Crockpot Style Barbecue Beef Recipe

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Karla Friesen, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Crockpot Style Barbecue Beef Recipes

    Cook this dish in your crockpot and take the work out of cooking

    Ingredients:

    3 lb lean beef stew meat
    16 oz can whole tomatoes
    6 oz can tomato paste
    16 oz bottle barbecue sauce
    1/2 stick margarine

    Preparation:

    1. Mix all ingredients together and add to crockpot.
    2. Cook on low for 8 hours.

    Author Information:
    Provided by Chad Casselman
    Editor / Chef
    http://www.myrecipesource.com

    Tags:

  2. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    Cool! You should repost this over on alt.food.barbecue!

    Best regards,
    Bob

    Karla Friesen wrote:
    > Crockpot Style Barbecue Beef Recipes
    >
    > Cook this dish in your crockpot and take the work out of cooking
    >
    > Ingredients:
    >
    > 3 lb lean beef stew meat
    > 16 oz can whole tomatoes
    > 6 oz can tomato paste
    > 16 oz bottle barbecue sauce
    > 1/2 stick margarine
    >
    > Preparation:
    >
    > 1. Mix all ingredients together and add to crockpot.
    > 2. Cook on low for 8 hours.
    >
    > Author Information:
    > Provided by Chad Casselman
    > Editor / Chef
    > http://www.myrecipesource.com

  3. On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:35:00 -0500, zxcvbob <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Cool! You should repost this over on alt.food.barbecue!

    Wow, you're mean.

    I like that in a person.

    ;-)

    serene

  4. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Boozie Floozie wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:35:00 -0500, zxcvbob <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Cool! You should repost this over on alt.food.barbecue!

    > Wow, you're mean.
    >
    > I like that in a person.
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > serene

    LOL Let's make one thing clear, folks. The word barbecue/barbeque and the
    acronym BBQ doesn't necessarily mean it's cooked on a grill or in a smoker
    to all the people, all the time. It can just mean BBQ *sauce* in a recipe.
    Now, I happen to think of barbeque'd being cooked on a grill and Q as smoked
    meat, cooked long and slow. And I don't like barbeque *sauce*. But we're
    not so stupid we can't make the distinction.

    Jill

  5. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:RXA%[email protected]:

    > Boozie Floozie wrote:
    >> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:35:00 -0500, zxcvbob <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Cool! You should repost this over on alt.food.barbecue!

    >> Wow, you're mean.
    >>
    >> I like that in a person.
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> serene

    > LOL Let's make one thing clear, folks. The word barbecue/barbeque
    > and the acronym BBQ doesn't necessarily mean it's cooked on a grill or
    > in a smoker to all the people, all the time. It can just mean BBQ
    > *sauce* in a recipe. Now, I happen to think of barbeque'd being cooked
    > on a grill and Q as smoked meat, cooked long and slow. And I don't
    > like barbeque *sauce*. But we're not so stupid we can't make the
    > distinction.

    The key word in the subject is STYLE.

    --

    Charles
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved

  6. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Charles Quinn wrote:
    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:RXA%[email protected]:
    >
    >> Boozie Floozie wrote:

    >>> Wow, you're mean.
    >>>
    >>> I like that in a person.
    >>>
    >>> ;-)
    >>>
    >>> serene

    >> LOL Let's make one thing clear, folks. The word barbecue/barbeque
    >> and the acronym BBQ doesn't necessarily mean it's cooked on a grill
    >> or in a smoker to all the people, all the time. It can just mean BBQ
    >> *sauce* in a recipe. Now, I happen to think of barbeque'd being
    >> cooked on a grill and Q as smoked meat, cooked long and slow. And I
    >> don't like barbeque *sauce*. But we're not so stupid we can't make
    >> the distinction.

    > The key word in the subject is STYLE.

    I thought the key word was Crock Pot and then STYLE. Some people just
    obsess over the whole barbecue thing. It's like a disease. Get over it!
    (not you, Charles) Not everything must be grilled or smoked!

    Jill