Cross Dressing Brake Lever Hoods

Hoods for Cane Creek SCR 5 fit Tektro R100. (No kidding.)

What else will these fit?

And more generally is there a cross-compatibility someone has
published for other brake lever hoods and levers?

Harry Travis
Wash, DC USA

On Mar 29, 8:59 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hoods for Cane Creek SCR 5 fit Tektro R100. (No kidding.)
>
> What else will these fit?
>
> And more generally is there a cross-compatibility someone has
> published for other brake lever hoods and levers?
>
> Harry Travis
> Wash, DC USA

I tried them on some Campy Ergos after cutting a slot for a thumb
lever (I wanted gum hoods). Not even close, despite how similar they
look, and even with extensive trimming of the internal ridges and
guides.

What the heck, it was worth $10 just to find out...

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hoods for Cane Creek SCR 5 fit Tektro R100. (No kidding.)

Hardly surprising as they are the same lever. What Cane Creek sell is the
Tektro lever with their own hoods.

Nick