Cross-Comfort / Hybrid Bikes

james29

Apr 24, 2006
All,

I am looking to purchase my first cross-comfort/hybrid bicycle and am having a hard time deciding on which bike company to go with. I am looking to spend about $300, give or take, and have heard that Trek and Mongoose are reliable and durable. Also, I would also like to get a hybrid for my girlfriend too. Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just bought a Trek 7200 Hybrid back in February & it is terrific! I have already put over 100 miles on it. It is durable & easy to ride. My main reason for going with the hybrid was because I was unsure if I was going to be doing more road or trail riding. So far, I've done both but mainly road. I'm ready to move up to a dedicated road bike. I ride with a road bike group most of the time. Go with the Trek. You will not be sorry. :)
Theresa

All,

I am looking to purchase my first cross-comfort/hybrid bicycle and am having a hard time deciding on which bike company to go with. I am looking to spend about $300, give or take, and have heard that Trek and Mongoose are reliable and durable. Also, I would also like to get a hybrid for my girlfriend too. Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]