sorry if in some way, I'm appearing to be the "Bad Guy" here, as
    >I'm really not.

    A question: Why the posts here instead of r.b.marketplace (Where Danny puts up

    Please straighten things out privately. Danny's AOL addy worked fine for me
    today, as did my AOL addy for him.

    Do please let us know, and those at marketplace, should you have also posted
    there in regards to this matter, how things turn out. Thank you.
    --Tom Paterson