CSC and Valverde collusion

thoughtforfood said:
Yea, THAT guy is super hot....just look at his avatar....I wonder which one he is???
the avatar has to go,

btw, back to basso... he is beautiful on the bike ;)

Klodifan said:
the avatar has to go,

btw, back to basso... he is beautiful on the bike ;)
I am willing to bet you could change "on" to "off" and the admiration wouldn't change.

thoughtforfood said:
Yea, THAT guy is super hot....just look at his avatar....I wonder which one he is???

nah they're my 'pro tour' team i'm training up....None of them can ride for ****, but I figga they're still a chance at winning, cos no-one will wanna pass them! :D...

we're open to sponsorship opportunities...any suggestions?:D

thunder said:
what was with the collusion between Valverde and CSC?

Schleck was discouraging Valverde to pull on the front

actually looked at the coverage tonight... i think you misinterpreted what was going on between Valverde and the CSC boys... they were trying to get away without Evans... at one point Schleck the senior taps Valverde after a failed attack with him as if to say nice try even though it didn't work... he wasn't telling him to not go... he was just saying nice try.

i was actually surprise at how much the Schlecks actually attacked... after that attack with Valv didn't work they should have maybe given it one more try higher up... i think the actually contributed to Sastre not getting more time than he did.

doctorSpoc said:
i was actually surprise at how much the Schlecks actually attacked... after that attack with Valv didn't work they should have maybe given it one more try higher up... i think the actually contributed to Sastre not getting more time than he did.

at 1st glance it appears that way, initially I wondered why they were chasing their own team mate down,knowing that he needed 'time'...I think they were actually very clever. Evans & menchev, whom they would have been most concerned about, are pretty much 'single pacers' ( Evans more so), they are both strong & can ride all day hard...what they don't do well, is 'variable' pace attacks....so by 'attacking' & waiting for the response & the inevitable 'catch', it took a lot of the 'sting' out of both Evans & menchev...therefore the 'average' speed of the surges & recoveries, was probably lower than what would have been achieved if they just followed Evans up the hill...Riis is no dummy, (although the attack early last week was a waste of time)...I'm tipping he 'played' the cards he had against the perceived weaknesses of his opponents

Hitchy said:
at 1st glance it appears that way, initially I wondered why they were chasing their own team mate down,knowing that he needed 'time'...I think they were actually very clever. Evans & menchev, whom they would have been most concerned about, are pretty much 'single pacers' ( Evans more so), they are both strong & can ride all day hard...what they don't do well, is 'variable' pace attacks....so by 'attacking' & waiting for the response & the inevitable 'catch', it took a lot of the 'sting' out of both Evans & menchev...therefore the 'average' speed of the surges & recoveries, was probably lower than what would have been achieved if they just followed Evans up the hill...Riis is no dummy, (although the attack early last week was a waste of time)...I'm tipping he 'played' the cards he had against the perceived weaknesses of his opponents
And they zig-zagged their attacks from side to side... luring Evans off a straight line.

thoughtforfood said:
Oh, watch out, Hitchy probably knows him. I'll bet Evans let him carry his lion...or maybe his accessory dog. I'll bet he would even let him put chamos cream in his shorts....that Hitchy is sooooo above us. He knows people, watch out or he will "pwn" you....plus I think he wants pictures of my tool....
Dunno about Hitchy but Cadel seemed pretty nice last time I was at Ocean Grove.:)

ad9898 said:
My opinion, Evans may or may not have been calculating how much time he could lose on the Alpe today and I'm sure he's playing to the strengths he has, but I don't like 'em and neither do alot of others by the sounds of it.

He has no style, no panache, he was looking around today after being on the front for about 5 seconds as if to say "why aren't you helping me", he should never have had the No.1 on his back. He just follows and followers shouldn't be champions. Remember Indurain in '95 when Zulle went off up La Plagne ?, he didn't sit there calculating and wondering if someone else was going to chase, he just ****ed off after him and won the tour with that ride. Valverde probably said to Schleck today " I wasn't going to help him he's a ***** " :D

What makes it worse is you know what a ***** he is off the bike

You reach a lot of whacky conclusions in that head of yours or are you a little bent?

Panache, style, charisma. Since when does that matter? They are trying to find the best bike rider.

Jono L said:
Dunno about Hitchy but Cadel seemed pretty nice last time I was at Ocean Grove.:)

You one of those 'bad boys' that were 'dropping' him on the Hendry rides?....:D

Hitchy said:

yeah... i know what they were trying to do.. mix the pace... accelerate to the front... slow... accelerate... slow... and you just make sure you slow more than you pull... but i think they may have pulled the group a bit much... hard to say...?

but holy **** was Andy Schleck frigg'n strong... just riding circles around these guys. at 22, a little bit on the dumb side though... he should have went right around Sanchez when he caught him... nah i'm just going to go toe to toe and line it up with Sanchez for the sprint.. yeah right!!... oh well, hopefully he'll learn. GC riders don't need to be smart like that... just need to be consistent, but to do the hilly classics you need to be smarter than that.