Cross-type tire for MTB

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Robert Schultz, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
    tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.

    RS

    Tags:

  2. Per Robert Schultz:
    >Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
    >tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
    >
    >RS

    Sidewall on mine says "Hutchison Tech Air Lite Comp".
    --
    PeteCresswell

  3. (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Robert Schultz:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
    >> tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
    >>
    >> RS
    >>

    > Sidewall on mine says "Hutchison Tech Air Lite Comp".

    How wide are they? Checked Hutchinson's web site (F#$%#ing flash crap)
    and can't find anything similar. The narrowest tire I could find was 2".
    Not that I could stand to spend much time on their website. Could not
    find a tire called the 'Tech'

    Thanks though.

    RS

  5. Booker C. Bense wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Robert Schultz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know of a narrow (1.25-1.5") MTB tire with crossbike type
    >> tread? Not semi-slick so much as fine-, close spaced knobs.
    >>

    > _ This doesn't exactly fit your description, but they work
    > much better in the dirt than you would expect and are very
    > nice on the road as well.
    >
    > http://www.avocet.com/tirepages/cross_2.html
    >
    > Avocets are a pain to find unless your local shop is willing
    > to put up with their somewhat unique distribution scheme.
    > You can always order them from Harris Cyclery if you can't
    > get them locally.
    >

    > _ Booker C. Bense

    Thanks. I had come across these (at Harris' site), but had thought they
    might be a little too tame. I'll check them out.

    RS