I walk the rest of the route to the cape in two years. A walk along Loch Maree to the fantastic Letterewe/Fisherfield wilderness is not the most direct route. I finish this year in lochinver. A night on suilven? http://www.ukclimbing.com/images/dbpage.html?id=38330 After a route over Seana Bhraigh, northern by the cromalt hills to Elphin. But if it is possible (time!!) via coigach and inverpolly. (after seeing this photo's) http://www.gosney.plus.com/inverpolly/html/inverpolly.html
Exactly the same question came up in this group a few years ago.
IIRC, the gap is about 15 metres. Viewed from Stac Pollaidh the water does not show any features on the bottom of the Loch. The assumption therefore is that it is swimming depth rather than wading depth.
The assumption therefore is that it is swimming depth rather than wading depth.
Thanks, Ivo
You can as long as there hasn't been too much rain.
As you can see from this photograph taken at the spot you are talking about, I am on one side and my mate is on the other, we both started on the same side and boulder hopped over and back.