Cross training?

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 20 Apr 2003 17:18:13 -0700, [email protected] (JD) blathered:

> >> Friday would've been tricky, getting up here on a bike as opposed to running & walking (and a
> >> bit of scrambling) -
> >> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/april2003-bridget/suilvenpan.jpg
> >
> >That's what a light SS is for. Use it to approach the scramble, stash it, then rip back down.
>
> Dammit, you have spotted the flaw in my arguement. The ride-in to that peak would've been
> fantastic, but the girl I was with didn't have her bike with her.

You knew who would find that as well. I once rode in to the Santa Ana Mountains, scrambled on some
rock ledges and watched a Blue Angels air show in El Toro from on high. They had a turnaround right
in front of me and waved back every time they passed (very close).

> The girl in question has cycled solo across the Tibetan plateau, and is probably the fastest
> person I've ever cycled with. I cheerfully predict she'd kick the butts of most people posting
> here. She just didn't have her bike with her, and the nearest decent hire bike was over 80
> miles away.

Birds of a feather is what I would have guessed. Your prediction is probably right. Did she learn
her lesson that she should bring the bike everywhere?

JD

On 21 Apr 2003 23:11:40 -0700, [email protected] (JD) blathered:

>Did she learn her lesson that she should bring the bike everywhere?

She was going to, but like a fool I told her not to bother, thinking we'd be able to get one if we
needed it. D'oh.

>Biking and running for cross training. How would you do this? Bike one day and run or power walk
>the next? Or Bike and run the same day? If the same day, Morning and evening or together?

To answer the original question - all of the above.

Pete
----

Pete Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:00:35 -0400, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> blathered:

>>> Why would you want to run or walk when you have a bike?
>
>> No damn good reason I can think of!
>
> Friday would've been tricky, getting up here on a bike as opposed to running & walking (and a bit
> of scrambling) -

http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/april2003-bridget/suilvenpan. jpg

Well I hope these trips with a person of the opposite gender are not going to stop you posting these
wonderfull pics. Mike