Cross Worlds Selections

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    USA Cycling announces world's 'cross selections USA Cycling has announced the riders who have
    automatically qualified for the February 1-2 World Cyclo-cross Championships in Monopoli, Italy.
    Selections are based on the riders' performances in last weekend's rain-drenched US National
    Championships and their USA Cycling points rankings.

    The riders selected are:

    Ann Grande (elite women) - Washington Carmen D'Aluisio (elite women) - California Jonathan Page
    (elite men) - New Hampshire Adam Craig (under 23 men) - Maine Jesse Anthony (junior men) - Mass.
    Konrad Lebas (junior men) - Connecticut

    Looks like in the first selection it's 4-2 NE. I picked Konrad for Nats, Jesse got him again. Glad
    to see him selected though, he works his ass off. I think that Jesse and Page podium. On the womens
    side I love the selections, Carmen has tons of power and speed, Ann is a technical wizard. Either
    way one of them should do really well. For Adam's sake I hope they have good Belgian weather in
    Italy. He may not need it though given the way he's riding.

    Bill C.

    Tags:

  2. TritonRider wrote:
    > USA Cycling announces world's 'cross selections I think that Jesse and Page podium.

    To use a favourite Kunich phrase: HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAA! (don't know about Jesse though).

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > TritonRider wrote:
    > > USA Cycling announces world's 'cross selections I think that Jesse and Page podium.
    >
    > To use a favourite Kunich phrase: HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAA! (don't know about Jesse though).

    Dang, you beat me to it.

  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > TritonRider wrote:
    > > USA Cycling announces world's 'cross selections I think that Jesse and Page podium.
    >
    > To use a favourite Kunich phrase: HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAA! (don't know about Jesse though).

    Yah, I love the guy like a brother, but seriously...

    Some day he will podium in a World Cup, though. But not this year.

    He would be happy with top 15, which is certainly reasonable. Monopoli is his favorite course, and
    suite him very well.

  5. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: Ewoud Dronkert [email protected]

    >To use a favourite Kunich phrase: HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAA! (don't know about Jesse though).

    The Belgian squad could miss the plane or something, Ya never know. ;-)

    Bill C.

  6. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > >From: Ewoud Dronkert [email protected]
    >
    > >To use a favourite Kunich phrase: HAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAA! (don't know about Jesse though).
    >
    > The Belgian squad could miss the plane or something, Ya never know. ;-)

    Geez, Bill, they'd have to miss the entire year.