cross-threaded shoe help

keith lewis

Guest
Is it possible to have the threaded inserts replaced on Shimano TR 02 shoes?
I tried for a good 30 minutes to carefully insert the screw on one of my new
shoes and finally got a little over zealous and may have forced it a bit,
now new screws will not go into the shoe.

Any help?

keith lewis wrote:
> Is it possible to have the threaded inserts replaced on Shimano TR 02 shoes?
> I tried for a good 30 minutes to carefully insert the screw on one of my new
> shoes and finally got a little over zealous and may have forced it a bit,
> now new screws will not go into the shoe.
>
> Any help?

Hi Keith,

I have the TR01 shoes and use SPD cleats, so I had to remove the
three-hole plate and replace them with two-hole plates. I did this by
taking out the sock liner and cutting & prying up the rectangular patch
in the insole over the plate.

So. I'm fairly confident that you'll be able to replace the steel plate.
the trick might be finding one to replace it with. Actually, if you
can't find one, email me and I can send you the ones that I took out of
my shoes.

good luck,
Bob