crock pot recipes

> Perhaps you can create one of your own. Others might add to or change my
> suggestion: If you have a heavy, heavy dutch cast-iron pot, with a tight
> lid (they usually have spikes in the lid which helps to drop the water back
> into the pot), get a separate burner (I don't know why that's essential, but
> just in my mind) and put it on one speed (lowest) for hours and hours; you
> might even add one of the asbestos-type thingies to put on top of your
> burner to make the heat more consistent. You could even further insulate it
> by wrapping a few layers of aluminum around it. I like to put my separate
> burner outside for cooking.
> Then you could make a haphazard decision if you would really like one; and
> maybe someone from the UK might mail you one, or gift you with one of their
> old ones.
> Another thought, there might be one on ebay in the Netherlands? don't know.
> Dee Dee

I have a cast iron Creuset-style pot that I could use for this, so thank
you for this explanation. Do you know whether this method would lead to
different results than straightforward stewing in tat same pot, using a
thingie underneath to reduce the heat from the flame?

IME, using that thingie plus a very small flame is just right for
keeping the temperature at/just below simmering. I do need to keep an
eye on it, though. And I wouldn't want to leave the pot unattended for
many hours like I would dare with a crockpot.

I'm going to have to try this one. :)
I hate turning on my oven, but do like meatloaf!

I'll have to get a new crockpot. I gave mine away.....

--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson