cross Tufo's??

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scribe2b, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite proof
    and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

    Tags:

  2. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Scribe2b wrote:

    >anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite
    >proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

    They are better than sliced bread. The black ones last forever, the red ones last almost forever,
    and the yellow wear out pretty fast. The sidewall toughness is closely related. As for never pinch
    flatting, it's true. You simply will never pinch flat, ever. Ever. If you spooge in the Tufo
    sealant, you won't get any flats at all short of riding over a landmine. Traction is surprisingly
    good, too. As good as any cross tire I've ever ridden.

    If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I would
    get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.

    Miles

  3. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I
    >would get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.

    miles i am putting a pair of red 700x34 tufos on my cross bike this week. thanks, i was going to
    skip the sealant but wont now good rides jc

  4. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Scribe2b wrote:

    >>If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I
    >>would get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.
    >>

    >miles i am putting a pair of red 700x34 tufos on my cross bike this week. thanks, i was going to
    >skip the sealant but wont now good rides jc

    I like the 30c better. Oddly enough, the two sizes have the same tread width, but the casing size
    is different- in other words, the tread wraps farther around the sides of the smaller tire than on
    the big one.

    Miles

  5. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Scribe2b wrote:

    >anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite
    >proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

    Did you actually repost this question, or is TCI's server somehow goofed up? In any case, yes. Buy
    them. They are the best 'cross tires there are. For trail use, spooge in the sealant. You will never
    get any flats at all. Ever.

    Miles

    Miles

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Scribe2b wrote:
    >
    > >anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike?
    supposedly
    > >they are snakebite proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc
    > >

    > Did you actually repost this question, or is TCI's server somehow goofed up?

    I think it's OUR server (RR), Miles. It periodically reposts week-old notes (note the
    date/time stamp).

    Bill "just glad it's not just me" S.

    PS: You riding tomorrow???