Crossin Big Roandabouts, Like cheese

loly222

Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys, I have not defected, but just to get the feel of the road without all the respect of riding a bent, and to spread awareness about the nearly non-existent vehicular cycling using a cheap bike, just to say it is possible to use bikes on big roads vehicularly.. I focused on this video on showing how to deal with bad driving behaviors also, patience, signaling, exiting,

Place in Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Also, to show differences, I cycled 4 rounds in 15 min using NON vehicular practices, and 16 times using Vehicular principles in 20 minutes. The last 3 minutes is a speeded back view of my bike through the Roundabout for 16 Times!

The video has translations (Click on CC , then choose English ) , I hope the spell check worked!

It took me 2 hours to film with 3 cameras my nephew, and so many days and hours to build this video. I am not amazed by the outcome, but it needs to go out! I should seek production assistance next time!

I have a few small roundabouts that I go through and taking the lane is the best option. Nice work.

If you are ever in Minnesota, let me know. I can show you a lot less stressful riding conditions: 100's of miles of bike paths, bike lanes, wide shoulders, rural roads and courteous drivers.

Stay safe.

first of all congratulations for a nice production; very well filmed, edited and put together i have to say that i have seen worse situations, even more dangerous crossings, etc i agree about riding as a car, in the middle of the street, is safer in those kinds of crossings and roundabouts, a quick glimpse back over your shoulder is advisable too, as we discussed in another thread about how to look back without losing your lane and control of the bike, as pro riders do, so thanks again for your nice contribution,

Great video, Loly222, and thank you for sharing.

Living in Boston I used to deal with roundabouts, or rotaries, as we called them. My rule was, take as much lane as needed so as not to get forced aside, shoot for a gap, hold a position as far to the left as necessary to not get forced out, and move to the right on approaching the exit. And signal, make a lot of eye contact, and act like you know what you're doing.

Boston drivers were generally more courteous and accustomed to seeing bicyclists on busy streets.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat .

Great video, Loly222, and thank you for sharing.

Living in Boston I used to deal with roundabouts, or rotaries, as we called them. My rule was, take as much lane as needed so as not to get forced aside, shoot for a gap, hold a position as far to the left as necessary to not get forced out, and move to the right on approaching the exit. And signal, make a lot of eye contact, and act like you know what you're doing.

Boston drivers were generally more courteous and accustomed to seeing bicyclists on busy streets.
very excellent and that's what we call it road cycling :) ...
keep going my friend

Originally Posted by vspa .

first of all congratulations for a nice production; very well filmed, edited and put together
i have to say that i have seen worse situations, even more dangerous crossings, etc
i agree about riding as a car, in the middle of the street, is safer in those kinds of crossings and roundabouts,
a quick glimpse back over your shoulder is advisable too, as we discussed in another thread about how to look back without losing your lane and control of the bike, as pro riders do,
so thanks again for your nice contribution,
thank you for your compliment ...
and about not losing your lane we made a video that help you to learn how
when you with a group using Signals by hand you can see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrT-5vYSwGo

Originally Posted by maydog .

I have a few small roundabouts that I go through and taking the lane is the best option. Nice work.

If you are ever in Minnesota, let me know. I can show you a lot less stressful riding conditions: 100's of miles of bike paths, bike lanes, wide shoulders, rural roads and courteous drivers.

Stay safe.
will sure why not ... hope to see you in future
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

That's insane.
YES it is ,,, but this is the right way :)