Cross brake lever/cable housing fiasco...

Peugamatic

Mar 25, 2010
Howdy...

I'm new to all this 'Forum' jazz. But here goes....

So, I'm attempting to rig up some cross brake levers on some drop bars. However, I'm having issues with the drop brake levers. The brake cable emerges from the TOP of the drop brake levers. Is it possible to route my brake cables under the bar tape so that I can get it to the cross top levers? More importantly, does any of this make sense?

Thanks.

I'm guessing you have levers of the old style with "flying" cables (which pass through the air rather than running under the bar tape)?

If so then there's no way it will work without getting messy. You would need some newer levers.

More modern levers have the cables exiting from the inside-rear of the lever body so that it can be routed around the front of the bars.

Peugamatic said:
Howdy...

I'm new to all this 'Forum' jazz. But here goes....

So, I'm attempting to rig up some cross brake levers on some drop bars. However, I'm having issues with the drop brake levers. The brake cable emerges from the TOP of the drop brake levers. Is it possible to route my brake cables under the bar tape so that I can get it to the cross top levers? More importantly, does any of this make sense?

Thanks.

Makes sense but you need 'aero' brake levers to be able to use the cross levers.

Tektro, about $30.