CSC Article in Wired magazine

Adam Hodges Mye

Guest
Anyone read it?

Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
themselves from?

Adam

Thanks for the endorsement from a CSC employee!

Usual high quality information for r.b.r.

Adam Hodges Myerson wrote:

> Anyone read it?
>
> Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
> international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
> themselves from?
>
> Adam

"Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BA5C794F.1D94%[email protected]...
> Anyone read it?
>
> Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex,
and
> are basically international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to
> distance themselves from?
>
> Adam

Seems pretty silly that a bunch of bad asses like that would hire a wuss like Tyler to represent
them, doesn't it...?

I asked if anyone read the article. You can't come to a conclusion based on my interpretation of the
article, only from reading the article itself.

Usual high quality critical reading and analysis from r.b.r.

Adam

in article [email protected], Colin Campbell at [email protected] wrote on
1/28/03 8:25 PM:

> Thanks for the endorsement from a CSC employee!
>
> Usual high quality information for r.b.r.
>
> Adam Hodges Myerson wrote:
>
>> Anyone read it?
>>
>> Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
>> international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
>> themselves from?
>>
>> Adam

Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BA5C794F.1D94%[email protected]>...
> Anyone read it?
>
> Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
> international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
> themselves from?
>
> Adam

When are you changing your last name to Lafferty ?

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BA5C794F.1D94%[email protected]>...
> > Anyone read it?
> >
> > Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex,
and
> > are basically international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to
> > distance themselves from?
> >
> > Adam
>
> When are you changing your last name to Lafferty ?

Perhaps we should both change our names to Eisenhower.

Dwight

I read that article - interesting stuff. They are almost legal mercenaries doing work for
the US govt.

But, I didn't think that the CSC they were talking about was the same CSC as the bike
sponsor -- is it?

[email protected] (Amit) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<BA5C794F.1D94%[email protected]>...
> > Anyone read it?
> >
> > Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
> > international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
> > themselves from?
> >
> > Adam
>
> When are you changing your last name to Lafferty ?

Wow, the things you learn reading Usenet. I never realized my wife was an international security
guard/hit[person]! All this time I thought CSC was a computer science consulting firm.

"Chris Trapeni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I read that article - interesting stuff. They are almost legal mercenaries doing work for the
> US govt.
>
> But, I didn't think that the CSC they were talking about was the same CSC as the bike sponsor
> -- is it?

"Adam Hodges Myerson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BA5C794F.1D94%[email protected]...
> Anyone read it?
>
> Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex,
and
> are basically international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to
> distance themselves from?
>
> Adam

what the hell are you talking about. I think you have the two acronyms confused.... you sound like
Mel Gibson. were you a SS agent also?

in article [email protected], Michael Ferranti at [email protected] wrote on
1/29/03 10:44 AM:

> Wow, the things you learn reading Usenet. I never realized my wife was an international security
> guard/hit[person]! All this time I thought CSC was a computer science consulting firm.

They were, and your wife of course may be. (I certainly don't recall implicating your wife as a
hitwoman just because she works for CSC.) CSC now owns DynCorp. DynCorp provide a lot of tech
services to the government, but they also are heavily into military security. For example, look
around on their web site and you can find this:

http://www.dyncorp.com/Companies/disecurity.htm

My point is that I always thought CSC was just an ISP. I had no idea of the scope of the business
they do, and now that they own DynCorp, I think some of it is unsavory, which is what's detailed in
the Wired article. At the very least, it's incredibly interesting. You might opt to read it before
you blame hearing things you don't agree with on Usenet.

Adam

Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message

> My point is that I always thought CSC was just an ISP.

CSC is a consulting company, they have lots of corporate/govt clients. You're probably thinking of
Tiscali, which is an ISP and was a co-sponsor of the cycling team in the past.

I haven't yet read the article, but anyone can play six-degrees of Laffery and connect anyone to
corporate evil-doers or Osama Bin Laden.

-Amit

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

> > My point is that I always thought CSC was just an ISP.
>
> CSC is a consulting company, they have lots of corporate/govt clients. You're probably thinking of
> Tiscali, which is an ISP and was a co-sponsor of the cycling team in the past.
>
> I haven't yet read the article, but anyone can play six-degrees of Laffery and connect anyone to
> corporate evil-doers or Osama Bin Laden.

If CSC owns DynCorp, as Myerson has stated, then CSC is directly involved in the mercenary business.

Last time I looked it was an international crime to commit murder. Since CSC has a cycling team of
hit men maybe UCI should bar them from competition.

> "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in
message

> > > My point is that I always thought CSC was just an ISP.
> >
> > CSC is a consulting company, they have lots of corporate/govt
clients.
> > You're probably thinking of Tiscali, which is an ISP and was a co-sponsor of the cycling team in
> > the past.
> >
> > I haven't yet read the article, but anyone can play six-degrees of Laffery and connect anyone to
> > corporate evil-doers or Osama Bin
Laden.

> If CSC owns DynCorp, as Myerson has stated, then CSC is directly
involved in
> the mercenary business.

> news:ug%[email protected]...
> > Last time I looked it was an international crime to commit murder. Since CSC has a cycling team
> > of hit men maybe UCI should bar them
from
> > competition.
>
> Is that like a Chuck Barris team time trial?

http://www.tampabaylive.com/entertainment/stories/0301/030102gongshow. shtml

Or maybe Adam's education from a movie by a guy who made movies like "Roger and Me", "TV Nation" and
"The Awful Truth".

Here's a review of Adam's educational film:

"Given Michael Moore's track record it's hard to select his worst film. Each film is terrible in its
own way. Bowling for Columbine is so boring and so sophomoric that the audience (small as it was)
walked out and asked for its money back. Moore thinks he made a big discovery that guns are
dangerous. In the hands of fatheads like Michael Moore they sure are."

> news:ug%[email protected]...
> > Last time I looked it was an international crime to commit murder. Since CSC has a cycling team
> > of hit men maybe UCI should bar them from competition.
> >

> Is that like a Chuck Barris team time trial?

No.

http://www.dyncorp-sucks.com/afgan_mercs.htm

If there is one entity that Osama bin Laden should be scared of, it is not the military coalition
that is trying to "smoke him out" of a cartographer's nightmare of caves and underground warrens -
he should be petrified of the bands of mercenaries, officially declared and otherwise, out to grab
the US$25 million that that has been placed by the Bush Administration on his perverse head, "dead
or alive". According to exchanges on the Internet in military and mercenary sites - some of which
have become almost paranoically membership-restricted after the US decided to go to war - there are
half a dozen Private Military Companies (PMCs) already operating clandestinely in Afghanistan;
because they are on the ground, these PMCs (a nomenclature of post-Cold War coinage, when mercenary
units, like the American Mafia in the 1970s, had to go legit to survive) most likely a whole lot
better informed than the coalition forces about the possible whereabouts of the new Carlos of the
terrorist world.

<snip>

Sources say that the PMCs known to have given calls to arms to their permanent personnel and to
freelance "security experts" include the Control Risks Group, Dyncorp (which has just started a US
Homeland Defence service),

<snip

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Adam Hodges Myerson <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >

> > > My point is that I always thought CSC was just an ISP.
> >
> > CSC is a consulting company, they have lots of corporate/govt clients. You're probably thinking
> > of Tiscali, which is an ISP and was a co-sponsor of the cycling team in the past.
> >
> > I haven't yet read the article, but anyone can play six-degrees of Laffery and connect anyone to
> > corporate evil-doers or Osama Bin Laden.
>

> If CSC owns DynCorp, as Myerson has stated, then CSC is directly involved in the mercenary
> business.

I find this logic questionable. What would you describe the US Postal cycling teams' connection to
the U.S. military as? Mike

>From: Adam Hodges Myerson [email protected]

>Anyone read it?
>
>Anyone surprised the CSC is part of the US Military Industrial Complex, and are basically
>international security guards/hitmen for the US, and dirty jobs they need to distance
>themselves from?
>
>Adam

Just read it Adam. I wish there were more sources named because I can tell you for a fact that a
lot of it is wrong. There is a lot that is right also. We deployed a ton of the security and
support for Bosnia through Ramstein AB and Kaiserslautern. We had several tranportation units
hauling ammo for both the army and af in both Bosnia and the gulf. We weren't there during the gulf
but a lot of the drivers were. They did work on the aircraft systems when the military guys
couldn't get them to work. DynCorps guys role is overstated, there were always a bunch around
acting as consultants. Mostly they sat in thier Air Conditioned trailers and drank coffee. They
very well could have taken over day to day policing now. We DO NOT have the military people to do
it. We are stretched so thin it is incredible. We still have troops stuck in Haiti if anyone
remembers that. Same for Columbia. The other problem in Columbia is that we do not have the
aircraft in service for the job. (Not even discussing if we should be doing it in the first place)
The AF has kept moving to high tech, high dollar aircraft which are not suited to a lot of roles
that they wish would just go away. They have been trying to replace the A-10, and C-130 forever
now. The problem is that thier solutions cost more all around and have been less reliable. The
truth about the actual condition of the military and what the pinheads in the Pentagon are doing is
ugly at best. The problem is no-one in official positions is going to tell you the truth. It's
against policy. This privatization scheme is nothing but ripping off taxpayers and funneling the
money to thier friends. I haven't talked to anyone who actually depends on these services, or
provides them that thinks this is a good idea. I can see the Pentagon overstating, and creating
false leaks that DynCorp is doing all this. The reasoning would be to claim that they were already
doing this much and it's working so now we can privatize the rest. As for the rent a cop security
our military uses, it's a joke. I'd really like to see someone dig into and expose all this ****
but I'm not going to hold my breathe. Bill C

"Michael McMurray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > If CSC owns DynCorp, as Myerson has stated, then CSC is directly
involved in
> > the mercenary business.
>
> I find this logic questionable. What would you describe the US Postal cycling teams' connection to
> the U.S. military as?

DynCorp contracts out mercenaries. Google 'dyncorp' and 'mercenary' there's a lot to read.

Adam- Are you riding for a team sponsored by an on-line gambling company? If you are opening fire on
the MIC, why not also open fire on capitalism and have your sponsor give money to the homeless, who
you support via cycling, that might have lost their money gambling.