CrossMax Sl wheels

mtnrider

Feb 13, 2005
I can't make up my mind wheather I should get these wheels or not. I from what I know of them think that they are great race wheels. They were going to be just that a set of wheels for huge rides and races only. I have heard good and bad about them. It has been one of those things like you ask 10 people and get 10 different answers so I was wondering if you guys could help me? :) :confused:

mtnrider said:
I can't make up my mind wheather I should get these wheels or not. I from what I know of them think that they are great race wheels. They were going to be just that a set of wheels for huge rides and races only. I have heard good and bad about them. It has been one of those things like you ask 10 people and get 10 different answers so I was wondering if you guys could help me? :) :confused:
hmm, i think theyre pretty good like the sales rep that comes into our store for giant has some and he weighs aobut 110kg and hammers them, im suprised he hasnt had anything go wrong so theyre pretty solid though theres always people that have problems and people with none and they love them.

im going to get a Giant Trance 1 but im planning to take the crossmax wheels off and to build up some wheels with NoTubes rims, DT spokes and i dont know aobut hubs but probably wtb front, maybe back too but they'll definatly be lighter than the crossmax, ive just built up a front wheel for my SS with the heavy version of the Notubes ZTR olympic rim with DT Revoloution spokes, alloy nipples and a WTB hub, and with the Notubes rims you can run tyres with no tubes (dont even have to be UST) and no rimstrip (just use the yellow spoke tape) and its quite a bit lighter than the crossmax SL i dont have weights though. but then again which will last longer...

but building wheels like im planning on will probably be a little more expensive than buying the Crossmax wheelset