Crossing the I5 bridge in Portland, Oregon

Duwaynea Anderson

Guest
Dear fellow cyclists:

I live in Saint Helens, Oregon, and I'm biking to Vancouver,
Washington on Saturday to watch my daughter's perform with a marching
band.

I need to cross the Columbia River -- hopefully on I5 (205 would be a
much longer ride for me, and the round-trip distance is already at
roughly 100 miles).

Anyway .... can/will anyone give me directions for crossing the
Columbia on I5? A link on the Internet would be fine. I'll be coming
from the northwest, along Marine Drive.

Thanks!!!

Duwayne Anderson

That's a tricky one. I'll try, but you might get clearer directions
asking on the bikeportland.org forum.

You want to be in the Jantzen Beach shopping center area. Heck, look
at this map:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1412861

Yes, you do cross the channel to Hayden Island right next to the
freeway.

Lynne F

On Oct 25, 10:33 am, Lynne Fitz <[email protected]> wrote:
> That's a tricky one. I'll try, but you might get clearer directions
> asking on the bikeportland.org forum.
>
> You want to be in the Jantzen Beach shopping center area. Heck, look
> at this map:http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1412861
>
> Yes, you do cross the channel to Hayden Island right next to the
> freeway.
>
> Lynne F
>
> On Oct 24, 7:57 am, Duwaynea Anderson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> > Dear fellow cyclists:

> > I live in Saint Helens, Oregon, and I'm biking to Vancouver,
> > Washington on Saturday to watch my daughter's perform with a marching
> > band.

> > I need to cross the Columbia River -- hopefully on I5 (205 would be a
> > much longer ride for me, and the round-trip distance is already at
> > roughly 100 miles).

> > Anyway .... can/will anyone give me directions for crossing the
> > Columbia on I5? A link on the Internet would be fine. I'll be coming
> > from the northwest, along Marine Drive.

> > Thanks!!!

> > Duwayne Anderson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! By the way, I found Google Earth helpful. I can see the bike
path and how it accesses the bridge, so I think I'm set.

Duwayne Anderson