cross Tufo's??

Scribe2b

Guest
anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite proof
and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

Scribe2b wrote:

>anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite
>proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

They are better than sliced bread. The black ones last forever, the red ones last almost forever,
and the yellow wear out pretty fast. The sidewall toughness is closely related. As for never pinch
flatting, it's true. You simply will never pinch flat, ever. Ever. If you spooge in the Tufo
sealant, you won't get any flats at all short of riding over a landmine. Traction is surprisingly
good, too. As good as any cross tire I've ever ridden.

If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I would
get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.

Miles

>If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I
>would get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.

miles i am putting a pair of red 700x34 tufos on my cross bike this week. thanks, i was going to
skip the sealant but wont now good rides jc

Scribe2b wrote:

>>If you get the impression that I li9ke these tires, you are correct. If they made MTB tires, I
>>would get myself a pair so fast it would make your head spin.
>>

>miles i am putting a pair of red 700x34 tufos on my cross bike this week. thanks, i was going to
>skip the sealant but wont now good rides jc

I like the 30c better. Oddly enough, the two sizes have the same tread width, but the casing size
is different- in other words, the tread wraps farther around the sides of the smaller tire than on
the big one.

Miles

Scribe2b wrote:

>anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike? supposedly they are snakebite
>proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc

Did you actually repost this question, or is TCI's server somehow goofed up? In any case, yes. Buy
them. They are the best 'cross tires there are. For trail use, spooge in the sealant. You will never
get any flats at all. Ever.

Miles

Miles

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Scribe2b wrote:
>
> >anybody try the clincher-tubular Tufo tires on their cross bike?
supposedly
> >they are snakebite proof and long-wearing/ any experiences? thnx jc
> >

> Did you actually repost this question, or is TCI's server somehow goofed up?

I think it's OUR server (RR), Miles. It periodically reposts week-old notes (note the
date/time stamp).

Bill "just glad it's not just me" S.

PS: You riding tomorrow???