cross nats? anyone?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> We just need 9 more for the price break,

I'll take one.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > > That's one! Well, two. I'd definitely do one. And I think we'll pretend
> > > Don is already in.
> > >
> > > We just need 9 more for the price break,

> > Well the shipping would probably cost more than the jersey, but what the
> > hell....

> I actually checked: shipping appears to be $7 for US addresses, $8.08 to
> Canada (which is almost certainly regular post).
>
> I'll have to pester the proprietor to see if he can do something
> annoying like ship an order of 12 jerseys to 12 separate addresses. It's
> probably a pain for him, but I'll tell him it's for a good cause.
>
> Mocking the fight against cancer is a good cause, right?

I'll drink to that.

--
Michael Press

Kyle Legate wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> >
> > We just need 9 more for the price break,
> >

> I'll take one.

Me too.

It says you can mix styles to reach the quantity discount.

I would be curious about anybody's experience with these
jerseys and shrinkage after washing; some wool jerseys do
that so you have take it into account when sizing.

Or you can just never wash your jersey - that's the
old-school way.

Ben

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> I'll have to pester the proprietor to see if he can do something
> annoying like ship an order of 12 jerseys to 12 separate addresses. It's
> probably a pain for him, but I'll tell him it's for a good cause.
>
> Mocking the fight against cancer is a good cause, right?

You know, it just occurred to me that you should offer to
license him to sell LIVEDRUNK jerseys. There's probably
literally (Paul Sherwen style) hundreds of cyclists out there
on the internets just waiting to buy such a thing if they knew
it existed.

Register the trademark now ... or at least claim a copyright.

Ben
Capitalist Pig

[email protected] wrote:
> Or you can just never wash your jersey - that's the
> old-school way.

Better make sure you don't perform any vomit experiments then.

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
>
> > I'll have to pester the proprietor to see if he can do something
> > annoying like ship an order of 12 jerseys to 12 separate addresses. It's
> > probably a pain for him, but I'll tell him it's for a good cause.
> >
> > Mocking the fight against cancer is a good cause, right?

> You know, it just occurred to me that you should offer to
> license him to sell LIVEDRUNK jerseys. There's probably
> literally (Paul Sherwen style) hundreds of cyclists out there
> on the internets just waiting to buy such a thing if they knew
> it existed.
>
> Register the trademark now ... or at least claim a copyright.
>
> Ben
> Capitalist Pig

The already-famous "LIVEWRONG" is probably both more popular and (as
much as it pains me to admit) funnier:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Wrong-Bracelet-Black/dp/B0007NEDEO

That, and your full Evil Cycling team kit would look mighty nice.
Probably need to wear AXO Blackball shoes and ride a Fetish Ankh.

Actually, maybe a pale bicycle would work better.

Back to your actual question, I'd certainly put it to any jersey maker
that if they wanted to license the LIVEDRUNK design, I'd be glad to do
so. What the trademark, registered or not, is actually worth might come
down to whether it could even be licenseable given that it owes almost
all of its IP and design DNA to parodying "LIVESTRONG" is a question for
the lawyers.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> The already-famous "LIVEWRONG" is probably both more popular and (as
> much as it pains me to admit) funnier:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Live-Wrong-Bracelet-Black/dp/B0007NEDEO
>
> That, and your full Evil Cycling team kit would look mighty nice.
> Probably need to wear AXO Blackball shoes and ride a Fetish Ankh.
> Actually, maybe a pale bicycle would work better.

Black Market Cycling in Norcal could pull that off.
Behold a pale rider, on a pale horse^H^H^H^H^H steed.

> Back to your actual question, I'd certainly put it to any jersey maker
> that if they wanted to license the LIVEDRUNK design, I'd be glad to do
> so. What the trademark, registered or not, is actually worth might come
> down to whether it could even be licenseable given that it owes almost
> all of its IP and design DNA to parodying "LIVESTRONG" is a question for
> the lawyers.

Hey, what the heck? "Armbandje livedrunk", at

http://www.zattevriendenshop.be/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=41

Ben
Sue them for everything they're worth;
settle for a year's supply of beer.

[email protected] wrote:
> Sue them for everything they're worth;
> settle for a year's supply of beer.

He'd have to sue Haliburton to get a years supply of beer.

In article <[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's one! Well, two. I'd definitely do one. And I think we'll pretend
> Don is already in.
>
> We just need 9 more for the price break,

I'd say that if we were to compare your drinking with mine, you'd probably
consider me to be a teetotaler (I know, I know, that can be cured!), so wearing a
LIVEDRUNK jersey would possibly be a bit odd for me. But why not? I'll go for one. I
do think that if they end up being the wool ones, I think that embroidered would be
preferable, as it lasts longer (in general). And how about having more than just the
word "LIVEDRUNK" on them? A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in
it.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:
> preferable, as it lasts longer (in general). And how about having more than just the
> word "LIVEDRUNK" on them? A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in
> it.

An olive branch: LIVE<B>DRUNK</B> for peace ?

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > That's one! Well, two. I'd definitely do one. And I think we'll pretend
> > Don is already in.
> >
> > We just need 9 more for the price break,

> I'd say that if we were to compare your drinking with mine, you'd probably
> consider me to be a teetotaler (I know, I know, that can be cured!), so wearing a
> LIVEDRUNK jersey would possibly be a bit odd for me. But why not? I'll go for one. I
> do think that if they end up being the wool ones, I think that embroidered would be
> preferable, as it lasts longer (in general). And how about having more than just the
> word "LIVEDRUNK" on them? A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in
> it.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/vfkcm

There are a lot of teatotallers around here. They're a big hit. They
hit the bars, hit some Long Island Iced Teas, then hit some trees on
the way home.
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html

In article
<[email protected]>
,
"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > That's one! Well, two. I'd definitely do one. And I think we'll pretend
> > > Don is already in.
> > >
> > > We just need 9 more for the price break,

> > I'd say that if we were to compare your drinking with mine, you'd probably
> > consider me to be a teetotaler (I know, I know, that can be cured!), so wearing a
> > LIVEDRUNK jersey would possibly be a bit odd for me. But why not? I'll go for one. I
> > do think that if they end up being the wool ones, I think that embroidered would be
> > preferable, as it lasts longer (in general). And how about having more than just the
> > word "LIVEDRUNK" on them? A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in
> > it.

> Like this? http://tinyurl.com/vfkcm
>
> There are a lot of teatotallers around here. They're a big hit. They
> hit the bars, hit some Long Island Iced Teas, then hit some trees on
> the way home.
> http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html

And I thought the third rail was deranged.
<http://www.eellegi.com/name/Third-Rail%20Cocktail%20recipe.html>

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>
> ,
> "RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Howard Kveck wrote:

> > > I'd say that if we were to compare your drinking with mine, you'd probably
> > > consider me to be a teetotaler (I know, I know, that can be cured!), so wearing a
> > > LIVEDRUNK jersey would possibly be a bit odd for me. But why not? I'll go for one. I
> > > do think that if they end up being the wool ones, I think that embroidered would be
> > > preferable, as it lasts longer (in general). And how about having more than just the
> > > word "LIVEDRUNK" on them? A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in
> > > it.

> > Like this? http://tinyurl.com/vfkcm
> >
> > There are a lot of teatotallers around here. They're a big hit. They
> > hit the bars, hit some Long Island Iced Teas, then hit some trees on
> > the way home.
> > http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html

> And I thought the third rail was deranged.
> <http://www.eellegi.com/name/Third-Rail%20Cocktail%20recipe.html>

I never had one of that mix, but I don't think I'm missing too much.
The Third Rail I know of is a bit different.
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2372.html The Long Island Iced Tea, if
prepared correctly, tastes just like iced tea. You don't taste the
alcohol at all, and it's loaded with it. A very tasty, slyly dangerous
and often sloppy drink.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>
> > ,

> > > Like this? http://tinyurl.com/vfkcm
> > >
> > > There are a lot of teatotallers around here. They're a big hit. They
> > > hit the bars, hit some Long Island Iced Teas, then hit some trees on
> > > the way home.
> > > http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html

> > And I thought the third rail was deranged.
> > <http://www.eellegi.com/name/Third-Rail%20Cocktail%20recipe.html>

> I never had one of that mix, but I don't think I'm missing too much.
> The Third Rail I know of is a bit different.
> http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2372.html The Long Island Iced Tea, if
> prepared correctly, tastes just like iced tea. You don't taste the
> alcohol at all, and it's loaded with it. A very tasty, slyly dangerous
> and often sloppy drink.

I never had the LIIT. That it tastes innocuous bears
investigation. I shall undertake a serious research
project.

What you reference is _not_ the Third Rail Cocktail.
TRC is one jigger each rum, Calvados, and brandy with a
dash of Pernod. No mistaking the taste of it for
anything non-lethal.

Next up: Glögg.

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:

> > A logo, perhaps, such as a martini glass with an olive in it.

> Like this? http://tinyurl.com/vfkcm

Well, that's busier than what I was thinking. The design that I was thinking is
pretty minimal. I'll round something up this weekend.

> There are a lot of teatotallers around here. They're a big hit. They
> hit the bars, hit some Long Island Iced Teas, then hit some trees on
> the way home.
> http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink590.html

heh...