Crow blasts Armstrong....

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Crow also spoke to Bergonzi of her relationship with Armstrong, saying "I know he is concerned about me...my mom is here with me." Talking of her break-up with Armstrong, Crow explained, "Lance recently retired after an extraordinary career where he was completely at the top. So he still needs to figure out his new life."

I wonder where his new life is ?

whiteboytrash said:
Crow also spoke to Bergonzi of her relationship with Armstrong, saying "I know he is concerned about me...my mom is here with me." Talking of her break-up with Armstrong, Crow explained, "Lance recently retired after an extraordinary career where he was completely at the top. So he still needs to figure out his new life."

WBT: You lost me on this one as I can't connect the title with the comments.
The comments seem relatively tame and subjective.

Don't worry about his/her connecting the title to the comments. Consider the absence of connection betweenthe facts and the substantive arguments/positions. :p

jhuskey said:
WBT: You lost me on this one as I can't connect the title with the comments.
The comments seem relatively tame and subjective.
Recall the comments by Kik one year after the divorce... she said exactly the same thing as crow is saying now...(want the web link?) he is always searching for something... he just can't settle down.... or maybe no women can live up to the lofty heights that he holds his mother in..... what is also interesting is that she says that she is doing fine and with her mum... as to say he is doing a shite job at caring for her in crisis....

….he dumped her on Christmas day, she gets cancer, he issues statements all over the media about how horrible it is and how much he cares but a 43 year old women with a wedding dress gathering dust in the wardrobe shouldn't have to get through this with her Mom. period. There is only one person in Lance Armstrong’s life and that’s himself.

There is a lot to read into this....

Wouldn't surprise me if Armstrong ends up depressed like many other athletes who retire. I would put him into the same category as Marco P.

whiteboytrash said:
Recall the comments by Kik one year after the divorce... she said exactly the same thing as crow is saying now...(want the web link?) he is always searching for something... he just can't settle down.... or maybe no women can live up to the lofty heights that he holds his mother in..... what is also interesting is that she says that she is doing fine and with her mum... as to say he is doing a shite job at caring for her in crisis....

….he dumped her on Christmas day, she gets cancer, he issues statements all over the media about how horrible it is and how much he cares but a 43 year old women with a wedding dress gathering dust in the wardrobe shouldn't have to get through this with her Mom. period. There is only one person in Lance Armstrong’s life and that’s himself.

There is a lot to read into this....

Wouldn't surprise me if Armstrong ends up depressed like many other athletes who retire. I would put him into the same category as Marco P.

OK, I understand the connection you are making.

whiteboytrash said:

I realize there is a big Armstrong feud going on, but do we really need to stoke the flames with another new post unrealted to cycling?

tcklyde said:
I realize there is a big Armstrong feud going on, but do we really need to stoke the flames with another new post unrealted to cycling?

I am rather neutral on the more "soap opera side" of cycling. I just wanted to understand the premise.
I couldn't care less if Lance is the most permiscuous ***** in town. As a matter of fact in an earlier time I could relate.

tcklyde said:
You know he's (wbt) smiling as he's reading this don't you.:D

What's this? A world champion and very wealthy athlete is arrogant and self absorbed? Why, I'm shocked beyond words.

I'm with tcklyde - Armstrong is retired, and really not an interesting subject for discussion. Cycling is better for him being in it, and it's now better for his retirement. It was rather refreshing to watch our own little TofC, and not see the race unfold with a foregone conclusion.

JohnO said:
What's this? A world champion and very wealthy athlete is arrogant and self absorbed? Why, I'm shocked beyond words.

I'm with tcklyde - Armstrong is retired, and really not an interesting subject for discussion. Cycling is better for him being in it, and it's now better for his retirement. It was rather refreshing to watch our own little TofC, and not see the race unfold with a foregone conclusion.
After the TT it was a foregone conclusion and he used Armstrongs game plan.

her cancer aside..and i do feel for her....

sheryl crow owes a LOT to L.A. she was a nothing, washed up, no music, no hits for a decade until she met him. he remade her by association.
id knock up half the world, the female half, if i was LA so why would u want to be stuck with her anyway ??

Better off with his Mummy...... :rolleyes:

Ricardo29 said:
her cancer aside..and i do feel for her....

sheryl crow owes a LOT to L.A. she was a nothing, washed up, no music, no hits for a decade until she met him. he remade her by association.
id knock up half the world, the female half, if i was LA so why would u want to be stuck with her anyway ??